Skull of balding Men was discovered to be calcified!

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

If there are only a few foramens that dump blood from the scalp through the skull, then get some imaging done to verify a restriction of flow. If restricted, have surgery to open them up a bit.
Well i read three arteries are responsible for blood flow to the scalp but i am not 100% sure. There is so much to leaen

ChemHead

Well i read three arteries are responsible for blood flow to the scalp but i am not 100% sure. There is so much to leaen
It's not just about blood flow to the scalp, it's also about blood flow out of the scalp. If the blood that leads to the scalp can't eventually escape and drain out of the scalp, then there won't be a continuous flow of fresh blood. Have to have a clear circuit.

johnwester130

hairlosstalk is full of people who regrew hair taking spironolactone

Spironolactone works by blocking cortisol and aldosterone. As a coincidence, it stops testosterone and DHT

What if it only regrew hair by the blocking of cortisol/aldosterone?

There's only one study showing that eplerenone may regrow hair

aliml

Calcification is also promoted by prostaglandin D2 (PGD2) and transforming growth factor beta subtypes (TGF-β1 and TGF-β2).

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Calcification is also promoted by prostaglandin D2 (PGD2) and transforming growth factor beta subtypes (TGF-β1 and TGF-β2).

Any of you guys know why he says baldness was most prominent in people with “luxuriant crop of hair” in the original link i shared. Why would he say baldness was the most prominent in people with lots of hair?

RealNeat

Lol it would need to be controlled. But lets seriously ask ourselves how much does this this observation have. We need more info before we say its impossible to stop the cause. We obviously can side step with androgens but the cause of what causes the androgens to rise in local tissue is yet to be elucidated and if its because these foramens get pinched then ****
I hate to repeat myself but using other substances (like boron, selenium, magnesium and/ or iodine) to displace fluoride would have at least some "de-calsifying" effect on bone. The bone will become more durable and regain its ability to be somewhat bendable as opposed to calcified and prone to fracture.

Most people in the US megadose fluoride. I wonder if people with fluorosis have more baldness?

Last edited:
OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

I hate to repeat myself but using other substances (like boron, magnesium and/ or iodine) to displace fluoride would have at least some "de-calsifying" effect on bone. The bone will become more durable and regain its ability to be somewhat bendable as opposed to calcified and prone to fracture.

Most people in the US megadose fluoride. I wonder if people with fluorosis have more baldness?
Are u saying people have too much fluroide cause in 1917 when this observation was made Fluoride was not that common in peoples system

RealNeat

Are u saying people have too much fluroide cause in 1917 when this observation was made Fluoride was not that common in peoples system
I'm sure there was also less hair loss

Howard Field CHAPPELL, of New York: "Manufacture of hydrofluoric acid from silicon fluorid", US Patent 1,244,032; filed April 17, 1917; pat. Oct. 23, 1917

Robert M. CATLIN, assignor to Catlin Shale Products Company, of Wilmington Del.: "Process of making hydrogen fluorid", US Patent 1,293,703; filed June 9, 1917; pat. Feb. 11, 1919

"Hydrogen fluoride is used to make refrigerants, herbicides, pharmaceuticals, high-octane gasoline, aluminum, plastics, electrical components, and fluorescent light bulbs. Sixty percent of the hydrogenfluoride used in manufacturing is for processes to make refrigerants. Hydrogen fluoride is also used for etching glass and metal." - CDC​

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

I'm sure there was also less hair loss
True but these guys were bald. I am not saying you are false or wrong. Its something to consider. I want verification of this observation. I am gonna try to see who deals with dead bodies and donations of skulls and if we can get 30 data points of peoples foramens and balding status before their death

RealNeat

True but these guys were bald. I am not saying you are false or wrong. Its something to consider. I want verification of this observation. I am gonna try to see who deals with dead bodies and donations of skulls and if we can get 30 data points of peoples foramens and balding status before their death
I'm not saying it's the only factor but besides what has already been mentioned here with hormones it's another verified way of calcification that can be reversed.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

I'm not saying it's the only factor but besides what has already been mentioned here with hormones it's another verified way of calcification that can be reversed.
Ive read reports of people reversing calcification in their veins or arteries. But no one regrowing hair. If this is the only issue. I would assume perhaps all they need to do is microneedle and bam the growth is back.

RealNeat

Ive read reports of people reversing calcification in their veins or arteries. But no one regrowing hair. If this is the only issue. I would assume perhaps all they need to do is microneedle and bam the growth is back.
I think people focus on reversing calcification in soft tissues and there is some overlap of substances for bone but unless an emphasis is put on it (reversing bone calcification) I don't think it will be as effective.