freezing foods & histamine?

yoshiesque

I freeze almost everything. I consume snap frozen fruits/spinach. I freeze bone broth, raw cod (vacuum sealed in packets from costco), and other raw/cooked meats.

It just makes life easier. But now im reading it might contain histamine. Is everyone eating things fresh? That seems like a serious waste of time!

Dean

I don't think you have to worry much about the fruits and spinach. It's the meat, fish, and bone broth that develops amines (histamine). How much of a problem it might be depends on how long the meat, fish, broth sat around before being frozen and after it was defrosted, before being eaten.

tara

I've been assuming that when I buy frozen food it has usually been frozen quickly when pretty fresh, and is likely to have less histamine than buying unfrozen food that I don't know how long it has been sitting round. Assuming it was planned and packaged as frozen food, not just fresh frozen when approaching best by date.

I use muy freezer a lot too. I freeze some meat, stock, stew, fresh and stewed fruit, oysters etc from time to time too. I figure it will develop fewer biogenic amines in the freezer than in the fridge before I get around to eating it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals