Homeless Guys Have Tons Of Hair

lampofred

And the fakeness that is rampant.

I am going to get a ton of hate for this but I think this might be a major reason why homeless people have good hair... I think fakeness might be associated with balding. It is a powerful chronic stressor. N=1 I was losing hair a few years ago and I was a lot faker back then than I am now. I don't lose hair anymore and my personality is a lot steadier, I don't change who I am according to the situation. I am just myself. I think it's related to a higher testosterone to cortisol ratio. But obviously this is not practical all the time, if you have an authoritarian boss for example.

Don't mean to offend anyone. Don't mean to be hypocritical either, since I still have long way to go before I am 100% "real".

Last edited:
Obviously there are no studies on why homeless people have nice hairlines.

The thing to understand is that these people are at the very bottom of the hierarchy. They have basement T levels and dopamine levels. Especially given meth’s destruction of dopamine receptors. Just because they have a lot of hair doesn’t mean they have anything else you’d want in life.
I don't think they are at the very bottom of the hierarchy, in fact, I believe that they are outisde the hierarch. They realized how useless the rat race is. As @morgan#1 said, this isn't encouragement to become a homeless person, since, although they have way less stress than the average overworked rat, they still are far from being very satisfied with life. It's just that there is something important that we can extract from observing how and why homeless people behave the way they do.

I am going to get a ton of hate for this but I think this might be a major reason why homeless people have good hair... I think fakeness might be associated with balding. It is a powerful chronic stressor. N=1 I was losing hair a few years ago and I was a lot faker back then than I am now. I don't lose hair anymore and my personality is a lot steadier, I don't change who I am according to the situation. I am just myself. I think it's related to a higher testosterone to cortisol ratio. But obviously this is not practical all the time, if you have an authoritarian boss for example.

Don't mean to offend anyone. Don't mean to be hypocritical either, since I still have long way to go before I am 100% "real".
Not gonna get hate from me, I also think that's a very big factor. Even before I was into health, adjusting my personality to fit a certain situation always felt harmful and unhealthy, and it's something I would always regret afterwards. It probably increases serotonin a lot if one keeps doing it over and over.

Tarmander

I don't think they are at the very bottom of the hierarchy, in fact, I believe that they are outisde the hierarch. They realized how useless the rat race is. As @morgan#1 said, this isn't encouragement to become a homeless person, since, although they have way less stress than the average overworked rat, they still are far from being very satisfied with life. It's just that there is something important that we can extract from observing how and why homeless people behave the way they do.
I think it’s romantic to think that they are outside the heirarchy. I’m sure some do believe that and have other spiritual beliefs about detachment and such. But any way you look at it, they have no access to the highest quality people physically, mentally, or morally. They have no access to the best materially or really even spiritually because of the drug angle. They cannot maintain any kind of healthy boundaries in their relationships because they have very little they can sacrifice that they have not already spent. I know it’s tempting to see their hairline and think the best but it’s rough down there.

morgan#1

I think it’s romantic to think that they are outside the heirarchy. I’m sure some do believe that and have other spiritual beliefs about detachment and such. But any way you look at it, they have no access to the highest quality people physically, mentally, or morally. They have no access to the best materially or really even spiritually because of the drug angle. They cannot maintain any kind of healthy boundaries in their relationships because they have very little they can sacrifice that they have not already spent. I know it’s tempting to see their hairline and think the best but it’s rough down there.
My sister is a nurse practitioner and she worked for Heathcare for the Homeless. The people she saw had close knit relationships with each other. And they are well looked after, she goes in a van and delivers blankets to them if they won’t come inside. And they seem to be outside of the hierarchy. Basically they could give two s hits about that. And my mother was a detox coordinator, and whenever she’d go past a street down by the hospital where homeless people liked to congregate they said “Oh hi Jane!” I don’t know if you have a different experience, but that’s mine. And they get “pedicures “ too. Sister handles their gout and overgrown toenails.

It’s not all peaches and roses, but it sure ain’t what you’re picturing. There are definitely drugs that are rampant, and it’s a sad life though.

Last edited:

Tarmander

My sister is a nurse practitioner and she worked for Heathcare for the Homeless. The people she saw had close knit relationships with each other. And they are well looked after, she goes in a van and delivers blankets to them if they won’t come inside. And they seem to be outside of the hierarchy. Basically they could give two s hits about that. And my mother was a detox coordinator, and whenever she’d go past a street down by the hospital where homeless people liked to congregate they said “Oh hi Jane!” I don’t know if you have a different experience, but that’s mine. And they get “pedicures “ too. Sister handles their gout and overgrown toenails.
I think this is great. I mean I love the giving and helping, but none of this raises dopamine in the homeless. None of this gives meaning. Dopamine levels are rock bottom and serotonin is high. Being a charity case is definition serotonin

morgan#1

I think this is great. I mean I love the giving and helping, but none of this raises dopamine in the homeless. None of this gives meaning. Dopamine levels are rock bottom and serotonin is high. Being a charity case is definition serotonin
Ok tarmander, you win

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Tarmander
Being outdoors in natural sunlight light makes sense to me. I’m speculating but when you observe many animals in nature their fur changes with the seasons. Humans do not have much body hair but it would make sense that retaining an ample amount of head hair could be a primitive response to living outdoors. I wonder if it could also be the lack of constant controlled climate that signals the body to retain hair for warmth.

OP
P

Pufa

@Tarmander
Being outdoors in natural sunlight light makes sense to me. I’m speculating but when you observe many animals in nature their fur changes with the seasons. Humans do not have much body hair but it would make sense that retaining an ample amount of head hair could be a primitive response to living outdoors. I wonder if it could also be the lack of constant controlled climate that signals the body to retain hair for warmth.

That's interesting.. could be a reason why theres seems to he no mpb in older aborigines. If you google photos of them you'll notice really old men still have thick hair and nobody is bald.

School and working to help a company that you hate grow also gives no meaning. The difference is that those who are out of this artificial cycle are less stressed enough to even maintain their hair. Rebelling against something that is harming you is one of the most dopaminergic things you can do, in my experience. Being subjected to abusive bosses and teachers is waaay more serotonergic than living on the street.

revenant

Wow. The theories in this thread are pretty out there. Sounds like all those homeless people are really living the dream!

On a serious note, I would bet it has a lot to do with alcohol. Here in Finland, all the drunks, whether they're truly on the streets (which is rare) or living in some kind of a homeless shelter have pretty good hair. And all they do is get drunk. Possibly it's the estrogen (though if Ray Peat and Danny Roddy are right then this should be bad for hair, right?), possibly something else.

Wow. The theories in this thread are pretty out there. Sounds like all those homeless people are really living the dream!

On a serious note, I would bet it has a lot to do with alcohol. Here in Finland, all the drunks, whether they're truly on the streets (which is rare) or living in some kind of a homeless shelter have pretty good hair. And all they do is get drunk. Possibly it's the estrogen (though if Ray Peat and Danny Roddy are right then this should be bad for hair, right?), possibly something else.
That doesn't go against many theories put forth in this thread.Living in a homeless shelter is still less stressful than the average overworked person.

Lol I wouldn't say they are living the dream, they're doing better in certain areas, although many aspects of their life still suck.

Alcohol raises GABA, which is very relaxing. Also, alcohol makes people not think too much before saying things, so there is less rumination in that sense, and likely less fakeness, which may play a role, as has been suggested by other forum members.

Goobz

Most people in the UK are homeless because of the gaps in the welfare system, divorce leading to job loss and loosing their home. Many of course are in the drug culture which appears inescapable - a downward spiral. I think they are definitely stressed.
Hair? Well it might be a bodily reaction to being in the cold?

I think you could well be right.

It could be even simpler - they don’t get hair cuts, so they appear to be even hairier than they actually are.

Last edited:

morgan#1

Possibly we should be looking at the ramifications of society littered with drugs and alcohol. I know a formerly homeless person through my mother. And he’s become a good friend. And he’s clean, nobody in their right mind wants to be homeless. He got an assisted living, being clean, and he is so proud of his place. It gives him a lot of dignity. Standing on your own. Nobody (I don’t think) wants to be a charity case. He also volunteers at the animal shelter.

And possibly drugs and alcohol are a coping mechanism for a life filled with no meaning. Everyone it seems gets their “substance” after a stressful day. You see people after work carrying their 6 pack to take home. Just the average joe. And then it becomes a little too much, alcoholism is common, and it does mess with your brain completely.
Formerly Homeless Man With 'Golden Voice' Back On The Airwaves

This guy has hair for two!

Last edited:

GorillaHead

Low PUFA intake. Good gut health because of calorie restriction in general. Limited exposure to screens/blue light. No exposure to birth control/copper/SSRI found in the water supply. Involuntary NoFap.

This and probably the gene associated with no male pattern baldness may be associated with less likely to succeed?

K

Kratos

they've come to the acceptance that life can't get worse than where they are at that point and their stress levels go away.

Lizb

I think you could well be right.

It could be even simpler - they don’t get hair cuts, so they appear to be even hairier than they actually are.
Yes I agree. There are videos on YouTube where the homeless get hair cuts on the streets by volunteers and they look pretty similar to the rest of the population.

boxers

Lots of homeless people are balding.. just google it.

Attachments

• shutterstock_1118269664.jpg
    shutterstock_1118269664.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 55
  • d72e409daeb943f985615ab9f4b1dbc7.jpg
    d72e409daeb943f985615ab9f4b1dbc7.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 1a57d519-22a0-4e46-9194-316f2318cea2-DSC_3181.jpg
    1a57d519-22a0-4e46-9194-316f2318cea2-DSC_3181.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 47
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals