Experiences Working in Healthcare/Conventional Medical Field

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Peatful, you’re right. I think that’s my default tendency and also probably part of my coping mechanism. Thank you for pointing that out friend. :grouphug2

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Korven, Yes, I’m very beyond burnt out, trying not to be too cynical or jaded, pray a lot and since my job is primarily helping get people OFF ventilators i can cope for now.

Peatful

@Peatful, you’re right. I think that’s my default tendency and also probably part of my coping mechanism. Thank you for pointing that out friend. :grouphug2
You’re a kind, optimistic soul

I'm that critic…
Or realist.

Hugs back

yerrag

@yerrag, I love the way you phrased it as captains of our own ships! I’m thrilled you were able to navigate through an ER visit and come out unscathed. It’s a tricky situation, not without risks and takes a lot of discernment. I’m sure you’re much better off than many people would be because you’ve devoted the time and effort in educating yourself and improving your health.
Thanks blossom, it truly is an appropriate metaphor being the captain, as without thinking of ourselves as captains, we can easily be intimidated by being used to worshipping our doctors and deferring to them, even kowtowing to them. I had to shatter that master-slave relationship that is so ingrained. When my siblings told me why I can speak at an equal level to the doctor, I had to tell them what is wrong with them. They are so helpless and they believe everything the doctors says, as they find the chasm between what they know (nothing - as they never tried and are overwhelmed by a lifetime of habitually assuming the role of a beagle) and what is known is so huge that they dare not attempt to engage with a doctor. Doctors know this level of ignorance in most people, and would just vomit empty shibboleths at patients. But certainly, I am better informed and can discuss matters at length with doctors, and the only way out for such doctors is to finally say " it is the science, backed by research," which to me is their way of capitulating to me because they cannot find specific examples to counter my argument.

Of course, I may be wrong as well, and if and when that happens, it is something I accept can happen and it is a hazard I accept, but hope that the mistake will not kill me or the patient, but make us better, paraphrasing Nietzsche.

Here is what has transpired so far, if you remember my mistake of ingesting cinnamon bark oil wrongly, last February, a mistake I made and which I am learning from the hard way and making progress and learning from as I recover: Unlimited Oxygen Intake Is Crucial But Taken For Granted Until Your Lungs No Longer Provide It

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@yerrag, I completely agree. We are the ones who have to live in our body and should always have autonomy. It’s the only way to be when it comes to our health.
I just posted in your thread about another device that is a drug/supplement free way to help with the mucus clearance. If it doesn’t appeal to you don’t worry. I’m not the least bit authoritarian when it comes to personal health choices and won’t get my feelings hurt.

Regina

Phew. What a thread.
All hail Blossom.

And milk_lover, I am so sorry about your son. Godspeed and prayers that he comes skipping home into you and your fsmily's arms. :grouphug2
:praying:

milk_lover

Thank you all for your thoughtful words and prayers.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I know it is difficult. But would you mind sharing more? Their screw ups and validation of Peat principles?

It will only help people here.

Thank you and god bless you! Best of luck with your son! Bioenergetics is the way!

One of the things I noticed from cortisol medication is that they literally reduce metabolism by seeing etCO2 number goes down right after the medication. Also when they do CBC test and renal function right after the cortisol dose, you can see bicarb go down (bicarb high means higher metabolism) and immune system low (absolute white blood cells, neutrophils, lymphocytes). When they give stress dose in times of infection, you can see body hair grow, which is not right for a kid. It messes up their good hormones like progesterone. Cortisol drugs are really bad for metabolism, immunity, hormones, and inflammation markers long term like CRP. When they give certain antiobiotics, his liver enzymes like ALT and AST go up, making the liver not function well and thus reduce T3 conversion from T4. Also, by giving 0.45% saline IV so the medication IV does not occlude, they are diluting his blood and making his sodium level down, which creates edema and low metabolism. Also, the high desmopressin dose was lowering his blood sodium and metabolism. By switching to 0.9% saline + 5% dextrose IV and reducing desmopressin, his sodium level normalized. I came to appreciate the benefits of sodium, magnesium, potassium, and calcium for general health as Peat mentioned many times in many of his articles and interviews. Cortisol does not produce favorite results for them. Upping the empty water and reducing milk and giving him PPI, they were harming him by increasing his PTH and calcium in the blood from his skeleton. They thought he was receiving a lot of calcium from his milk so that's why they kept decreasing the milk. But the PPI was not making him absorb the calcium from milk and it was the PTH which increased his calcium level. Whenever I pressure the medical team to apply some of Peat principles, my son improved. We successfully convinced them to stop the PPI and increase feeding and reduce water. They were surprised to see his calcium level normalize even with the increased milk. Peat is right. I see it everyday with my son.

Last edited:

Regina

One of the things I noticed from cortisol medication is that they literally reduce metabolism by seeing etCO2 number goes down right after the medication. Also when they do CBC test and renal function right after the cortisol dose, you can see bicarb go down (bicarb high means higher metabolism) and immune system low (absolute white blood cells, neutrophils, lymphocytes). When they give stress dose in times of infection, you can see body hair grow, which is not right for a kid. It messes up their good hormones like progesterone. Cortisol drugs are really bad for metabolism, immunity, hormones, and inflammation markers long term like CRP. When they give certain antiobiotics, his liver enzymes like ALT and AST go up, making the liver not function well and thus reduce T3 conversion from T4. Also, by giving 0.45% saline IV so the medication IV does not occlude, they are diluting his blood and making his sodium level down, which creates edema and low metabolism. Also, the high desmopressin dose was lowering his blood sodium and metabolism. By switching to 0.9% saline + 5% dextrose IV and reducing desmopressin, his sodium level normalized. I came to appreciate the benefits of sodium, magnesium, potassium, and calcium for general health as Peat mentioned many times in many of his articles and interviews. Cortisol does not produce favorite results for them. Upping the empty water and reducing milk and giving him PPI, they were harming him by increasing his PTH and calcium in the blood from his skeleton. They thought he was receiving a lot of calcium from his milk so that's why they kept decreasing the milk. But the PPI was not making him absorb the calcium from milk and it was the PTH which increased his calcium level. Whenever I pressure the medical team to apply some of Peat principles, my son improved. We successfully convinced them to stop the PPI and increase feeding and reduce water. They were surprised to see his calcium level normalize even with the increased milk. Peat is right. I see it everyday with my son.
Thanks for the update. Keep us posted.
:praying: :praying: :praying:

Jackson Chung

That’s great to hear! Peat was the master! So glad I learned from him. Wish I had sent him an email thanking him…at least I bought his Progesterone E.

It’s interesting how stupid the system is. And I believe it is worldwide? I remember you stating you are in the Middle East.

Maybe it was designed this way…to keep us down.

Your knowledge of the body is excellent by the way! Very impressive write up!

milk_lover

That’s great to hear! Peat was the master! So glad I learned from him. Wish I had sent him an email thanking him…at least I bought his Progesterone E.

It’s interesting how stupid the system is. And I believe it is worldwide? I remember you stating you are in the Middle East.

Maybe it was designed this way…to keep us down.

Your knowledge of the body is excellent by the way! Very impressive write up!
Yeah the western medicine is everywhere now including the middle east. Big profits they are generating for treating symptoms and causing issues somewhere else. Thanks for your kind words. I still have a lot to learn from Peat and the forum members here.

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I started off the week first thing Monday morning with an elderly debilitated patient that had been with us for 1.5 months who coded. We got her back and called the family in and they changed her code status to DNR. Within an hour her heart stopped again and the nurse practitioner asked the daughter if she was sure she didn’t want us to try CPR again?!?! I truly couldn’t believe it. This lady had been fighting for her life for a couple of months including her time in the short term acute care hospital on a ventilator, dialysis ect and right at a very difficult and gut wrenching time for her daughter (who was in the room when all this happened) our own staff put her on the spot and cast doubt on the families decision. It was unbelievable.

I ended the week today with the announcement that 5 managers had lost their jobs. No one knows what is going to happen next. Our company has 2 LTAC hospitals in the city so it looks like they might combine us into one. The managers from my hospital now have to manage both. One lady was with the company for 30 years and only 8 months away from retirement and lost her job. It’s horrible how poorly they treat employees. I have the least seniority because I left in the fall of 2020 after 10 years and did some other jobs-medical and non medical -until February of this year. I’ll be the first to go if they combine us and I’m actually praying that it happens tbh.

The patient I mentioned was also a person I followed in 2021 in her home because she had a home vent that she didn’t use. I can’t put into words the way she looked at me before she died. I was the one person there that morning that she knew and trusted the most. I wish she could have had a more peaceful and comfortable end surrounded by family instead of all the heroics. The look on her face haunts me because although she couldn’t speak she was communicating with me with her eyes. She was terrified and needed someone to comfort her and I wish I had been able to just hold her hands and tell her goodbye instead of doing chest compressions and putting her on a ventilator. She was a full code though and we had to honor what was in her chart as her wishes. What a terrible way to go through. The problem is that her situation is the rule and not the exception because we do a horrible job of being honest with people about end of life issues. Yes, I will miss her almost like my own family member.

I don’t know where I’m going with all of this and forgive my rambling but people do not have to go through all of this drama if we can just do a better job (in medicine) of being honest with people about their prognosis and the limits of what medicine can do for them in these situations. People put far too much faith in the medical system to their detriment and hospitals make a lot of money off futile situations like this one. So sad.

That’s one thing that I’ve always found so refreshing here. People generally don’t have that level of blind faith in the system and it gives me hope.

Regina

I started off the week first thing Monday morning with an elderly debilitated patient that had been with us for 1.5 months who coded. We got her back and called the family in and they changed her code status to DNR. Within an hour her heart stopped again and the nurse practitioner asked the daughter if she was sure she didn’t want us to try CPR again?!?! I truly couldn’t believe it. This lady had been fighting for her life for a couple of months including her time in the short term acute care hospital on a ventilator, dialysis ect and right at a very difficult and gut wrenching time for her daughter (who was in the room when all this happened) our own staff put her on the spot and cast doubt on the families decision. It was unbelievable.

I ended the week today with the announcement that 5 managers had lost their jobs. No one knows what is going to happen next. Our company has 2 LTAC hospitals in the city so it looks like they might combine us into one. The managers from my hospital now have to manage both. One lady was with the company for 30 years and only 8 months away from retirement and lost her job. It’s horrible how poorly they treat employees. I have the least seniority because I left in the fall of 2020 after 10 years and did some other jobs-medical and non medical -until February of this year. I’ll be the first to go if they combine us and I’m actually praying that it happens tbh.

The patient I mentioned was also a person I followed in 2021 in her home because she had a home vent that she didn’t use. I can’t put into words the way she looked at me before she died. I was the one person there that morning that she knew and trusted the most. I wish she could have had a more peaceful and comfortable end surrounded by family instead of all the heroics. The look on her face haunts me because although she couldn’t speak she was communicating with me with her eyes. She was terrified and needed someone to comfort her and I wish I had been able to just hold her hands and tell her goodbye instead of doing chest compressions and putting her on a ventilator. She was a full code though and we had to honor what was in her chart as her wishes. What a terrible way to go through. The problem is that her situation is the rule and not the exception because we do a horrible job of being honest with people about end of life issues. Yes, I will miss her almost like my own family member.

I don’t know where I’m going with all of this and forgive my rambling but people do not have to go through all of this drama if we can just do a better job (in medicine) of being honest with people about their prognosis and the limits of what medicine can do for them in these situations. People put far too much faith in the medical system to their detriment and hospitals make a lot of money off futile situations like this one. So sad.

That’s one thing that I’ve always found so refreshing here. People generally don’t have that level of blind faith in the system and it gives me hope.
Phew. That's so intense.
(I hope they fire you too. But I doubt anyone would let you go).

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Phew. That's so intense.
(I hope they fire you too. But I doubt anyone would let you go).
Thank you. We can always hope! The latest from my husband is that he thinks I should be able to make my exit by December. He did say not to worry though if I was downsized. :)

yerrag

All these years, weren't you glad you made great effort to learn from Peat? It is when you make yourself ready even before a crisis that you would know how to be a difference maker. Your son has a patient advocate in his father, who can speak on his behalf with intelligence and knowledge as well as some of Pat's wisdom (it gets to us by osmosis). I'm sure that your family looks up to you with a lot of respect even more now that they have someone whom they can listen to apart from the doctors. No medical degree, knowledgeable, and able to connect the dots that the doctors cannot. It's an invisible badge of honor! Deep respect!

milk_lover

All these years, weren't you glad you made great effort to learn from Peat? It is when you make yourself ready even before a crisis that you would know how to be a difference maker. Your son has a patient advocate in his father, who can speak on his behalf with intelligence and knowledge as well as some of Pat's wisdom (it gets to us by osmosis). I'm sure that your family looks up to you with a lot of respect even more now that they have someone whom they can listen to apart from the doctors. No medical degree, knowledgeable, and able to connect the dots that the doctors cannot. It's an invisible badge of honor! Deep respect!
Thanks for your kind words. Really appreciate it. We are trying our best, the mother is doing fantastic job with the nurses so we build trust between us and tell us everything that happen to our son. One day the RT lady heard some leakage from the ventilator so she informed the doctor at 2 am. So what did the doctor immediately do? Chest x-ray without informing me or the mother even though we told them they can’t do it without explaining the emergency behind it. We know how dangerous the radiation to the body cells. Guess what happened to his CRP the next day? It increased by 18 points without any infection symptoms and with normal PCT. So the mother started to question the nurse from the night shift. She told her about the xray and the doctors were super mad at her for informing us; they know we are against radiation. That perfectly explained the increase in CRP. Again, they said impossible. But Peat is right again. Radiation is a big stressor and cause general inflammation. Of course we made a big deal out of it so they don’t repeat it and they made a sign above his bed about informing us incase of xray. Most of the xrays are just for the money I think, they call it “routine” checkup. So the relationship my partner built with the nursing team is so helpful.

My partner trusts me from all the previous years when I bring her Peat wisdom and how that helped her personally deal with her high education degree, stress, pregnancy, kids etc. It was super sad for both of us what happened to our son and Peat death at the same time.

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@milk_lover :grouphug2
I’m so proud of you both. I know this is probably the most challenging and trying experience of your lives and I’m continuing to pray for your family. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

milk_lover

Wow I feel bad for the daughter and the mother.
@milk_lover :grouphug2
I’m so proud of you both. I know this is probably the most challenging and trying experience of your lives and I’m continuing to pray for your family. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
Good nurses like you are rare to find. If only you worked at our hospital hhhh

Jackson Chung

Thank you. We can always hope! The latest from my husband is that he thinks I should be able to make my exit by December. He did say not to worry though if I was downsized. :)

So I hear mistakes are one of the top leading causes of death/illness. Percentage wise, what percent of hospital staff would you trust with your life?

Have they gotten so used to the horrors that they don’t care anymore?

Peatful

So I hear mistakes are one of the top leading causes of death/illness. Percentage wise, what percent of hospital staff would you trust with your life?

Have they gotten so used to the horrors that they don’t care anymore?
I hope it’s ok I answer from my work hx.

On my floor
There was one maybe two max I would trust
And that’s because of our deep friendship
Not their skill set

No nurses
No doctors

Your presumption of being desensitized is mostly correct IME

And
Yes
I have seen death based on negligence
Stupidly
Or pride

Our cleaning lady was more therapeutic than the licensed staff…

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals