How Could You Break Down Topical Calcification And Fibrosis

johnwester130

Bald men have shiny, rigid collagen in the balding areas.

How could you break this down to the normal, thin skinned flexible state

LukeL

Ray talks about fibrosis in Another School of Thought podcast, episode titled " Serotonin and Endotoxin" - It's one of the best Ray Peat podcasts out there. Worth checking out

Dante

Rob's website perfecthairhealth.com is dedicated to your question. Drop him a comment at his blog and he will reply.( btw you could always try a dermaroller with DT massage which Danny might not agree with but the point is it works)

mujuro

Forum Supporter
I've done Rob's detumescent massaging. I found that twice a day was too inflaming for me. It would feel sore and painful. Sometimes I'd forget for a few days and when I went back to it my scalp was really soft and flexible, so maybe you will need to adjust frequency. He say that recovery time is crucial and can be individual. I think it definitely helps. Soon after starting it I would get little bumps like new hairs coming through.

Thoushant

I think understanding myofibroblasts and then applying from it.
Myofibroblasts : Mechanisms of fibrosis: therapeutic translation for fibrotic disease : Nature Medicine : Nature Research
takers: in fibrosis some myofibroblasts are resistant to apoptisis
It's intersting in that regard, as many articles on pubmed of herbal compounds against hair loss, also have anti-cancer activity.
There's also some chemicals that reverse the differentation.
Reducing the obvious inflammatory markers is a start. Maybe some herbs to target TGF-beta, IL-6, 13 etc

How about blood clotting can we increase fibronolysis somehow, I recall peat mentioning a weird enzyme (called pig something something, but still found in the body). In that light, do haemophilia patients also experience hair loss?

Prevent the underlying cause:
Cephalohematoma - Wikipedia
Subgaleal hemorrhage - Wikipedia
I have a pitting edema on my scalp, and it is defined by the sutures, and my galea moves over it. So a reduced venous drainage of the area?
is it possible a rupture of small capillaries from brain/bone to the scalp is causing edema + fibrosis? Maybe excessive micro trauma from bad posture(I remember reading an article about microvessels trauma in brain degenerative disease, so something like that..)
If so taking supplements to strengthen capillary walls, Gelatine is obvious to name I guess.

serrapeptase and other proteolyic enzymes can break down collagen matrices that shouldn't be there.

Thoushant

Cyproheptadine Prevents / Reverses Soft Tissue Calcification
I started 12 mg cypro yesterday. Today my scalp is sore to the touch in an area I've been scrubbing(Edit: actually, zits are popping there..), which I don't mind cause normally it's just numb.
I've been doing Gua sha scrubbing for ~2 weeks now, just pressing bumby areas and scrubbing sore areas(especially over temporalis and auricotemporalis muscles).
I also recommend imagining the skin and skull as a joint, and there has to be a certain movement bewteen. So I hold my head, turn to the left while my hand are trying to go right, and then every imaginable direction. Quick way to get the smelly oil stuff out.

Last edited:
this is going to sound weird and i dont understand the mechanism, but i notice a clear swelling on my head when i'm in a hypothyroid state. i notice it in two different situations, one, if i need to go to the restroom and i'm backed up, my head will literally swell. second, i know if i'm in a hypothyroid state, although the two could be linked, i just know because i will feel the swelling go down after thyroid is increased.

i think it would probably explain what MPB actually is, but again, i don't know the mecahnism that is taking place the best i can describe it as feeling like you clench your jaw really really hard and you feel the muscles on the side of your head swell. i think it has to be what mpb is, but again, i don't know the mechanism.

Thoushant

@mayweatherking
Intersting. How long before swelling subsides in your experience? Do you have any malocclusion? Deep bite maybe?

I've read in deep bite, masseter isnt very active compared to norm, only the back deep back part . Temporalis is more active.
I have a deep bite, if I push my jaw out and chew, muscle balance shifts heavily to masseter.
now I'm wondering if anti cholinergic drugs can benefit(Botox has been used for hair loss)
Here's a test: try chewing really slowly, with minimal temporalis and masseter, but instead use the tongue to push food up to the palate⁄side of teet, follwing this meal, does your scalp feel different? I have a tendency to eat strssed, so I ignore internal fine feel of teeth and gums and just clench away

@Daniel Knebel
I went to a hair salon today, they had a scalp nourishment treatment. Consisted of peppermint shampoo, head sauna with ginger paste, and then microcurrent, made me hold a rod and applied the other to the scalp, some areas didnt respond to electricity, they said it means healthy. Also they mentioned seasonal variations, and fungus growth in HF
What freq, voltage etc?

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

I've done Rob's detumescent massaging. I found that twice a day was too inflaming for me. It would feel sore and painful. Sometimes I'd forget for a few days and when I went back to it my scalp was really soft and flexible, so maybe you will need to adjust frequency. He say that recovery time is crucial and can be individual. I think it definitely helps. Soon after starting it I would get little bumps like new hairs coming through.

how ?

I have an area of my scalp that is too tight to pinch/massage though

Soren

Forum Supporter
how ?

I have an area of my scalp that is too tight to pinch/massage though

When I started the massaging therapy it was almost impossible to pinch my scalp. It takes time and patience, I'd recommend getting Rob's book goes into detail on how best to perform the massages.

Thoushant

Ableton

this is going to sound weird and i dont understand the mechanism, but i notice a clear swelling on my head when i'm in a hypothyroid state. i notice it in two different situations, one, if i need to go to the restroom and i'm backed up, my head will literally swell. second, i know if i'm in a hypothyroid state, although the two could be linked, i just know because i will feel the swelling go down after thyroid is increased.

i think it would probably explain what MPB actually is, but again, i don't know the mecahnism that is taking place the best i can describe it as feeling like you clench your jaw really really hard and you feel the muscles on the side of your head swell. i think it has to be what mpb is, but again, i don't know the mechanism.

can relate. Hypertension?

Hugh Johnson

I have read about this today as well. Gbol of course. Lol.
ANOTHER PROOF THAT HAIRLOSS Is the problem with the REDOX and glutathione and VIRAL INFECTION
Did dou try it?
Topically?

„by drinking urine you force your body to stay in an inflammatory state“, „overwrite inflammatory response“
Changed my life. Mostly drinking it.

Urine helps with everything. That stuff about inflammation is probably bs. You should read Peat's writings on urea and people's research and experiences on shivambu.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals