Experiences During Peating

north

What are your main positive and/or negative experiences regarding your health since eating according to Peat?
Im referring to specific changes which had a significant effect.
And maybe if there is any specific thing you changed in your diet which helped/triggered this effect.

In my own case:
Been Peating now for 1/2 year.

1st week:
Completely got rid of brainfog, smaller vision problem.
I got a natural sleeping rhythm which ive never had. (i got tired at night, and naturally started waking up earlier)
Got rid of chronically clogged nostril
Started tolerating cold way better.
Started sweating normally during workouts etc. Used to not sweat.

Within 1st month:
Better memory
More alert and "smart" (i started understanding things easier, solving problems faster ie at work etc)
100% comfortable breathing thru nose all the time, including during intense workout
Skin isnt dry anymore

Within first 2-3months
Strength got up about 10-12%.
Hair and scalp is better

Unspecific time:
Pulse is higher, when i eat well and sleep well. But still not constantly.
Anxiety and the way i handle stressful situations is way better.
Used to get depressed for a few days which could be triggered by something negative in life. Those doesnt happen much anymore, and if they do i seem to handle them better and that negative feeling seems to go away after a few minutes or an hour.

iLoveSugar

Damn!! I wish I could have this experience. I'm still struggling royally. What are some key things that you noticed really helped you?

OP
N

north

Well I still have a lot to improve. And as soon as im missing one piece of the puzzle i usually end up feeling a lot worse. For ex lack of sleep or not enough calories for a day would make me go feel pretty bad. At least stuff goes in the right direction..

I think PUFA avoidance and removing grains and starchy carbs and instead having sugary carbs made the biggest difference together with having a lot of calories and good sleep. Sleep affects me 'too' much still.

OP
N

north

Milk, OJ, oranges, pineapple, papaya, sometimes honey, and kinda much white sugar in coffee.

Hugh Johnson

When I first started I spent a month or more with resting pulse above 100. I felt like I was exercising, even though I was laying on my back.

It eventually went away. When I started taking vitamins, aboout six months in, it felt like a pain I had been carrying for 20 years disappeared. I remember walking out of the library and feeling like I had felt when I was a small child. I took a walk around town and the colors were bright, I had energy and life and a persistent erection.

My psychology has changed. I can't quite articulate it yet, but I have become calmer, more open and judicious. I no longer feel the need to convince others of my views. I am starting to see the connections between people and myself and see myself of a network that spans the world. It simultaneously gives my hope and meaning and makes me feel scared because if I am integrally tied to the world, everything I do matters.

iLoveSugar

What vitamins in particular? I am always on edge, and would welcome a calm feeling more than anything in the world.

Frank's sign disappeared from ear :cool:

Hugh Johnson

iLoveSugar said:
What vitamins in particular? I am always on edge, and would welcome a calm feeling more than anything in the world.

It's been six months so I don't quite remember. Nicotinamide, Vitamin E, A, D, K2, zinc, selenium and aspirin is pretty close.

I pretty much just ordered every safe vitamin I could find and took large doses of the safe ones. Normal doses of zinc and selenium though.

After that I decided to try and test them individually. But yeah, they can make you calm. My control pause for Buteyko almost doubled, and I my hands and feet were warm.

If you have the money you could do what I did. Maybe add B1 and Q10. I don't think taking large amounts of everything you can permanently is a good idea but it might break the chronic stress.

Lilac

I didn't/don't have a lot of health issues to resolve. Most of them were taken care of by a transition from Wheat Belly to paleo to Perfect Health Diet. The most significant improvement Peating was noticeable last winter, which was so long, dark, and cold. In the winter of 2012/2013, my feet were always ice-cold the minute I lay down to go to sleep. When I woke up, they would be warm. But dropping off to sleep was difficult. In the winter of 2013/2014 I never once had cold feet.

I started out with a resting heart rate of 60 beats per minute. I have gotten in up to about 70 now. Occasionally I have measured 80.

The most important change, though, is in the way that I think about my health and the world. I am much, much more finely in tune with how I am feeling and knowing what I need, or at least what I think I should try, to fix a problem. Peat has been eye-opening and life-changing.

On the negative side: I have gained about five pounds, which I would like to lose. But it's hard to eat less and feel hungry/stressed! I also don't feel quite as good as I did the first couple of months doing Perfect Health Diet. I remember telling people then how strong I felt, "like an animal." I just haven't had that kind of tip-top (for me) muscle strength and energy--like, where you are doing the usual crunches and realize you could do twice as many. Perhaps I am still climbing out of the hole of the cold, dark winter of 2013/2014. That really got me down physically. I credit Peat eating with getting me through it as well as I did. Next year, red lights!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals