Has Anyone Truly Been Able To Raise Testosterone?

Broken man

I am trying to do this about 5 years but without success, I am now trying to get TRT through doctor.

milkboi

Please keep us updated over the next few weeks. After three weeks, I didn't like the results. It was a huge boost in the beginning but soon changed around week 3

Will do. Might start a thread on my experience with it. Also interested in a more detailed account of your experience. Cheers!

LLight

Water restriction could induce the upregulation of the CYP3A4 enzyme in the liver.
This enzyme seems to be able to convert cholesterols into oxysterols (25-hydroxycholesterol and 4β-hydroxycholesterol).

Moreover, these oxysterols are known to be ligands for the Liver X Receptor (LXR). What is interesting is that the LXR seems to be involved in testosterone synthesis in testis:
Liver X Receptor: A Cardinal Target for Atherosclerosis and Beyond

"Initially, this receptor was identified in tissue obtained from a rat liver, with no known endogenous ligands, and was named LXR. Later, LXR was termed an ‘adopted’ nuclear receptor with the discovery of oxysterols as endogenous ligands for this receptor."

"The cardinal functions of the testis are testosterone production and spermatogenesis. Leydig and Sertoli cells are testicular cells. Leydig cells secrete testosterone, while Sertoli cells provide structural and nutritional support for developing germ cells.

Furthermore, Leydig cells express LXRα, while Sertoli cells LXRβ, whereas germ cells express both LXRs. LXRα regulates basal testosterone synthesis and is involved in the control of germ cell apoptosis. In contrast, LXRβ controls lipid metabolism in Sertoli cells by regulating cholesterol export, as well as germ cell proliferation. Moreover, both LXRs together regulate ligand-induced steroidogenesis, fatty acid metabolism and, surprisingly, the retinoic acid signaling pathway in the testis."

"Moreover, both LXRs together regulate ligand-induced steroidogenesis, fatty acid metabolism and, surprisingly, the retinoic acid signaling pathway in the testis."
Another hypothetical reasoning:
  1. the enzyme CYP11A1, also called CYP450scc, is in charge of converting cholesterol: "P450scc is a mitochondrial enzyme that catalyzes conversion of cholesterol to pregnenolone. This is the first reaction in the process of steroidogenesis in all mammalian tissues that specialize in the production of various steroid hormones. " (wikipedia)
  2. It seems like the transcription factor NFAT5 could have a link with this enzyme, RNA-Seq analysis of high NaCl-induced gene expression:
    • "Categories of NFAT5 Target Genes Upregulated after Adaptation to High NaCl, but Not after as Little as 24 h of High NaCl.
    • Steroid hormones. Cyp11a1 protein localizes to the mitochondrial inner membrane and catalyzes the conversion of cholesterol to pregnenolone, the first and rate-limiting step in the synthesis of the steroid hormones."
  3. NFAT5 is upregulated during water restriction.

Completely theoretical but nonetheless.

ruprmurdoch

Exogenous testosterone caused way more problems than it fixed for me long term, and I tried everything -- cream, cyp, prop, enanthate, sustanon, testosterone monothearpy, testosterone + hcg, testosterone + ai, weekly injections, daily injections, keeping levels in the middle, at the top and above the range, etc. I spent three years on trt from the ages of 19 -> 22, and things just got worse the longer I was on it.

The problem with exogenous test is that it does nothing to address the underlying pathology which caused it to become low in the first place. I spent three years in the trt community, and as a whole, I've never seen a sicker group of people anywhere else online. The majority of people there still have fatigue, zero sex drive, erection issues, brain fog, estrogen dominance, etc.

Shutting down the upstream production of hormones like preg, prog and dhea whilst ramping up estrogen production just adds to the underlying problem imo. The heavy adrenal suppression from the long term use of potent androgens also becomes problematic, with many having to resort to the use of Prozac or other ssri's as a work around to stop their cortisol from dropping into truly deficient territory from chronic ACTH suppression.

The long term risk of HPTA-suppressive doses of testosterone just isn't worth it. I personally feel much better with 500 ng/dL and a working hpta vs the 800 - 1400 ng/dL I had during my time on injections and cream. Just my 2c.
maybe add progesteron to test ?

b555

Exogenous testosterone caused way more problems than it fixed for me long term, and I tried everything -- cream, cyp, prop, enanthate, sustanon, testosterone monothearpy, testosterone + hcg, testosterone + ai, weekly injections, daily injections, keeping levels in the middle, at the top and above the range, etc. I spent three years on trt from the ages of 19 -> 22, and things just got worse the longer I was on it.

The problem with exogenous test is that it does nothing to address the underlying pathology which caused it to become low in the first place. I spent three years in the trt community, and as a whole, I've never seen a sicker group of people anywhere else online. The majority of people there still have fatigue, zero sex drive, erection issues, brain fog, estrogen dominance, etc.

Shutting down the upstream production of hormones like preg, prog and dhea whilst ramping up estrogen production just adds to the underlying problem imo. The heavy adrenal suppression from the long term use of potent androgens also becomes problematic, with many having to resort to the use of Prozac or other ssri's as a work around to stop their cortisol from dropping into truly deficient territory from chronic ACTH suppression.

The long term risk of HPTA-suppressive doses of testosterone just isn't worth it. I personally feel much better with 500 ng/dL and a working hpta vs the 800 - 1400 ng/dL I had during my time on injections and cream. Just my 2c.

I have seen the opposite. Groups filed with thousands of men stating trt was the single greatest thing they have done to improve their health.

I personally have mixed experiences with trt, i had better luck with thyroid and adrenals

@Broco6679 what is your daily supplement diet like these days. Also what do you think of this?Deca Nandrolone As A Bio Identical Form Of Trt

Last edited:

Frankdee20

I believe things like zinc and magnesium and vitamin D will help T synthesis only if one is deficient and needs it. It won’t help beyond what your baseline ceiling of T synthesis already would be

Risingfire

Will do. Might start a thread on my experience with it. Also interested in a more detailed account of your experience. Cheers!
Sounds good. I felt incredible the first few days on it. Lots of energy and virility. Between the second and third week my pulse had increased and I didn't feel too hot. I shortly after stopped the scrotal test base administration. It's possible I started becoming suppressed and my body was going through that change

YourUniverse

I've had no T blood tests, so this post is purely theoretical. Sorry I cant offer something more concrete.

I think if vitamin D and thyroid are good enough, and T is still not responding, then the situation is beyond nutritional intervention. It may require lifestyle re-creation (lowering daily stress or doing more things you feel strongly about) and mental-emotional offloading (healing triggers or reminders of past failures).

EFT (emotional freedom technique) I think is an easy way to take care of the latter.

Eliminating basic worries, like financial, security, and belonging, can patch up holes if there are any in those areas.

Also, I wouldnt be too hard on yourself. I think any intervention will take time to see results.

Last edited:

GreekDemiGod

How much time are you spending around beautiful women? If little, you will always be low T.
My primal instincts just activate when I'm around such a woman, lust is triggered.
I'm automatically attracted to beautiful women

gaze

mine normalized starting at 350 to around 650. Coffee, avoiding whole grains, and daily carrot is what I attribute it to mainly. Also 5 or more cups of OJ per day for cholesterol production. For me it was an endotoxin/serotonin problem blocking my hormones.

ruprmurdoch

Anyone tried topical thyroid on the testes / penis?
some guys try nettle on **** directly, it is know way to improve your erection or even increase size-it's not a joke. nettle decrease aromatization so lower estradiol, and decrease 5alpha reductase so decrease dht and at the same time lower shbg- so it' is increasing free testosterone.

b555

Do you believe for those on TRT need to supplement with DHEA, preg prog?

Broco6679

I have seen the opposite. Groups filed with thousands of men stating trt was the single greatest thing they have done to improve their health.

I personally have mixed experiences with trt, i had better luck with thyroid and adrenals

@Broco6679 what is your daily supplement diet like these days. Also what do you think of this?Deca Nandrolone As A Bio Identical Form Of Trt

I don't mean to imply that nobody does well on testosterone, because obviously some do. In my experience though, the vast majority of people find it extremely underwhelming. There's a huge confirmation bias when it comes to testosterone -- people skim past the pages of side effects, poor responders and outright harm it has caused, in favor of the sexy, exciting and alluring 'testosterone changed my life' posts. Everyone wants to believe they can inject a hormone that'll erase their confidence issues, give them endless energy, turn them into a sex god, or make them into an assertive 'alpha male' (whatever the that even means), so they choose to believe it does. Go to any big trt-related medium now and you'll see what I mean. In reality, those places are nothing more than the blind leading the blind. Dude's who just yesterday were posting their own messed up bloods w/ a cohort of symptoms they do not understand, nor can they fix, are the first to interpret another man's bloods, tell him to jump on trt, add or remove a new ancillary, etc, all whilst feeling like ***t themselves. I'm ashamed to admit I used to be part of this too, as a young, naive nineteen year old.

I started testosterone with zero knowledge of the underlying physiology. After years of spinning my wheels, thinking I was always that one protocol tweak away from everything being perfect, I now realize that focusing on a downstream suppressive hormone in pursuit of health is pure insanity. If you're having problems with a downstream hormone, the problem itself is upstream -- taking exogenous testosterone does nothing to address that, and low testosterone is not the only problem. It actually makes the underlying pathology worse long term, as what was likely a minor impairment of cholesterol -> preg gets turned into an overt deficiency of all upstream hormones pre-dhea due to chronic hpta suppression.

In my view, there are two types of people who do well on trt: young, healthy men who didn't even need it (steroid users, or dudes who are unknowingly crashing their t by over exercising, under eating or not sleeping), or those with extremely low levels (<150 ng/dL). The first group respond well because they're healthy enough to support the problems it brings, and the second group respond well because they're so far gone that pretty much any external intervention would be a step in the right direction. This leaves the group in the middle: young to middle aged dudes with low-normal levels, which also happens to represent the majority who end up starting testosterone. Their health is poor enough that they cannot tolerate the excessive estrogen, shutdown of upstream hormone production, adrenal suppression and the cohort of other associated problems, but they're also not so far gone that they'll see a huge benefit. The expectations of what trt does is set by the extreme's of the two aforementioned groups, and it just doesn't apply to those in the middle.

I've made the most progress focusing on thyroid and adrenals too -- I believe most people on trt would experience the same. I get ten plus unique messages a day across reddit, facebook and forums from men on trt who've seen no improvement. The first thing I ask them to do is check their underarm temperature, and I'm still yet to see a single one who wasn't low. It's all thyroid and adrenals; the downstream steroids are peripheral detail.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals