Optimising Protein: Low Fat, Convenient, Cheap

wiggles92

The research conducted (almost solely by Haidut) on this forum regarding isolated amino acid supplementation has been greatly appreciated, and well received by forum members, many of whom have testimonials suggesting improvements to health. However, some have experienced issues, and are told the issue is not eating these isolated amino acids in a naturally balanced food stuff. Others, like myself, have given gelatin and hydrolysed collagen a try, with negative health consequences. I don't think these powdered proteins are the answer, and they aren't satisfying in the way eating a scallop is, even if the individual does not elicit any unpleasant symptoms.

Say I wanted to get a reasonable dose of taurine and glycine, say 5 grams of both. From Protein high in glycine and/or taurine may prevent obesity, it's suggested scallops are uniquely high in these amino acids, or perhaps it's seafood in general? I've had a lot of trouble finding the full amino acid compositions of common protein sources. If anyone can help with that it'd be really helpful, I think for all of us.

Screen+Shot 2016-07-27 at 10.34.32.png

See above for a protein breakdown, this is what I'm proposing. And see below for overall diet, with these food items. I'll buy fresh liver, cut it up, freeze it in ounce bags, and then just fry it up each day. Oysters I can get in cans, 65g, for £2, just have half a can a day. I've been doing this for a while, and it's actually really convenient, you just treat it like a supplement.

Screen+Shot 2016-07-27 at 10.32.50.png

Screen+Shot 2016-07-27 at 10.33.09.png

Screen+Shot 2016-07-27 at 10.35.03.png

Screen_Shot_2016_07_27_at_10_33_09.png

Mushroom risotto, I can get for £1.50, preprepared frozen, for 700g, only ingredients risotto rice, mushrooms (40%), some mushroom stock, white wine, little cream. I want a solid meal, and it seems risotto would be high in amylopectin, the best way to refuel glycogen, or something along those lines. It's been discussed on the forum. Regardless, this is what I've felt when I consume the more amylopectin rich starches, no gut issues, and a satisfying relaxation and I guess 'sinking' of glycogen into the body.

A little chocolate gelato, because.... ice cream. Much lower fat, coconut oil the fat component, and only locust bean gum as a stabiliser, which I've gleaned is not nearly as offensive as carrageenan, although some clarification on this would also be useful.

Essentially though, my main aims are low fat, high carb, 100 grams-ish protein, starch from the right places, and the use of foods instead of supplements for the more beneficial amino acids, vitamins and minerals. On top of this, I want maximum convenience, because life is not just the practice of preparing food to sustain life. Oh, and reasonably low price. Doing the above will cost my around £5 a day, frozen scallops being the most expensive £2 for 100 grams. Still, that's probably cheaper than consuming isolated amino acids, and with much less likelihood, if any, of negative consequences.

The only supplementation will be magnesium carbonate 1.25g daily, approx. 200mg l-theanine in coffee, and the occasional hand-rolled cigarette, because I'm young, free, and look a bit like Steve McQueen.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals