Has Anyone Reversed Their Type II Diabetes Following RP Advice?

TibRex

How critical do you think low fat is to this improvement? For example, would full-fat milk be preventing blood sugar problems from improving, while a switch to low fat milk might fix it?

I think oils & fat are the culprits, not sugar. The latter makes the diabetic condition worse. The former is the one that inhibits glycolysis so you may want to look into that.

Mitochondria and mortality
The Randle Cycle (Glucose-Fatty Acid Cycle) – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)

Also you drink way too much water. Ray and others on this forum talked about it - too much water can cause a stress reaction - it raises prolactin which antagonises dopamine. It also wastes sodium which activates the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system in order to retain sodium which is a part of a stress response. It also indirectly wastes magnesium. Increase your salt intake, especially if you exercise and drink coffee (it’s a diuretic thus excretes sodium) make sure you have plenty of potassium with it through food. Don’t go overboard with water. Good luck!

tankasnowgod

Thanks for the tip on Iron level in the body as a causative factor... could you suggest some simple ways of lower iron levels... I know some folks go for blood letting, blood donation and all that stuff but I'd rather go for a simpler method that can be applied at home. Can one supplement with iron antagonist minerals like copper and zinc instead and will they work?

Personally, I find blood donation pretty simple. It's also the most effective. And there are even some people that do therapeutic phlebotomies themselves at home

Other things can work. Aspirin, IP6, and a low iron diet can all be effective. Both eggs and diary are low iron foods, and also have natural iron chelators in them, so shifting your diet to get the bulk of your protein from them can also work. You'd still want to monitor your progress with an iron panel, which is done with a blood test, to see if your strategy is effective.

baccheion

Also you drink way too much water. Ray and others on this forum talked about it - too much water can cause a stress reaction - it raises prolactin which antagonises dopamine. It also wastes sodium which activates the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system in order to retain sodium which is a part of a stress response. It also indirectly wastes magnesium. Increase your salt intake, especially if you exercise and drink coffee (it’s a diuretic thus excretes sodium) make sure you have plenty of potassium with it through food. Don’t go overboard with water. Good luck!
What potassium:sodium ratio? How many grams of each with how much water (eg, 10 cups and 16 cups)? What if black?

TibRex

Personally, I find blood donation pretty simple. It's also the most effective. And there are even some people that do therapeutic phlebotomies themselves at home

Other things can work. Aspirin, IP6, and a low iron diet can all be effective. Both eggs and diary are low iron foods, and also have natural iron chelators in them, so shifting your diet to get the bulk of your protein from them can also work. You'd still want to monitor your progress with an iron panel, which is done with a blood test, to see if your strategy is effective.

Re blood donation ... do they screen out diabetics whose blood sugar is problematic? I know a gent who told me that some of his friends would go to this traditional physician who does blood letting and it seem to work for them. I eat eggs daily + powdered milk. How much aspirin do you recommend? Guess, I'd have to look for some leeches to do the blood work instead!! Your bringing up iron is interesting. A few years ago, I went to see this TCM physician who uses this Japanese high tech gadget to take a health reading. One has to insert all the fingers of one hand into this metallic device which is hooked to some meter and PC. It would scan the body and produce a reading. When he looked at the reading, he looked at me and said that I had diabetes as my spleen was under forming. Came as a surprise as we are so used to thinking that the pancreas and liver are main sites to focus on. Just last week I came across an article that features the work of some scientists at Wenzhou university, China. The researchers were looking at the spleen of mice and found that it's full of iron. Interesting! Could it be that an underforming spleen is linked with excess iron. The following is the abstract I saw and read :

Type-2 diabetes (T2D) is a common metabolic disorder, which causes several physiological and pathological complications. Spleen is regarded as an important organ, which regulates immune system and iron metabolism in the body. Precious few studies have been conducted to explore the pathological and deleterious roles of diabetes on spleen. In our current study, we have explored and confirmed the pathological effects of diabetes on spleen in db/db experimental mice model. In our current study, 0.5 mg/kg fibroblast growth factor 1 (FGF1) dose was intraperitoneally administrated to db/db mice. We found that diabetes evidently induced spleen enlargement and fibrosis progression in the db/db mice. Additionally, our studies demonstrate that iron has hugely deposited in the spleen in db/db mice. Several studies have documented that diabetes largely disrupts the inflammatory cells distribution, immune homeostasis, proliferation and oxidative stress with the down-regulation of anti-inflammatory cytokines and antioxidant activities. Moreover, we have observed that FGF1 administration significantly reversed the deleterious effect of diabetes on spleen enlargement and dysfunction. In summary, these substantial findings clearly demonstrate that diabetes plays deleterious roles in maintaining the spleen structure and functions. Therefore, our investigations suggest that FGF1 can effectively prevent diabetes-mediated splenomegaly progression.

Source : Fibroblast growth factor 1 ameliorates diabetes-induced splenomegaly via suppressing inflammation and oxidative stress - ScienceDirect

Last edited:

tankasnowgod

Re blood donation ... do they screen out diabetics whose blood sugar is problematic? I know a gent who told me that some of his friends would go to this traditional physician who does blood letting and it seem to work for them. I eat eggs daily + powdered milk. How much aspirin do you recommend? Guess, I'd have to look for some leeches to do the blood work instead!! Your bringing up iron is interesting. A few years ago, I went to see this TCM physician who uses this Japanese high tech gadget to take a health reading. One has to insert all the fingers of one hand into this metallic device which is hooked to some meter and PC. It would scan the body and produce a reading. When he looked at the reading, he looked at me and said that I had diabetes as my spleen was under forming. Came as a surprise as we are so used to thinking that the pancreas and liver are main sites to focus on. Just last week I came across an article that features the work some scientists at Wenzhou university, China. The researchers were looking at the spleen of mice and found that it's full of iron. Interesting! Could it be that an underforming spleen is linked with excess iron. The following is the abstract I saw and read :

Type-2 diabetes (T2D) is a common metabolic disorder, which causes several physiological and pathological complications. Spleen is regarded as an important organ, which regulates immune system and iron metabolism in the body. Precious few studies have been conducted to explore the pathological and deleterious roles of diabetes on spleen. In our current study, we have explored and confirmed the pathological effects of diabetes on spleen in db/db experimental mice model. In our current study, 0.5 mg/kg fibroblast growth factor 1 (FGF1) dose was intraperitoneally administrated to db/db mice. We found that diabetes evidently induced spleen enlargement and fibrosis progression in the db/db mice. Additionally, our studies demonstrate that iron has hugely deposited in the spleen in db/db mice. Several studies have documented that diabetes largely disrupts the inflammatory cells distribution, immune homeostasis, proliferation and oxidative stress with the down-regulation of anti-inflammatory cytokines and antioxidant activities. Moreover, we have observed that FGF1 administration significantly reversed the deleterious effect of diabetes on spleen enlargement and dysfunction. In summary, these substantial findings clearly demonstrate that diabetes plays deleterious roles in maintaining the spleen structure and functions. Therefore, our investigations suggest that FGF1 can effectively prevent diabetes-mediated splenomegaly progression.

Source : Fibroblast growth factor 1 ameliorates diabetes-induced splenomegaly via suppressing inflammation and oxidative stress - ScienceDirect

As far as blood donation centers go, I have never seen a question about diabetes or blood sugar. The only things they ask about are blood born diseases, and certain medications (those that interfere with clotting, or could be problematic for a donor). They take a quick sample for hemoglobin to make sure you aren't anemic before donating. Look up a local hospital or blood donor center near you, most of the requirements should be online at this point.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals