Has Anyone Out There Healed Their Type 2 Diabetes Using The Peatarian Diet?

Ron J

A "need for meat and starch" is a "need for salt". IMO. All of my research seems to be pointing towards this, that I've been doing the last 6 months now. I just need to prove this hypothesis at this point, which is going to require me to heavily salt my sugar drinks... arg. LOL. Most people don't heavily salt sugar (understandably so, I am having trouble doing this too, it's gross) and since salt is as important as sugar in hypothyroid, by eating sugar alone you find you get massive salt cravings (disguised as meat/starch cravings).
It could also be low quality fruits or not enough calories. I take in about 15g of sodium a day, yet I still crave starch and I can eat it plain(no salt/spices).

Cirion

It could also be low quality fruits or not enough calories. I take in about 15g of sodium a day, yet I still crave starch and I can eat it plain(no salt/spices).

Interesting. Yes it could also be lack of calories, or lack of vitamins/minerals that the selected foods do not provide (milk and OJ meet most micronutrient needs which is probably why Ray promotes these two) but there could be a lack somewhere that the craved meat or starch food provides like some B vitamins, zinc or something.

Do you have 15g of actual sodium, or 15g of salt? There is a big difference.

Cirion

@Cirion
I'm getting exactly 14,397mg of sodium(not total weight) from canning salt and baking soda.

Wow, ok yeah you're good probably on sodium =P

forterpride

I’ve worked with people who have. For a few weeks blood sugar is high then it falls. And it’s fixed. High carb low fat. Very low fat for awhile. Niacinamide or aspirin. Voila.
Do you think Pyrucet is better than Niacinamide for diabetes? Want my mom to try something that will help but don’t want her on 100 supplements. I ask because I read Pyrucet is also good for diabetes. Thanks ecstatic.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals