Nasal Polyps And Allergies

Discussion in 'Female Issues' started by Philippe, Mar 11, 2017.

1. raysputin

raysputin Member

I know I agree but it seems like the consensus is raising metabolism vs fighting invaders and Ray always sides with increasing metabolism at least whenever I email him about personal problems

2. achillea

achillea Member

3. raysputin

raysputin Member

4. achillea

achillea Member

I do not know

5. achillea

achillea Member

The Mayo Clinic, in 1999, demonstrated that 96% of 210 chronic sinusitis patients had the presence of fungi in their sinus mucosa. There were 44 different types of fungi found and, in a subset of 101 patients, the presence of eosinophils (a type of white blood cell activated by the body's immune system) were found in the nasal tissue and mucus of 96% of the patients as well. This was a breakthrough discovery as prior to that, fungus was believed to be the cause of less than 10% of cases. Currently, most physicians including ENTs, still treat most chronic sinusitis infections as if they are bacterial in the absence of obvious visual fungal evidence. Thus, even though the proven scientific evidence and recognition of mold as the main cause of sinusitis now exists, patients are STILL suffering and being treated with drugs that do not address fungus at all, but rather bacteria and infection. When this occurs, an endless cycle of sickness perpetuates and lives

6. shepherdgirl

shepherdgirl Member

Dr. Peat mentions chitinase/chitinase family of proteins being in polyps, the asthmatic lung, and that it can be induced in plants by salicylate. Just wondering if it may have a role in Samter's triad?
    Milk in context: allergies, ecology, and some myths