Has Anyone Truly Been Able To Raise Testosterone?

Broco6679

Do you believe for those on TRT need to supplement with DHEA, preg prog?

If someone is going to take testosterone, they should definitely take preg, prog and dhea. This doesn't correct the fundamental problem with htpa shutdown though, as the main problem is due to the absence of lh, fsh and acth -- not the hormones themselves. Taking hcg isn't a good workaround, either.

Last edited:

Broco6679

I have seen the opposite. Groups filed with thousands of men stating trt was the single greatest thing they have done to improve their health.

I personally have mixed experiences with trt, i had better luck with thyroid and adrenals

@Broco6679 what is your daily supplement diet like these days. Also what do you think of this?Deca Nandrolone As A Bio Identical Form Of Trt

There's not enough long term data to determine whether nandrolone is safe to be used as a standalone or alongside testosterone for hrt. I wouldn't touch it, personally.

Kvothe

Without relying on TRT or taking isolated amino acids, has anyone truly been able to raise testosterone levels sustainably and significantly, measured by blood tests, via diet and lifestyle changes?

I'm finding many threads on what should raise T in theory, but I'm not able to find what has actually worked in practice, so I was hoping to get a compilation of that here.

Significant changes in testosterone can be achieved with very simple dietary changes or basic supplements such as T3.

upload_2020-7-16_4-47-43.png

"The plasma testosterone concentrations measured in 12-hour plasma pools cfor the seven subjects during each dietary period are shown in Figure i. The
mean testosterone level for the group of seven subjects was significantly greater during the high carbohydrate diet (468 + 34 ng/dl, mean + SE) than
during the high protein diet (371 + 23 ng/dl, p<0.05, paired t test), with an average increase of 28 percent ]range i0 to 93 percent). "​

Source: Diet-hormone interactions: protein/carbohydrate ratio alters reciprocally the plasma levels of testosterone and cortisol and their respective binding globulins in man - PubMed

upload_2020-7-16_4-52-21.png

"Serum levels of testosterone and SHBG were significantly increased after T3 treatment (Fig 3). Estradiol, in contrast was unchanged; Free testosterone levels decreased slightly, suggesting that changes in total androgen levels were primarily due to change in the binding protein. "
Source: Effects of experimentally induced mild hyperthyroidism on growth hormone and insulin secretion and sex steroid levels in healthy young men - PubMed

B___Danny

@Razvan spoke about how he got a huge testosterone boost after massively increasing his caloric intake. I can attest to this as well, especially when eating high sat fat/high carb/high calorie.

sladerunner69

@lampofred That's a question you could also ask from Testosterone, Hormones and General Men's Health
I like the site, but this question IMO leads you down rabbit holes of enquiry and, usually little result.
Yeah, getting sunlight on your balls feels androgenic, for sure, and 10-15 minutes max should do it. In fact totally naked sunbathing is great, privacy permitting lol.

I suspect that being fully naked has its own acute androgenic effect- particularly if done somewhere less than private. Try your local shopping mall.

B___Danny

because of my doubt, was the increase really sharp?
I’ve never been androgenic in my life but now I have “wet” dreams almost every night and the idea of feeling like “warrior” has creeped into my mind for a few days now. Also my imagination/vision is as good as its ever been.

baccheion

I’ve never been androgenic in my life but now I have “wet” dreams almost every night and the idea of feeling like “warrior” has creeped into my mind for a few days now. Also my imagination/vision is as good as its ever been.
CRON-o-meter screenshot? Any labs to verify, before/after especially?

B___Danny

CRON-o-meter screenshot? Any labs to verify, before/after especially?
I don't track anything and I don’t have labs. Just giving my anecdote. Before was in this winter when I hadn’t gotten in erection in months because of fasting/carnivore. Now i experience what i stated above.

Roni123@

wha
I don't track anything and I don’t have labs. Just giving my anecdote. Before was in this winter when I hadn’t gotten in erection in months because of fasting/carnivore. Now i experience what i stated above.
what is yout diet ?

B___Danny

wha

what is yout diet ?
my main saturated fat source is butter/cream and my main sugar sources are cane sugar, white flour, and potatoes. and some juices but i overdid them for a few months and now i cant put them in my mouth anymore.

jet9

my main saturated fat source is butter/cream and my main sugar sources are cane sugar, white flour, and potatoes. and some juices but i overdid them for a few months and now i cant put them in my mouth anymore.
could you be more specific? example of breakfast/lunch/dinner would be helpful.

B___Danny

could you be more specific? example of breakfast/lunch/dinner would be helpful.
Breakfast is usually a huge pancake with 1.75 cups flour, 1 stick butter, and .5 cup maple syrup and some cream on top when i have it. I’ll have sparkling water with cane sugar, homemade cookies, or fruit juice if i can stomach it between breakfast in lunch. Lunch would be two pounds of potatoes with a stick of butter and I’ll eat as much meat as I feel satisfied on usually 300-500g of steak or pork. Between lunch and dinner I’ll have the same snacks but I usually go really heavy on the cane sugar during these times and I heat up/sweat a lot. Dinner changes all the time so I cant really say. its usually something with a lot of cheese. I also have a big build naturally. Im slim at around 230-240 around 6 foot 2. I don’t want to jeopardize my hormones/sleep/digestion at the moment and I used to be severely underweight so I am staying “overweight” as of now.

Last edited:

wavelength123

Well your temporary increase in androgens will be short lived and metabolic syndrome will hit like a truck eventually.

Kinda like how alcohol increases androgens. If it were that simple, obese individuals would be the healthiest. 6’2 230+ is borderline obese by the way, a healthy weight at that height being in the 180s (muscular, of course)

Well your temporary increase in androgens will be short lived and metabolic syndrome will hit like a truck eventually.

Kinda like how alcohol increases androgens. If it were that simple, obese individuals would be the healthiest. 6’2 230+ is borderline obese by the way, a healthy weight at that height being in the 180s (muscular, of course)
+1 for sure.

Markus

That's where increased activity and weight training comes in to balance the excess calories while not going into a deficit or over-training state.

B___Danny

Alright, I’ll wait for that to happen. In the meantime, explain the exact mechanism by which having excess fat causes “metabolic syndrome”. You say it in such a smug tome, so i’m sure you can back it up with an exact, irrefutable mechanism. “If it were that simple obese people would be the healthiest”. Move the bananas out of your eyes and look around. Obese people on average hardly eat more than the average person. How the **** are they going to produce androgens when they’re not even accounting for the extra body mass to provide structure for + the energy to produce the androgens.

You are incredibly ignorant about how much a 6’2 man should weigh. Some of the most beautiful women I know weigh 150-160 at around 5’5-5’7, and you’re telling me a grown **** man is only supposed to be 20 pounds more than that You’re out of your mind. I was a stick at 180, hell even 200.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals