Scalp Calcification

Mossy

By what means does blood get to the top of your chrome dome? By arteries and then dispersion from there thru smaller capillaries blah blah blah. Something or some evil force has blocked the artery or the smaller streams. This is not hard.

So, why haven't any of you smart scientists come up with an easy way to measure/diagnose/see how much blood is flowing up into and out of our bone dry domes versus a person with a vast bushy tangle of hairy fibers.

I mean really. How hard could it be. I would like HD video, maybe some colorful pulsating throbbing seismographometer magic whatever.

When all my arteries were blocked they ran a video up my leg deep into my heart and there you go. I am merely talking about the blood vessels at the surface at the temple and North.

I am sending instructions to all employers on the earth to freeze the pay of all scientists and engineers until such time as they quit loafing around and produce instruments to measure the issue and ream out the blockages. This hair fetish subject is really boring.
I seem to have lost my GAF Secret Decoder Ring, so I'm having a little trouble deciphering your comment.

Honestly, I don't quite get what you're trying to say. I'm just a common Joe/layman(lame man) attempting to keep hair on my noggin. My comment was not to refute yours, just sharing that if "blood flow" was the objective, dermarolling will literally get the blood flowing. What that does in the whole scheme of hair growth, I don't know; but, I do know that it most definitely gets the blood flowing, invigorates my scalp, and appeases my conscience by my effort to do something to regrow hair/combat hair-loss.

GAF

I am just being fussy. My only point is that making your head drip blood out does not address the problem of whatever has blocked the blood from being there in the first place. It seems to me that we keep trying to stimulate flow in a dry river bed instead of removing the dam upstream.

Mossy

I am just being fussy. My only point is that making your head drip blood out does not address the problem of whatever has blocked the blood from being there in the first place. It seems to me that we keep trying to stimulate flow in a dry river bed instead of removing the dam upstream.
No worries. I think your point has some validity to it. When I saw your first comment with the soil analogy, I had assumed you were familiar with and maybe referring to swissTemple's routine, which uses wounding/dermarolling the scalp equivalent to tilling the soil -- but, as you say, not as the whole solution.

Luckytype

It seems to me that we keep trying to stimulate flow in a dry river bed instead of removing the dam upstream.

And as someone who has improved hairline but continues to hormonally shed I agree with this completely.

The unfortunate reality that alot of people may not want to accept is in some cases you can have adequate bloodflow (as i do) to the scalp and the body still have have reasons that leads to it eliminating hair growth.

I dont think people realize that squishy and fibery scalps arent healthy. Its not like calcified means its going to turn to bone or like callouses on hands. The reality is that the ideal scalp health likely resembles the scalp properties of young women with no metabolic issue. Stick a knuckle firmly l into your "soft" scalp and then find a woman and do the same with your sister or even mother - two completely different feelings.

GAF

Is it true that:

1) "no" blood flow, "no" hair

And,

2) "good" blood flow with problematic hair follicle killing ingredients = "no hair

It seems to me that, if 1) and 2) are both possible, then Step One is to determine which problem a person has.

Luckytype

Is it true that:

1) "no" blood flow, "no" hair

And,

2) "good" blood flow with problematic hair follicle killing ingredients = "no hair

It seems to me that, if 1) and 2) are both possible, then Step One is to determine which problem a person has.
Obviously, yep. I think what a lot dont want to realize is that even ultra low grade stress chronically or any sort of homeostatic dysregulation can cause a very slow change in the scalp.

Nobody really wants to admit that the horseshoe shape of much of hairloss is because of gravity(stand up with a blanket over your head and tell me more tension isnt over the non supported part on your head) and the fact hat BUT its obviously not gravity that causes the change in scalp - its just the most vulnerable because of the predisposition to tension and the binding to the galea.

As a separate data point there are dudes out there with normal androgens, metabolisms and normal stress responses to "all things life" AND tight scalps that dont have hairloss.

People alllllso dont want to realize that just maybe its not that "hair genetics" that are the reasons they, their dads, uncles, brothers lost their hair but that the stress genetics and reactions and the metabolic dysfunctions that leave them open to environmental borne problems(actual stress, shitty diet, crappy lifestyle) are the inhereted reasons many men(again with different stress mediation responses) lose their hair.

Luckytype

Slowly losing volume, a majority of hair is full thickness strands. When my body first quit on me, i lost a metric fvckton, probably a shock loss of sorts. Then it grew back but i was too stupid to eliminate the the gym yet so it kept shedding.

I have low t3/4 and high prolactin. Working on lowering the latter. I would also assume that while i dont have a trace of gyno that my estro is probably elevated too. I beat the ***t out of mysef and neglected myself for quite a while

Luckytype

I should add even the sides of my head arent what they used to be. Initially i even had some eyebrow thinning and a period where i had eyelashes considerably more noticable. My arm and leg hair even grew slow, my short kept finger nails were brittle and shitty along with a ton of fog and fatigue. So whatever i did, definitely affected more initially than just my hair

dq139

For what its worth im 26 with mostly thick head of hair but have been receding since 22 and i notice im prone to stress and whenever im stressed I get a very tight weird adrenaline rush in my scalp. It literally feels like my scalp is being squeezed. When I take alot of magnesium it helps relieve it....in my case maybe its high blood pressure that calcifies arteries...who knows tho

Sheik

By what means does blood get to the top of your chrome dome? By arteries and then dispersion from there thru smaller capillaries blah blah blah. Something or some evil force has blocked the artery or the smaller streams. This is not hard.

So, why haven't any of you smart scientists come up with an easy way to measure/diagnose/see how much blood is flowing up into and out of our bone dry domes versus a person with a vast bushy tangle of hairy fibers.

I mean really. How hard could it be. I would like HD video, maybe some colorful pulsating throbbing seismographometer magic whatever.

When all my arteries were blocked they ran a video up my leg deep into my heart and there you go. I am merely talking about the blood vessels at the surface at the temple and North.

I am sending instructions to all employers on the earth to freeze the pay of all scientists and engineers until such time as they quit loafing around and produce instruments to measure the issue and ream out the blockages. This hair fetish subject is really boring.
Off topic, but were you able to reverse atherosclerosis, and did you get imaging to confirm it?

eddiem991

I'm thinking that mpb is just stress. Any type of early aging is caused by sometype of stress. The horseshoe shape is probably caused by high blood pressure and the smaller arteries at the hairline get calcified 1st. Unless u find the cause of the stress or high blood pressure idk if u can stop it.

THIS

Mauritio

i used and am using tom hagertys scalp exercises which is actually another (more convinent) why of getting blood to your scalp. i have regrown hundreds of hairs . unfortunelty shedding of olf hair continues and it takes a while to be replaced by new hair because they have to go through all those cycles until they are really thick and strong ...

mr_mercer

I want to report great success with scalp pinching. "Massage" isn't the right word. It took two and half years of pinching, which I will continue probably forever. I'd had maybe 2cm of hairline recession in a classic M shaped Norwood pattern. I never had a problem with diffuse thinning at all; entirely a matter of hairline recession.

After I finally noticed the recession I found some online discussions of the "massage" techniques. I discovered much to my surprise that much of my scalp was stiff and fibrotic. On sections of it I could only successfully pinch it with both of my palms and great force. This phase was painful, and would produce some scab like material that flaked off in the following days. There were also some inflamed and fluid filled vesicles deep in the scalp, like a pimples. Sometimes I'd have to down a drink or two and psych myself up before doing the pinching. In some areas pushing down hard into fibrotic tissue with a beer bottle or glass and temporarily deforming a depression was the best I could do. After some months I could use my fingers on both hands to pinch smaller parts, with less force than both palms. Eventually I could pinch the whole scalp with finger and thumb on one hand. This took over a year. Had I not begun the pinching routine I am sure I would have a growing bald spot in the back, as I had found very stiff tissue on the back of my head, where there was not yet any thinning.

The fibrotic skin I found perfectly matched the pictures you see of the galea, and of complete male pattern baldness. I also had to pinch a stiff v-shaped area in my forehead (well below the hairline), exactly as depicted in anatomy pictures:
H7SwnLE.jpg

I think I saw mention of routines of 15 minutes twice a day. I never did that. In spare private moments I would regularly reach up and pinch the scalp. I have a private personal office at work and am alone in it for long stretches. I would reach up every other hour for a minute or so. I also did this "a minute here and there" routine at home and on travel. I have no comment on what routine is optimal, but I personally doubt that most people have the dedication to succeed with this approach, and will wait for a pill. The process is unpleasant, and at first painful.

I saw on the jd moyer site a claim of "cradle cap" from these pinching routines, where a waxy layer of dead skin material must be rubbed off. I didn't get that and instead huge chunks of dry skin would flake off. Probably genetic, like with waxy vs dry ear-wax. I'd call it dandruff in my case, but instead dime sized pieces of skin. There was also a lot of normal small piece dandruff as the scalp would heal from pinching. As the process was working I would feel compelled to take two showers a day and rub the scalp to avoid obvious dandruff on my clothing during business hours. Also, I would find waxy sebum on my fingers from the pinching sessions. I believe the "trapped sebum" idea. Pinching would squeeze it out.

I also did dermarolling once or twice a month. Got some chinese thingy off ebay for a couple dollars. But I never "rolled", rather I would grip the device and selectively push the pins into parts of a few especially stiff areas. It hurts. At first this would produce big chunks of dead skin to peel off in the following days. I don't need to do it anymore. I doubt any sort of dermarolling is strictly necessary if you're pinching, but I believe it can greatly accelerate the process.

I believe in the skull expansion theory, in my case. I have a somewhat angular head (think frankenstien's monster) and the especially stiff skin I found was on the sharp angles of my skull. I have a few calcified bumps on my skull from childhood encounters with concrete and other hard ground. The skin surrounding these bumps was especially stiff. I believe the bumps and ridges of my skull have grown as I have aged. It was in these areas under the galea that became fibrotic.

I do not particularly believe a stress or nutrition model would ever have been useful to me in this scalp health area. I believe my diet has mostly been fine, and the stress I've had to deal with has been essentially irreducible in any practical way. I'm not about to join a monastery or live like a pauper just to keep a full head of hair, so those ideas are useless. I make a good living, it's stressful, but the alternative is certainly way more stressful.

I get the impression that my situation is not like a lot of men who seem to be balding in their 20s, though. I am in my mid-30s and I think my case is different; I think another decade of androgen exposure has grown my skull and its ridges.

I also think getting the scalp engorged with blood regularly is a good idea. I suppose hanging upside down would work, but I just use a sauna on high heat. In the summer think working up a good sweat outdoors gets the job done.

Mauritio

I want to report great success with scalp pinching. "Massage" isn't the right word. It took two and half years of pinching, which I will continue probably forever. I'd had maybe 2cm of hairline recession in a classic M shaped Norwood pattern. I never had a problem with diffuse thinning at all; entirely a matter of hairline recession.

After I finally noticed the recession I found some online discussions of the "massage" techniques. I discovered much to my surprise that much of my scalp was stiff and fibrotic. On sections of it I could only successfully pinch it with both of my palms and great force. This phase was painful, and would produce some scab like material that flaked off in the following days. There were also some inflamed and fluid filled vesicles deep in the scalp, like a pimples. Sometimes I'd have to down a drink or two and psych myself up before doing the pinching. In some areas pushing down hard into fibrotic tissue with a beer bottle or glass and temporarily deforming a depression was the best I could do. After some months I could use my fingers on both hands to pinch smaller parts, with less force than both palms. Eventually I could pinch the whole scalp with finger and thumb on one hand. This took over a year. Had I not begun the pinching routine I am sure I would have a growing bald spot in the back, as I had found very stiff tissue on the back of my head, where there was not yet any thinning.

The fibrotic skin I found perfectly matched the pictures you see of the galea, and of complete male pattern baldness. I also had to pinch a stiff v-shaped area in my forehead (well below the hairline), exactly as depicted in anatomy pictures:
H7SwnLE.jpg

I think I saw mention of routines of 15 minutes twice a day. I never did that. In spare private moments I would regularly reach up and pinch the scalp. I have a private personal office at work and am alone in it for long stretches. I would reach up every other hour for a minute or so. I also did this "a minute here and there" routine at home and on travel. I have no comment on what routine is optimal, but I personally doubt that most people have the dedication to succeed with this approach, and will wait for a pill. The process is unpleasant, and at first painful.

I saw on the jd moyer site a claim of "cradle cap" from these pinching routines, where a waxy layer of dead skin material must be rubbed off. I didn't get that and instead huge chunks of dry skin would flake off. Probably genetic, like with waxy vs dry ear-wax. I'd call it dandruff in my case, but instead dime sized pieces of skin. There was also a lot of normal small piece dandruff as the scalp would heal from pinching. As the process was working I would feel compelled to take two showers a day and rub the scalp to avoid obvious dandruff on my clothing during business hours. Also, I would find waxy sebum on my fingers from the pinching sessions. I believe the "trapped sebum" idea. Pinching would squeeze it out.

I also did dermarolling once or twice a month. Got some chinese thingy off ebay for a couple dollars. But I never "rolled", rather I would grip the device and selectively push the pins into parts of a few especially stiff areas. It hurts. At first this would produce big chunks of dead skin to peel off in the following days. I don't need to do it anymore. I doubt any sort of dermarolling is strictly necessary if you're pinching, but I believe it can greatly accelerate the process.

I believe in the skull expansion theory, in my case. I have a somewhat angular head (think frankenstien's monster) and the especially stiff skin I found was on the sharp angles of my skull. I have a few calcified bumps on my skull from childhood encounters with concrete and other hard ground. The skin surrounding these bumps was especially stiff. I believe the bumps and ridges of my skull have grown as I have aged. It was in these areas under the galea that became fibrotic.

I do not particularly believe a stress or nutrition model would ever have been useful to me in this scalp health area. I believe my diet has mostly been fine, and the stress I've had to deal with has been essentially irreducible in any practical way. I'm not about to join a monastery or live like a pauper just to keep a full head of hair, so those ideas are useless. I make a good living, it's stressful, but the alternative is certainly way more stressful.

I get the impression that my situation is not like a lot of men who seem to be balding in their 20s, though. I am in my mid-30s and I think my case is different; I think another decade of androgen exposure has grown my skull and its ridges.

I also think getting the scalp engorged with blood regularly is a good idea. I suppose hanging upside down would work, but I just use a sauna on high heat. In the summer think working up a good sweat outdoors gets the job done.

great to hear someone else having success . seems like it all comes down to increased blood flow and decreased calcification /fibrosis ... i also heard about pinching but at that time was already doing tom hagertys scalp exercises which is an alternating contraction of the frontalis muscle (at the front) and the occipitalis muscle (at the back) this is increses blood flow like 20x ... so its essentially kind of a scalp massage without your hands..
it took me 8 months to see the first little ****er though ! ;D how long did it take for you ?

LCohen

Vitamin K2 > Shuttles calcium from your blood to your bones. Without K2, calcium will be gathered on scalp/tissues.
Magnesium > We all know and love magnesium. A natural calcium blocker. Just like K2, Magnesium displaces calcium from the tissues.
Cyproheptadine > Again. It reverses soft tissue calcification. Needless to say it's also anti-stress.
Vitamin C > Keeps the blood vessels strong, also clears the inner walls of fat deposits.

Any other ?

dq139

Vitamin K2 > Shuttles calcium from your blood to your bones. Without K2, calcium will be gathered on scalp/tissues.
Magnesium > We all know and love magnesium. A natural calcium blocker. Just like K2, Magnesium displaces calcium from the tissues.
Cyproheptadine > Again. It reverses soft tissue calcification. Needless to say it's also anti-stress.
Vitamin C > Keeps the blood vessels strong, also clears the inner walls of fat deposits.

Any other ?

So u feel that calcification is the primary reason for balding?...I always felt like it was the end result atleast.

BrianF

Any other ?

I would not underestimate the importance of A and D3 as they work in synergy with K2 & magnesium to shuttle calcium to the bones and away from the tissue. Also A especially, is anti-estrogenic and is vitally important to regulating sebum production.

BrianF

So u feel that calcification is the primary reason for balding?...I always felt like it was the end result atleast.

The calcification is the main mechanism for restricting the blood flow to the scalp and is probably the biggest factor in MPB, but primarily, serotonin, estrogen and prolactin all contribute to the calcification process, downstream.

That's as I understand it.

dq139

The calcification is the main mechanism for restricting the blood flow to the scalp and is probably the biggest factor in MPB, but primarily, serotonin, estrogen and prolactin all contribute to the calcification process, downstream.

That's as I understand it.

What is a natural supplement that can block seratonin?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals