Reversing Fibrosis and Calcification in the Scalp?

helpmyhair

Over the past year, my hair loss has accelerated. And in the past 4 months or so, it's progressed the fastest. During that four months, I noticed that my scalp feels tighter, the skin on it feels thick, and there seems to be some calcification going on. I'm sure that fibrosis and calcification is causing my quick hairloss and is going to ruin my hair for good if I don't figure out how to stop or reverse the process.

So how we can we fix/reverse fibrosis and calcification in the scalp?

I've heard high dose magnesium can help with the calcification. I've tried it and it may have helped a little but not sure. But what about fibrosis? That seems even more difficult to solve.

L_C

Over the past year, my hair loss has accelerated. And in the past 4 months or so, it's progressed the fastest. During that four months, I noticed that my scalp feels tighter, the skin on it feels thick, and there seems to be some calcification going on. I'm sure that fibrosis and calcification is causing my quick hairloss and is going to ruin my hair for good if I don't figure out how to stop or reverse the process.

I've heard high dose magnesium can help with the calcification. I've tried it and it may have helped a little but not sure. But what about fibrosis? That seems even more difficult to solve.
Defibron?

HeyThere

Serrapeptase.

Momma

Vitamin K2 as well. Food based over supplements if possible, as a general practice.

cremes

If you read the thread on Defibron you'll see many notes about its anti-fibrotic activity. There were several questions about its efficacy for scalp health and balding but I don't recall anyone every posting anything positive on that topic. That is, no answers were forthcoming at all. In the absence of information, assume it's still possible.

And K2 as noted above is a well-known decalcifier in the sense that it pulls calcium from tissues (like your scalp) and redeposits them in your bones where they belong.

So I haven't added much here other than short explanations for _why_ these products and vitamins were mentioned.

HeyThere

Serrapeptase should end this thread. Its job is to eat fibrin and dead tissue. End of story.

Apple

Serrapeptase should end this thread. Its job is to eat fibrin and dead tissue. End of story.
How is it better than alternatives ?
Other alternatives to serratiopeptidase could be nattokinase, bromelain from pineapple, papain from papaya, rituside, trypsin, chymotrypsin etc.

Last edited:

cremes

I just did a forum search and found a massive thread on serrapeptase. There's one question and answer about balding/hair and it doesn't support your contention.

I see you started taking these enzymes (according to the last pages of that thread) within the last 2 months or so. Happy to hear they are working from you but they are hardly a "thread stopper" for this topic. Let us know if it grows any hair for you. :)

HeyThere

I just did a forum search and found a massive thread on serrapeptase. There's one question and answer about balding/hair and it doesn't support your contention.

I see you started taking these enzymes (according to the last pages of that thread) within the last 2 months or so. Happy to hear they are working from you but they are hardly a "thread stopper" for this topic. Let us know if it grows any hair for you. :)

"Reversing Fibrosis and Calcification in the Scalp?"
"I'm sure that fibrosis and calcification is causing my quick hairloss"
"So how we can we fix/reverse fibrosis and calcification in the scalp?"
"I've tried it and it may have helped a little but not sure. But what about fibrosis? That seems even more difficult to solve."

cremes

"Reversing Fibrosis and Calcification in the Scalp?"
"I'm sure that fibrosis and calcification is causing my quick hairloss"
"So how we can we fix/reverse fibrosis and calcification in the scalp?"
"I've tried it and it may have helped a little but not sure. But what about fibrosis? That seems even more difficult to solve."
Yea, those are the quotes. No silver bullet for hair loss, clearly. We need to keep looking.

HeyThere

Yea, those are the quotes. No silver bullet for hair loss, clearly. We need to keep looking.

Do you even know what Fibrosis is? If this person has reason to think their scalp is suffering from fibrosis, then Serrapeptase is what needs to be seriously tried. Why am I explaining this, ugh.

cremes

Do you even know what Fibrosis is? If this person has reason to think their scalp is suffering from fibrosis, then Serrapeptase is what needs to be seriously tried. Why am I explaining this, ugh.
Ugh is right.

Search this forum. No one has posted that serrapeptase has solved their hair issues. NO ONE. Acting like this is an obvious cure is nonsensical on your part.

Has it worked for you assuming you have fibrosis in your scalp tissues? If so, tell us. You'll be the first.

cremes

You know, I apologize to @helpmyhair for derailing his thread with my argument with @HeyThere. OP says this:

I'm sure that fibrosis and calcification is causing my quick hairloss

If that's correct, then serrapeptase or one of the other enzymes (bromelain, etc) would reverse that fibrosis. It's unlikely that fibrosis is causing your hairloss because you are not a unique snowflake in all of the world and someone else who suspects fibrosis as the cause of their balding has already tried serrapeptase and all of the other enzymes. If it worked, that someone would have mentioned it by now.

Good luck with your journey to figure this out.

HeyThere

Ugh is right.

Search this forum. No one has posted that serrapeptase has solved their hair issues. NO ONE. Acting like this is an obvious cure is nonsensical on your part.

Has it worked for you assuming you have fibrosis in your scalp tissues? If so, tell us. You'll be the first.

Instead of telling the person they are wrong about their own scalp (if we want that we'll go to the cabal known as the doctor. they're great as gaslighting and knowing your body way better than you know your own!) I opted to answer their specific question.

I don't have scalp issues, but i saw this headline with the word FIBROSIS so I directly answered the question, esp since i am taking Serrapeptin myself right now for FIBRIN issues.

I think you need a nap.

jondoeuk

Androgenetic alopecia? If so, fibrosis can develop concurrently with it. Some papers show that close to 40% of suffers have significant fibrosis surrounding thinning hair follicles (perifollicular fibrosis), among other physiological responses. Others, include inflammation, with increased prostaglandins observed, particularly prostaglandin D2 https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/scitranslmed.3003122

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals