Homeless Guys Have Tons Of Hair

Nebula

As Rome collapsed this process was called "suburbium". People decided the taxes and job stress weren't worth it, left the cities, and grew their own food.
I see a lot of that sentiment going on right now. Lots of people I know including myself have a goal of homesteading and doing remote work for income. A lot of people crave a more village like pastoral lifestyle more integrated into the rhythms and aesthetics of nature. Maybe a lot less efficient, but also much less stressful.

Last edited:

jzeno

The most obvious difference in lifestyles is stress level and maybe some more "natural" elements of the lifestyle. Ie, sleeping outdoors, not being so anal about cleanliness (allowing the body to build up stronger defenses), and generally being around less tech (phones, tvs, antennas, and other things that conduct electricity or emit waves).

OP
P

Pufa

The most obvious difference in lifestyles is stress level and maybe some more "natural" elements of the lifestyle. Ie, sleeping outdoors, not being so anal about cleanliness (allowing the body to build up stronger defenses), and generally being around less tech (phones, tvs, antennas, and other things that conduct electricity or emit waves).

Good points... I still remember without question the most stress free time in my adult life was the 2 months I was unemployed in between jobs.
I was always out at the park completely relaxed

morgan#1

Possibly it has to do with being out of society, no social pressures. No p’s and q’s. Those people are real. (Not an insult) No small talk there.
Getting up to the alarm is stressful too.

boxers

Possibly it has to do with being out of society, no social pressures. No p’s and q’s. Those people are real. (Not an insult) No small talk there.
Getting up to the alarm is stressful too.
You make it sound like homeless people are these healthy tribal people living in the wilderness..
.this thread is beyond stupid

morgan#1

You make it sound like homeless people are these healthy tribal people living in the wilderness..
Oh brother. Did I say that...”homeless people are these healthy tribal people living in the wilderness..” if I meant to say that, I would have. I was talking about society and how stressful it is to exist in society. Get it

boxers

Oh brother. Did I say that...”homeless people are these healthy tribal people living in the wilderness..” if I meant to say that, I would have.

Clueless?
Go be homeless then

Last edited:

morgan#1

Doesn’t matter. I was trying to put forth my ideas, didn’t know how bothersome it would be for you.

Herbie

Drove past 3 homeless people this morning. No sign of receding hair at all

morgan#1

If you look closer at this, it has a lot of value. It’s stressful being in society. Nobody wants to be homeless, nobody is saying that. The repercussions of a stressful life is what I’ve gleaned from this thread.

boxers

If you look closer at this, it has a lot of value. It’s stressful being in society. Nobody wants to be homeless, nobody is saying that. The repercussions of a stressful life is what I’ve gleaned from this thread.

You have a point in that regard. Sorry

Tarmander

I mentioned this is another hair loss thread. The stress explanations are weak.

Probably almost entirely due to massive amounts of sunlight and low T levels.

morgan#1

I mentioned this is another hair loss thread. The stress explanations are weak.

Probably almost entirely due to massive amounts of sunlight and low T levels.
For me, I’ll stand by “It’s stressful being in society.” Maybe it isn’t pertinent to this thread, Lol

morgan#1

For me, I’ll stand by “It’s stressful being in society.” Maybe it isn’t pertinent to this thread, Lol
Actually, i think it’s plausible that they have Goldilocks because of lack of stress and freedom from social constructs. I don’t really buy the ample sunlight and low T. Of course if you had studies, I would bow out to them.

Last edited:

Tarmander

Actually, i think it’s plausible that they have Goldilocks because of lack of stress and freedom from social constructs. I don’t really buy the ample sunlight and low T. Of course if you had studies, I would bow out to them.
Obviously there are no studies on why homeless people have nice hairlines.

The thing to understand is that these people are at the very bottom of the hierarchy. They have basement T levels and dopamine levels. Especially given meth’s destruction of dopamine receptors. Just because they have a lot of hair doesn’t mean they have anything else you’d want in life.

morgan#1

I don’t think ALL homeless people are drug addicts. I think the freedom that they have because their outside of the system is more prevalent to their mind and body. I believe you’re right in what you are saying, but I think the societal rope is more detrimental. I hope I am never homeless, this is a strange conversation.

Let’s just leave it at your thinking one way and my thinking another way. Society takes our humaneness away. Many suicides are taking place like never before. And the fakeness that is rampant. School shootings, anger, people feeling worthless, it’s not a dopamine low fix. There is a problem in society. Let’s just agree to disagree.

I think that if we don’t fix ourselves, then we’re never gonna fix society. Look at communism, they thought that if they created a perfect society, then everybody who lived in it would be right as rain. That didn’t happen. Because they never looked at themselves and their greed and their selfishness. I’d rather not discuss this, because it leads nowhere.

It's nothing to do with diet. The implicit assumption is that the homeless are under a lot of stress. It's the opposite. These are people who have figured out that not showing up for a job or paying bills is way less stressful than alternatives. They've also figured out it's trivial to mooch off various public services and idiots who give them money while panhandling.

I don't doubt for a second that many homeless have low stress profiles. It's because they don't have jobs and don't pay taxes. To me the interesting question is what happens when about a third of the American middle class figures this out. They're getting ripped off on one end by politically connected bankers and on the other by hordes of welfare mooches. At some point massive numbers of American middle class people decide enough is enough and quit their jobs and grow potatoes. The highlights I read of the Democrat debate yesterday are hilarious and make it clear to me what's coming. People will stop paying their taxes.

As Rome collapsed this process was called "suburbium". People decided the taxes and job stress weren't worth it, left the cities, and grew their own food.
That's what I thought as well.

Not having to get good grades in college or worry about having to work even more to feed your family or worrying about what your boss will think about the work you did yesterday is incredibly relaxing. I mean, this is how humans are supposed to feel all the time. Actually, homeless people aren't even as relaxed as they could be, since they probably fear about things. such as violence.

I feel like the internet has been used as a way for people to express their opinion and, by doing that, other people know that things that they have been thinking for a long time, such as the complete uselessness of school systems, the terrible environments of cities and the sadness that doing something meaningless brings, are, in fact, things that many, if not most, other people have been thinking too.

The governemnt is like beggars, but you don't have the option to say no. And they are rich, so while a beggar can likely live not too badly, a banker or a politician can live a great life while doing literally nothing to improve the well-being of the population, and actually doing just the opposite.

How awesome would that be! It would be very satisfying to see the faces of bureaucrats when they notice that they no longer are seeing any money go into their pockets.

I would love to grow my own food and have my own animals, but it seems buying land is getting more and more expensive, likely to deter people from doing that. If things keep going in this direction, there will be major dissatisfaction from the populace towards the government( in fact, there already is), and likely some major conflict will arise, after which, hopefully, there will be more freedom.

I only disagree that diet has no relation with this subject. Almost all homeless people that I've seen have bloated bellies, and their arms are usually thin, which indicates low metabolism, but even then, they are doing better than most middle class and rich people, which doesn't mean much, since the average person is so sick nowadays.