New Year's Resolutions

lindsay

First of all, happy new year everyone!! :D :woo

Second of all, I thought we could all benefit from a place to share our resolutions (or goal's) for 2015. Maybe it could be therapeutic or helpful.

So here are my only 3 goals that I really want to focus on in 2015:

1) I'm a photographer and one of the things I've stopped doing the past few years is picking up my camera every day and trying to find something interesting to photograph. Now my camera only gets touched when I have work or am traveling. So for 2015, I want to stimulate my brain by taking at least one photo every day when I can. I'm going to follow one of those silly 365 projects because I just need something to motivate me. I also want to play around with my old Lubitel film camera and see how it goes.

I think we sometimes forget that one of the important pathways to good health is not letting ourselves get bored (which can lead to feeling helpless). Maybe we could all use a little creative stimulation of the brain this 2015.

2) I've had two major surgeries the past two years - 2013 and 2014 basically beat my body to a pulp and it's been rough. For 2015, I just want to not have a surgery or any large medical issue. So I will raise a drink to not going under the knife in 2015.

3) Finally, I want to really try to focus on my Russian more and bring my language speaking skills to a better level. Time to start stimulating that part of the brain as well.

Happy New Year! Hope some of you feel like sharing your goals or resolutions for 2015. Cheers!

OP
lindsay

lindsay

Come on now! Does no one have goals for the New Year?? (I will omit the word "resolutions")

answersfound

Here's my one and only goal:

To consistently have a body temperature of 98.6 or higher, so I can start living my life. :eek:

OP
lindsay

lindsay

lookingforanswers said:

To consistently have a body temperature of 98.6 or higher, so I can start living my life. :eek:

How long have you been at this game? My body temp is pretty consistent now above 98.6, because I take Cynoplus, but it has hardly solved all my problems. I need a lot of extra supplements to help with that.

If you explain more your history, maybe this will be helpful to help you reach your goal. Or, if you've written it in another thread, you can point me there.

In any case, I wish you the best!! I can finally say that after 2 years of struggling, I'm finally getting to the place where I feel that I can live my life. But honestly, I didn't let my "condition" stop me previously. I've traveled more than most people in the past two years and it was those times where my mind was seeing new things and "exploring" and not being stuck in the mundane everyday life that I felt my best. So keep that in mind.

Dutchie

lindsay said:
Come on now! Does no one have goals for the New Year?? (I will omit the word "resolutions")

Personally I didn't make conscious resolutions/goals for this year,bc I get in this 'all or nothing'-mode which (at least in the past) leads ultimately to too much stress that I put upon myself.
It's actually a tricky thing bc on the one hand I like the competitiveness&action in trying to reach goals/resolutions and it helps me to get through days and feel like I'm moving on,but on the other hand I get carried away too much in it till the point where it's almost an obsession(&deprivation of other things/experiences) and 9 out of 10times I'm disappointed with the result anyway,even when I'd succeed for 99% I feel it's not good enough and I come down hard on myself.

So,sure there are things that I would like such as: getting&maintaining a certain physique,getting my financial situation under control and decreasing debts steadily instead of the up&down fluctuations etc. But I'm not gonna define a time-period to it,a starting date etc. I'm not even gonna call it goals,just to kinda play a mindtrick in trying to keep calm and not go overboard.:)

Your photo resolution is a great one.:) Back in the day I've done and tried to get into concertphotography,but eventually I gave up and other photography subjects never interested me. I still have my DSLR&lens though.
Maybe you can start some kind of photography log here,where you post a picture you made that/the previous day? (so you're sort of 'obligated' to take a daily picture.:))

Ben

My resolution for this year is only to get the message out to a lot of people worldwide that love and happiness come from within. To help me reach my goal, please read my articles in the link below and share them. Thanks!

answersfound

lindsay said:
lookingforanswers said:

How long have you been at this game? My body temp is pretty consistent now above 98.6, because I take Cynoplus, but it has hardly solved all my problems. I need a lot of extra supplements to help with that.

If you explain more your history, maybe this will be helpful to help you reach your goal. Or, if you've written it in another thread, you can point me there.

In any case, I wish you the best!! I can finally say that after 2 years of struggling, I'm finally getting to the place where I feel that I can live my life. But honestly, I didn't let my "condition" stop me previously. I've traveled more than most people in the past two years and it was those times where my mind was seeing new things and "exploring" and not being stuck in the mundane everyday life that I felt my best. So keep that in mind.

So Growing up I was always anxious and cold. But it was manageable. I got mono and that was my breaking point. Since it I've had memory loss, freezing cold, depression, and anxiety, fatigue, etc. I've known about peat for 2 years and sick for 4 years and have certainly seen some improvement, but I'm still not there. I finally decided to take nutri pak bovine thyroid a couple weeks ago, and much to my surprise, it hasn't done anything, and I actually feel worse. I take 1/4 of a grain with a meal and I feel awful and get an adrenaline response. I was so excited and thought this was the answer after reading broda barnes, and have seen zero improvement. The stop the thyroid madness people tell me I need adrenal support but I'm not buying it obviously. How could I be so sensitive to the thyroid? I'm 6ft 175 lbs 24 year old male and I read that broda barnes started toddlers on 1/4 grain. Can I please die already.

Kasra

Ben said:
My resolution for this year is only to get the message out to a lot of people worldwide that love and happiness come from within. To help me reach my goal, please read my articles in the link below and share them. Thanks!

It's great to see the homosexual community being represented in the Ray Peat infosphere.

Keep up the good work!

answersfound

Should I take the NDT with pregnenolone? I read that broda Barnes gave prednisone with the ndt in a small case of patients that responded negatively to ndt.

OP
lindsay

lindsay

lookingforanswers said:
So Growing up I was always anxious and cold. But it was manageable. I got mono and that was my breaking point. Since it I've had memory loss, freezing cold, depression, and anxiety, fatigue, etc. I've known about peat for 2 years and sick for 4 years and have certainly seen some improvement, but I'm still not there. I finally decided to take nutri pak bovine thyroid a couple weeks ago, and much to my surprise, it hasn't done anything, and I actually feel worse. I take 1/4 of a grain with a meal and I feel awful and get an adrenaline response. I was so excited and thought this was the answer after reading broda barnes, and have seen zero improvement. The stop the thyroid madness people tell me I need adrenal support but I'm not buying it obviously. How could I be so sensitive to the thyroid? I'm 6ft 175 lbs 24 year old male and I read that broda barnes started toddlers on 1/4 grain. Can I please die already.

The Mono could be a definitely rough point in your health endeavors - isn't that basically caused by Epstein Barr? You might want to contact RP directly and see if there is something you can do to help with this, since it never leaves your system (or at least that's what I recall hearing).

Regarding thyroid, my experience with NDT was that it didn't do anything. I took 4 grains of Thiroyd for about a month or two and it felt like I wasn't taking any thyroid at all, so I went back to Cynoplus, which I'm much happier with.

As for the adrenaline, this is common with all Thyroid supplements because it initially makes people sensitive to adrenaline. Most people usually counter it by eating more nutrient dense sugar - like OJ or other good quality juice. This has worked very well for me and I have no adrenal response to thyroid any longer (except for I regularly wake around 4 or 5 a.m. needing some sugars, so I drink OJ).

Don't give up - things will get better. You just have to keep truckin. There are people on here who have been able to heal themselves remarkably, but it DOES take time. I've gone through a lot of what you have following a surgery two years ago that really screwed up my health trajectory (well, except for the cold thing, but that's because I take 2 grains of Cynoplus in winter, which helps). The memory issues got better, as did many other things.

Jennifer

Lindsay, when you took NDT, did your TSH rise while on it? Also, if I may ask, which one were you taking?

OP
lindsay

lindsay

Jennifer said:
Lindsay, when you took NDT, did your TSH rise while on it? Also, if I may ask, which one were you taking?

Jennifer, unfortunately I haven't had a blood test in over a year because they are so pricey and I only took the stuff briefly this past summer - right before I got appendicitis actually. So I don't know what it did for TSH, but on 2 grains of Cynoplus, my blood test at the end of 2013 showed my TSH was close to zero. I took Thiroyd NDT this past summer, 2014. I had this feeling it wasn't doing much, but I tried to convince myself it was fine until I decided I'd rather go back to Cynoplus. Noticed the difference immediately.

Jennifer

Oh, okay! Thanks, Lindsay. My TSH is close to zero also, but I take WP Thyroid so maybe it works better than the Thiroyd. Out of curiosity, did you lose weight when starting thyroid supplementation?

OP
lindsay

lindsay

Jennifer said:
Oh, okay! Thanks, Lindsay. My TSH is close to zero also, but I take WP Thyroid so maybe it works better than the Thiroyd. Out of curiosity, did you lose weight when starting thyroid supplementation?

I'm not really sure if I lost weight. I think when I first started it over a year ago, I slimmed down a bit real quick - probably due to losing water weight. But then the thyroid dose sort of levels off and you can gain weight again. I mostly gauge my thyroid dosing by if I am retaining water. I had to go up to 2 grains again recently because the weather was making feel terrible. But in spring, I should be able to lower it again.

Jennifer

Okay, thanks! I do have a few quotes from Ray where he says that thyroid and progesterone aren't catabolic so I just wanted to double check on your experience with thyroid. I was trying to gage if I should drop the NDT because I got weighed at the doctors office Friday and I've lost 9 pounds since the beginning of December.

To not get off track from the thread's topic, my New Year's resolution is to not let my weight get below 100 pounds. :|

Kasra

^ If you wanna get fat, just eat a big bowl of this every day:
dg8Cb44.jpg

Jennifer

Yeah Kasra, I'd have my face planted in a tub of moose tracks right this very second if I could touch dairy. I've been going the chocolate bar route. I'm up to 3 a day. It's not working and I seriously hate chocolate now.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals