Has Anyone Truly Been Able To Raise Testosterone?

PaRa

Alright, I’ll wait for that to happen. In the meantime, explain the exact mechanism by which having excess fat causes “metabolic syndrome”. You say it in such a smug tome, so i’m sure you can back it up with an exact, irrefutable mechanism. “If it were that simple obese people would be the healthiest”. Move the bananas out of your eyes and look around. Obese people on average hardly eat more than the average person. How the **** are they going to produce androgens when they’re not even accounting for the extra body mass to provide structure for + the energy to produce the androgens.

You are incredibly ignorant about how much a 6’2 man should weigh. Some of the most beautiful women I know weigh 150-160 at around 5’5-5’7, and you’re telling me a grown **** man is only supposed to be 20 pounds more than that You’re out of your mind. I was a stick at 180, hell even 200.

Roid rage ? Lol

more seriously, obese are obese because they are in Global caloric surplus
Because of
Inactivity
Binging on empty calories
Low metabolic rate - high serotonin, hypothyroidism

D

Deleted member 5487

upload_2020-7-18_10-25-35.png

Tarmander

Exogenous testosterone caused way more problems than it fixed for me long term, and I tried everything -- cream, cyp, prop, enanthate, sustanon, testosterone monothearpy, testosterone + hcg, testosterone + ai, weekly injections, daily injections, keeping levels in the middle, at the top and above the range, etc. I spent three years on trt from the ages of 19 -> 22, and things just got worse the longer I was on it.

The problem with exogenous test is that it does nothing to address the underlying pathology which caused it to become low in the first place. I spent three years in the trt community, and as a whole, I've never seen a sicker group of people anywhere else online. The majority of people there still have fatigue, zero sex drive, erection issues, brain fog, estrogen dominance, etc.

Shutting down the upstream production of hormones like preg, prog and dhea whilst ramping up estrogen production just adds to the underlying problem imo. The heavy adrenal suppression from the long term use of potent androgens also becomes problematic, with many having to resort to the use of Prozac or other ssri's as a work around to stop their cortisol from dropping into truly deficient territory from chronic ACTH suppression.

The long term risk of HPTA-suppressive doses of testosterone just isn't worth it. I personally feel much better with 500 ng/dL and a working hpta vs the 800 - 1400 ng/dL I had during my time on injections and cream. Just my 2c.
Great post thanks for sharing

Risingfire

Well your temporary increase in androgens will be short lived and metabolic syndrome will hit like a truck eventually.

Kinda like how alcohol increases androgens. If it were that simple, obese individuals would be the healthiest. 6’2 230+ is borderline obese by the way, a healthy weight at that height being in the 180s (muscular, of course)
6'2" is borderline obese? What if your muscular. At 5'9" when I was 180 I was very lean with a six pack. Some people have large muscles

B___Danny

6'2" is borderline obese? What if your muscular. At 5'9" when I was 180 I was very lean with a six pack. Some people have large muscles
It doesn't seem like this guy has a clue how much a man is supposed to weigh. Seems like he's pulling it out of his ****. My brother is the same height as you and is slim around the same weight. My uncle is around the same height as me and when he was younger he was slim at around 240. Mike Tyson was lean at 220 in his boxing days at 6 foot. If he was a normal body fat without all the cardio he would be at least 240, and he is two inches shorter

Last edited:

YourUniverse

It doesn't seem like this guy has a clue how much a man is supposed to weigh. Seems like he's pulling it out of his ****. My brother is the same height as you and is slim around the same weight. My uncle is around the same height as me and when he was younger he was slim at around 240.
230 at 6'2 is perfectly reasonable for a muscular man, bodyfat % likely 14-18. Ray said "ideal" bodyfat % for a healthy male was about 20.

baccheion

230 at 6'2 is perfectly reasonable for a muscular man, bodyfat % likely 14-18. Ray said "ideal" bodyfat % for a healthy male was about 20.
20% at what age!? Average through to puberty (for male and females) is 15-17%, a range I think is fine until wanting to be athletic/12%..

PaRa

20% Males are the skinny fat lol
You re going out sometimes ?

Plus, FYI @wavelength123 is like 1.90 m, 90kg at 8-10% BF
He works in health domain and see how are people who are ****88 up, sedentary don’t need to be higher than 23IMC, they have no muscle, don’t move, just are fat, why do they need to become fattier ? It’s just a joke man
Maybe 20% is protective in older but it’s likely a survivor bias just as high cholesterol

Last edited:

YourUniverse

20% at what age!? Average through to puberty (for male and females) is 15-17%, a range I think is fine until wanting to be athletic/12%..
If you want to be what is described as athletic, I dont think your goals are necessarily to be "healthy", to be fair.

Goals are what are important. To me, the essence of manhood is to produce, to lead, to fight for ones family via livelihood and passions, and this takes tremendous energy and reserves. If a person's goals are to stand at a bar and flash skinny abs and worry whether a girl likes the image of them, thats fine, but obviously that person's priorities are not geared toward (and may even reject) "health". Goals change with age and experience, too.

No one is saying become sedentary and fat.

baccheion

If you want to be what is described as athletic, I dont think your goals are necessarily to be "healthy", to be fair.

Goals are what are important. To me, the essence of manhood is to produce, to lead, to fight for ones family via livelihood and passions, and this takes tremendous energy and reserves. If a person's goals are to stand at a bar and flash skinny abs and worry whether a girl likes the image of them, thats fine, but obviously that person's priorities are not geared toward (and may even reject) "health". Goals change with age and experience, too.

No one is saying become sedentary and fat.
Most tribes are lean..

Essence of man = higher androgenicity:estrogenicity with enough estrogen to be fertile. Good health.

B___Danny

Most tribes are lean..

Essence of man = higher androgenicity:estrogenicity with enough estrogen to be fertile. Good health.

Tell that to this guy xD.

Attachments

• D0C20D75-90E6-4E59-8300-F152D9122526.jpeg
    D0C20D75-90E6-4E59-8300-F152D9122526.jpeg
    168.6 KB · Views: 60

baccheion

Fair, but are indigenous people the picture of health..? They deal with famine and other basic survival stress at all times. They dont have iPhones or airplanes, travel by foot, hunt for their food (for ex)
They are the ones in the wild having to hunt.

I said most. Samoans (IIRC) are the ones genetically biased toward being fat. Even then, it's mainly when not eating properly. The males pictured is not likely a natural or has been westernized.

Fat, short, and round is a shape adapted to cold weather. Tall, thin, and lean = to humidity.

my T is around 1000 and I'm in my 60s.

Lots of sex, not much ejaculation, increases T a huge amount. A little DHEA and progesterone and pregnenolone help. Gut health really helps. Aspirin helps.

Being goal focused and assertive in life helps.

Beastmode

I had every symptom of low testosterone for most of my 30's and at 39 years old I was able to get it up to just over 600 with all the noticeable symptoms of higher testosterone (i.e- muscle, libido, focus, etc.) Mostly from the basic Peat stuff and eventually using T3,T3/T4, aspirin, etc.

I'm 41 now and haven't checked the levels again, but I imagine they would be a bit higher now.

1) Sleep is so underrated and I think even if you believe you sleep well, there's a strong possibility you still don't.
2) Lift heavy a few times per week after getting sleep and diet can be a added bonus.

baccheion

my T is around 1000 and I'm in my 60s.

Lots of sex, not much ejaculation, increases T a huge amount. A little DHEA and progesterone and pregnenolone help. Gut health really helps. Aspirin helps.

Being goal focused and assertive in life helps.
What was total testosterone, free testosterone, estradiol, SHBG, cortisol, prolactin, and DHEA?

YourUniverse

They are the ones in the wild having to hunt.
This is true, they are moving their bodies, they are elevating their stress hormones - providing for their tribes and their families. If food was abundant, do you think they would stay lean? They are doing the best with what they have. Like through fasting, the result of their low bodyfat is not necessarily indicative of good health.

baccheion

This is true, they are moving their bodies, they are elevating their stress hormones - providing for their tribes and their families. If food was abundant, do you think they would stay lean? They are doing the best with what they have. Like through fasting, the result of their low bodyfat is not necessarily indicative of good health.
I'm saying they capture man in his primal environment. If whole quality natural foods were consumed, they likely would. Black descendants, for example, are naturally leaner. It's southern fatty cooking and fast food that has shifted the balance.

In the modern age, such aesthetics are mainly for pleasure. Women want to *feel* safe. The fight is digital. Anything else is met with a call to 911.

Women seek alphas for breeding. They move toward effeminate males (lower testosterone + lower estrogen + preferably lower cortisol) when settling or raising children.

Last edited:

YourUniverse

I'm saying they capture man in his primal environment. If it was whole quality natural foods, they likely would. Black descendants, for example, are naturally leaner. It's southern fatty cooking and fast food that has shifted the balance.
I agree PUFA laden cooking is a recipe for fatness and metabolic syndrome. I dont agree 20% bodyfat on a healthy male, especially a muscular one, is fat, though.

Stress evaporates lean tissues, so the ability to grow lean tissues indicates a more ideal hormonal environment to begin with. Being skinny tells me the person is either under stress, under eating to match that stress, or has a completely different goal than "health" (such as having visible abs to try to impress shallow females, athletic performance, or etc.)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals