Bad Symptoms After Orgasm-Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome

TMCMac

I have been taking Vitamins A D E K2 MK 7, Methylated B Vitamins Complex, B1, Tribulus Terrestris, Tongkat Ali, Zinc Picolinate, Boron Glycinate, Magnesium Bisglycinate, Pau D Arco, Ashwagandha, Horny Goat Weed, Aspirin, all kinds of stuff etc. but none ever had any consistent significant improvements on my POIS symptoms except maybe a tiny bit from those antihistamines I took for a few times but I avoid anything that lowers and antagonizes Histamine from now on because Histamine is a DHT agonist and I am focusing on maxing out my T/DHT/Androgens/Thyroid/DHEA/Pregnenolone/Progesterone/all supportive anabolic regenerative healing youth hormones in the general as much as possible

The only time in my whole life I could ejaculate POIS symptoms free was while sick with a cold in 2020 February, I had zero of those negative symptoms at all back then so it is some sort of immune issue in my case

Interestingly before I had POIS and all the chronic symptoms even background ones that even on long clean abstinence streaks stay to some extent, before that I would get sick a lot more often as a kid but ever since hitting puberty as I have gotten older with years I get sick less often and simultaneously POIS and general chronic symptoms I have proportionally increase both in length and intensity the less sick I have been

Could I have some methylation detoxification issues? My blood tests show high cortisol in the morning but I had also slept only 6 hours during then and was in a fasted state while I took that test and the liver enzymes were slightly elevated above the reference range too but could be from all the lifting and supplementation so idk tbh, my Free T3 was above the reference range too and TSH had jumped up from 2.2 to 3.0 and my DHEA-SO4 was on the lower side, Prolactin was normal so it is not an issue, total Testosterone is now at around 523ng/dl at 20 compared to 475ng/dl when I was 17, LH was like 5 and FSH like 6 and Estrogen on the upper range too, Iron and Ferritin on the lower reference range
Any updates on the POIS?

TMCMac

It seems like there is some connection between the Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome and Mast Cell Activation Disorder/IBS/SIBO/POTS/EDS

Most medicines that work for POIS are anti inflammatory, anti Histaminergic, mast cell inhibiting medicines

Many POISers have gut issues especially in the state of POIS

I can bend my thumbs backwards by 90 degrees and fully reach both of my hands while putting them behind my back and I overall have this boneish lankeish long limbed physique including thin wrists and kind of petite looking face and I have always had eye bags under my eyes ever since the childhood due to not as much forward bone growth that would support the skin tissue so I guess that is why I have those eyebags

I also often get dizzy when standing and many times it has happened right after orgasming I would get very dizzy feeling like I am fainting and my eyes would slightly blur and fill with floaters and then after few seconds it would be normal again

Now I wonder what could be the explanation for why being sick with a cold temporarily made the POIS disappear and why my sexual pleasure that I felt was increased while being sick whereas all other times when I have had severe POIS symptoms it is like the sexual pleasure feeling feels blunted as well?

Also many POISers have been cured with antibiotics
Ive had many similar issues in the past after O. Your description of dizziness and eyes blurring with floaters and near fainting has happened to me in the past when at its worst the side effects vary sometimes none at all other times really bad like that.

OP
E

Explorer

Any updates on the POIS?
Niacin flush one hour before orgasm and orgasming 20 minutes after flushing is over seems to reduce symptoms especially the vasoconstrictive cognitive ones

TMCMac

Niacin flush one hour before orgasm and orgasming 20 minutes after flushing is over seems to reduce symptoms especially the vasoconstrictive cognitive ones
Ive heard of that one thanks. Are you not worried about releasing histamine and prostaglandins I think thats what happens and Ray Peat mentions those things arent too good for you.

OP
E

Explorer

I have heard about that but I do not do it every time I orgasm as it is not the type of thing you plan out and rather it happens spontaneously + it is not good to use it too often as it can overload the liver but I do not overthink it as it is probably an issue if you take it daily and such

If I remember it is that it liberates the Histamine storage while it results in increased Histamine it actually helps mast cells to not be overloaded thus improving the POIS symptoms which many think are just a type of mast cell activation disorder flaring up and dumping out mast cell mediators after each orgasm and other triggers

I am still experimenting and trying to find a Peatier and overall safer and reliable POIS treatment but I am limited on resources now

I also heard Diclofenac+Hydroxizine+Cleavers herb+Elemental Zinc+L-Theanine if taken BETWEEN arousal/precum production start and orgasming/ejaculating and/or a few minutes before/after stops 98% of POIS symptoms from activating in the first place as discovered by aquantiV (u/aquantiV) - Reddit on Reddit who has been using it for years and is practically POIS free now and can orgasm every single day but if he does it twice or more even with this stack he says 40% symptoms return but one orgasm a day does not trigger POIS at all except some tiny bit feeling change which he said goes away a few minutes, as long as he uses this stack

So it is clear POIS is some immune/mast cell activation or ME/CFS type of disorder, a cold in 2020 February turned it off for 3 days for me and I had 2 ejaculations and 1 nocturnal emission during it FULLY POIS SYMPTOMS FREE, another piece of the puzzle showing some immunity involvement in POIS

The main question IS - WHAT exactly is immunity reacting to during orgasming/ejaculating and why/how and how to treat it permanently at the very core so one does not need to rely on constant stacks or abstinence just to be functional and sexually active at the same time?

The fact that those who previously were only helped by abstinence but with specific stacks/treatments got POIS 100% cured/controlled and could be as sexually active as desirable again and orgasm as often desirable means the theory of PMO addiction/dopamine overload/withdrawals/sexual energy exhaustion/semen nutrients loss is false as often advertised by Semen retention/NoFap types who PROBABLY have POST ORGASMIC LLLNESS SYNDROME NOT BEING AWARE OF THAT!

Those same POISers including me have tried Zinc, Boron, Selenium, Magnesium, B Vitamins both methylated and normal, and adaptogens and T/libido boosters, and those did not change it much whereas anti-inflammatory autoimmune medicines types of things make one feel even better while not being abstinent at all than they did on weeks or months of abstinence

So many of those Semen retention "benefits" people claim to have are probably from them unknowingly having POIS and its symptoms decreasing the longer they abstain so they interpret it as "benefits"

Which would mean the Post orgasmic illness syndrome is A LOT MORE COMMON than many seem to believe

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals