Experiences Working in Healthcare/Conventional Medical Field

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I was recently asked by a kind forum member if I had ever shared my experiences working in the medical field and my reasons for choosing to do so. I’ve never written about it in one place so I figured I’d start this thread. I think it would be fantastic if other healthcare/medical workers would also share their experiences since the more input we have the better.

An introduction:
At first glance it seems like an odd combination to be a medical worker and a Peat fan but I think my time in the medical field helped me appreciate his work more than I otherwise would have if I’d not seen the reality of mainstream medicine from the inside. My original interest in science and health was spurred by my own poor health growing up. In hindsight I’m sure it was due to undiagnosed hypothyroidism and celiac but doctors could never help (no surprise).

I’ve been in the healthcare since I was 19 (34 years) and my first job was as a tech at a doctors office while in college. I was originally going to get a biology degree but switched to the BSN program after having my daughter right before turning 21. I knew I needed to scrap the idea of graduate school after becoming a mother. A couple years into the nursing program (before clinicals started) my husband got a job transfer out of state so I had to change schools. After that disruption I learned it was going to be a wait to get into a comparable nursing program but that I could basically get right into clinicals for respiratory therapy and start working within a couple years so I made the switch. My thoughts at the time (and I still believe this) were that breathing is very important and I truly wanted to help people. I was pretty naïve though and this all happened in the 1990’s when the internet and sharing of information wasn’t like it is today so I truly had no understanding about the truth of our healthcare system.

It took about 3 years of working in hospitals to really start to grasp the reality of the situation. I might have caught on quicker if I hadn’t been working 12 hour nights but I was living in an exhausted fog with little time to reflect on what was going on around me. I was literally in survival mode going from one emergency to another in a level 1 trauma center and trying to get some sleep during the day. During this time I got sprayed with the fluid from a burn patient’s ventilator circuit. He had klebsiella pneumonia amongst other issues and the fluid drenched my face and got in my eyes, nose and mouth. Before that shift was over my lymph nodes had swollen up and I had a fever. Little did I know at the time but that incident would change my life forever. (Another tragedy is that around this time I knew I wanted out of the medical field so I asked my husband if I could go back to substitute teaching but he said no because we needed the money since we had 2 daughters to raise.) I ended up being on levaquin for 50 days after the exposure and the long story short is that when I was not getting well after 2 years I was diagnosed with CFS/ME which lasted 13 or so years. This situation sealed the deal for me on my perspective of conventional/mainstream medicine and it’s general worthless except in certain emergencies.

So I got into the field with the best of intentions and not knowing any better. I stayed for my family although I would have much preferred to be a housewife (or do any other type of work if necessary) and I truly believe that would have been better for everyone. I’ve learned a lot over the years of course and the most important takeaways for me are that mainstream medicine is usually not helpful, quite often harmful, to avoid the system to the greatest extent possible and that we need to do everything in our power to maintain our health.

That’s it for me for today on the subject. Thanks for reading and please share your experiences.

Michael Mohn

Thank you Blossom for your experience!
I hope you will add more to your story maybe later.
I took care of my Mom for 3 years when she had cancer and the inside into the medical industry I gain in that time made me very critical of medicine in general, including most alternative medicine and diet advice.

Peatful

I got into the medical field, in hindsight, because I needed healing
Coming from abuse and chaos

Ironic

Landed in an abusive and chaotic place professionally
Where I stayed and served my heart out
And personally gained more than I lost

It was like a long term mission trip I didn’t sign up for nor know I was on
But what I learned about the world
And about people
It’s been invaluable
And
Along with my upbringing
And ridiculously bad choices
It almost killed me

I got out when I became ill
In my 40’s

It served me well
And - I served it well
But
I healed
And have completely moved on

My one daughter is very interested in following my footsteps

Over my dead body….

My old coworkers and friends that stayed
Miserable

I don’t care if you are a clinician, practitioner or assisting staff
You are a slave in the system
And if you care and try to be a conduit of change
You slowly kill yourself
It’s a monster
Big business at its worst
With the most vulnerable customers

I applaud those who still serve with integrity
They have my greatest respect

We don’t need letters behind our names, lab coats, credentials or name badges to serve
We all can be a healing force for others

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Peatful, I feel largely the same. It’s somewhat hard to talk about at times when you’re still in the thick of it but one thing is for certain-it’s a killer especially if you’re a caring and compassionate person.

Peatful

@Peatful, I feel largely the same. It’s somewhat hard to talk about at times when you’re still in the thick of it but one thing is for certain-it’s a killer especially if you’re a caring and compassionate person.
Respect

akgrrrl

Thankyou for your story Blossom, and especially how one's life can be changed in an instant!
Medical is fraught with dichotomy for certain. While experiences with ourselves and our circles, history and the obvious flaws beg our resistance, nowhere else can we get trauma care and sewup surgeries. Then there are the tests, lifesaving some, so identification can proceed with treatment wherever. I know a man working a skilled position, who went blind quickly from glaucoma. His distrust for even an exam led to near-sudden blindness and utter downgrade of everything in life, while a simple procedure done millions of times could have been his salvation.
Even just imaging can be lifesaving, but not accessible unless you enter the system...it is the ultimate conundrum where the decision can affect many, not just the self.
Mad respect for your path Blossom.

yerrag

Thankyou for your story Blossom, and especially how one's life can be changed in an instant!
Medical is fraught with dichotomy for certain. While experiences with ourselves and our circles, history and the obvious flaws beg our resistance, nowhere else can we get trauma care and sewup surgeries. Then there are the tests, lifesaving some, so identification can proceed with treatment wherever. I know a man working a skilled position, who went blind quickly from glaucoma. His distrust for even an exam led to near-sudden blindness and utter downgrade of everything in life, while a simple procedure done millions of times could have been his salvation.
Even just imaging can be lifesaving, but not accessible unless you enter the system...it is the ultimate conundrum where the decision can affect many, not just the self.
Mad respect for your path Blossom.
It certainly is helpful to know that to know your enemy, you have to have them close to you. Being inside that complex lets you know their flaws, as well as some good in them, and be able to use it to your advantage. Having vowed never to set foot in a hospital after seeing how the system cared for my parents in their twilight years, going in and out of the hospital, I recently had to check into an ER just because I needed oxygen due to a breathing problem. But then I declined being when I got my oxygen and a chest x-ray. i went home to figure out how to treat myself, even though I have no experience in dealing with bronchitis and its downstream effects on my health. That was two months ago, and only now am I on a turnaround. Earlier tries were mostly hit and miss, but that's the nature of the beast. When you stop relying on doctors for opinions and treatment, there is a lot of trepidation. You can go terribly wrong, and one mistake is all you need, and your friends and family would be saying at your wake what a waste if only he had listened to the doctors.

I guess that is a risk that I am willing to take. It's like being the captain of a ship in treacherous seas. It's not easy. But it's easier when you're not alone, as you have a crew. and RPF is like your crew in this sea of madness. Not a perfect crew. And that's why a captain is needed, as imperfectly trained we are as captains.

Still, I do not want a typical conventional doctor as the captain of my vessel, as trained and decorated as he is with diplomas and certifications earned on trips to leisure resorts a la symposiums. I don't need no designer pills that only being in their insurance system can cover. I need solutions that would restore my own biology to that which God has given me from birth. And I want to develop a better version of me as the body is poised to be, absent the man-made medical constructs we were programmed by the education system to hold as truths.

To that end, I applaud @Blossom for being in the system, and knowing it, and sharing her experience with us. And @Peatful as well. And to each of us, I offer you my comradeship as you claim and earn your stars as being the captain of your own ship. Remember to navigate wisely.

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@yerrag, I love the way you phrased it as captains of our own ships! I’m thrilled you were able to navigate through an ER visit and come out unscathed. It’s a tricky situation, not without risks and takes a lot of discernment. I’m sure you’re much better off than many people would be because you’ve devoted the time and effort in educating yourself and improving your health.

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
His distrust for even an exam led to near-sudden blindness and utter downgrade of everything in life, while a simple procedure done millions of times could have been his salvation.
I’m so sorry to hear that happened. There’s definitely a delicate balance in making medical decisions and all of us will have some of those to make eventually especially as age related issues arise. Ultimately we have to respect peoples choices about what interventions they want/don’t want even if we don’t agree. That’s why I think it’s important for each of us as individuals to think about these things and do our research in advance even though we don’t like to. We can’t prepare in ahead of time for every possible scenario of course but it’s good to plan the best we can anyway.

milk_lover

Thanks for sharing @Blossom. I am dealing with the medical system the past 7 months or so with my son (he is in a coma after a drowning accident). So stressful how they deal with him. You really see the weak basis they build their theories on. It's like they don't know how the human cell works. 95% of their medicines are harmful. Prednisone, cortisol, desmopressin, acetaminophen, new generation antiobiotics, water pills, Neupogen, Norepinephrine, salbutamol, budesonide, 0.45% normal saline iv, toxic feeding, toxic "fiber", you name it. If you mention vitamin or mineral, they laugh at you. They almost killed him three or four times already. Whenever I get a call from them, my gut sinks. Very stressful dealing with the arrogant medical people. I fight with them everyday. But the good thing is all the ***t they are doing validate Peat work every day. Whenever I apply any of Peat principles, things move in the right direction. Pray for him and for my family. We are in a literal battle with the hospital staff as they are slaves to "protocols".

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Pray for him and for my family. We are in a literal battle with the hospital staff as they are slaves to "protocols".
Most Definitely! I’m really sorry you and your family are dealing with this tragedy. It’s a bad situation because staff including doctors basically have their hands tied and if they don’t follow protocols they risk losing their job and license. It’s usually not the people we meet face to face in the hospital that are making up the rules and protocols but higher up executives (who also make all the money)! They can still be very authoritarian because most are convinced they are doing the right thing. I’ll definitely pray for his recovery and that he will be released to home soon where you and your wife can take good care of him.

Jackson Chung

Thanks for sharing @Blossom. I am dealing with the medical system the past 7 months or so with my son (he is in a coma after a drowning accident). So stressful how they deal with him. You really see the weak basis they build their theories on. It's like they don't know how the human cell works. 95% of their medicines are harmful. Prednisone, cortisol, desmopressin, acetaminophen, new generation antiobiotics, water pills, Neupogen, Norepinephrine, salbutamol, budesonide, 0.45% normal saline iv, toxic feeding, toxic "fiber", you name it. If you mention vitamin or mineral, they laugh at you. They almost killed him three or four times already. Whenever I get a call from them, my gut sinks. Very stressful dealing with the arrogant medical people. I fight with them everyday. But the good thing is all the ***t they are doing validate Peat work every day. Whenever I apply any of Peat principles, things move in the right direction. Pray for him and for my family. We are in a literal battle with the hospital staff as they are slaves to "protocols".

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I know it is difficult. But would you mind sharing more? Their screw ups and validation of Peat principles?

It will only help people here.

Thank you and god bless you! Best of luck with your son! Bioenergetics is the way!

Jackson Chung

I was recently asked by a kind forum member if I had ever shared my experiences working in the medical field and my reasons for choosing to do so. I’ve never written about it in one place so I figured I’d start this thread. I think it would be fantastic if other healthcare/medical workers would also share their experiences since the more input we have the better.

An introduction:
At first glance it seems like an odd combination to be a medical worker and a Peat fan but I think my time in the medical field helped me appreciate his work more than I otherwise would have if I’d not seen the reality of mainstream medicine from the inside. My original interest in science and health was spurred by my own poor health growing up. In hindsight I’m sure it was due to undiagnosed hypothyroidism and celiac but doctors could never help (no surprise).

I’ve been in the healthcare since I was 19 (34 years) and my first job was as a tech at a doctors office while in college. I was originally going to get a biology degree but switched to the BSN program after having my daughter right before turning 21. I knew I needed to scrap the idea of graduate school after becoming a mother. A couple years into the nursing program (before clinicals started) my husband got a job transfer out of state so I had to change schools. After that disruption I learned it was going to be a wait to get into a comparable nursing program but that I could basically get right into clinicals for respiratory therapy and start working within a couple years so I made the switch. My thoughts at the time (and I still believe this) were that breathing is very important and I truly wanted to help people. I was pretty naïve though and this all happened in the 1990’s when the internet and sharing of information wasn’t like it is today so I truly had no understanding about the truth of our healthcare system.

It took about 3 years of working in hospitals to really start to grasp the reality of the situation. I might have caught on quicker if I hadn’t been working 12 hour nights but I was living in an exhausted fog with little time to reflect on what was going on around me. I was literally in survival mode going from one emergency to another in a level 1 trauma center and trying to get some sleep during the day. During this time I got sprayed with the fluid from a burn patient’s ventilator circuit. He had klebsiella pneumonia amongst other issues and the fluid drenched my face and got in my eyes, nose and mouth. Before that shift was over my lymph nodes had swollen up and I had a fever. Little did I know at the time but that incident would change my life forever. (Another tragedy is that around this time I knew I wanted out of the medical field so I asked my husband if I could go back to substitute teaching but he said no because we needed the money since we had 2 daughters to raise.) I ended up being on levaquin for 50 days after the exposure and the long story short is that when I was not getting well after 2 years I was diagnosed with CFS/ME which lasted 13 or so years. This situation sealed the deal for me on my perspective of conventional/mainstream medicine and it’s general worthless except in certain emergencies.

So I got into the field with the best of intentions and not knowing any better. I stayed for my family although I would have much preferred to be a housewife (or do any other type of work if necessary) and I truly believe that would have been better for everyone. I’ve learned a lot over the years of course and the most important takeaways for me are that mainstream medicine is usually not helpful, quite often harmful, to avoid the system to the greatest extent possible and that we need to do everything in our power to maintain our health.

That’s it for me for today on the subject. Thanks for reading and please share your experiences.

My father had nephrotic syndrome for about 13 years. Looking back the medicines that the doctor gave him (steroids, statins, nexium and blood pressure medicine) I found out we’re harmful for the kidneys and in the long term caused the disease they were treating (chronic kidney disease and nephrotic syndrome). Madness. Even before peat, I bought 100 dollars worth of supplements and his disease was gone.

May I ask how you cured your CFS? What did you do?

Korven

That was an excellent read @Blossom , much in line with my own experience.

I did spend a few years in med school but due to me getting sick, and my growing disillusionment with the medical system, I decided to take a break and most likely will not finish up my degree. I had some vague hope of being able to do some good within the system but that was just me being naïve. There is no room for physicians to use their own discernment in what treatments should be used, you either follow the rules and procedures and guidelines or you get your license revoked.

I could write for hours about the stupidity within the medical system but in short: No one is getting truly better, most medicines cause more harm than good.

And quite frankly, doctors are really ignorant and dense. I don't know if it's the way the education is set up (brainwashing), common traits in "good students", lack of critical thinking, groupthink etc, but I felt like my peers lacked the ability to question ANYTHING. E.g. when the covid vaccines rolled out, I was the only one who questioned their safety and efficacy.

Maybe @CLASH and @Sulcuscentralis also want to share your experiences?

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
bought 100 dollars worth of supplements and his disease was gone.

May I ask how you cured your CFS? What did you do?
Amazing, that’s absolutely fantastic!
I’d estimate that going gluten free resolved it by about 75%. I found Peat’s work a couple years later and unknowingly dramatically reduced dietary oxalates and started self treating my hypothyroidism which basically took care of the remaining CFS symptoms. I think mine was primarily due to the gut and collateral damage from being floxed. It was really Divine intervention with a possible sprinkling of dumb luck because I had no idea what I was doing. I just refused to give up.

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Korven, I’m so happy you were able to get out before getting in too deep. Many aren’t so lucky. I do wonder how many people in the medical field choose to put on blinders and ignore the reality of what’s going on around them? There seems to be a few people I’ve worked with that “know” but like me for whatever reason can’t make an exit yet so they just plod along each day doing their best for people while knowing it’s not going to help much-if at all. It’s the harmful aspects of the treatments and interventions that I think many patients and workers truly don’t recognize. It does seem like the covid fiasco has started to finally wake more people up though.

Korven

@Korven, I’m so happy you were able to get out before getting in too deep. Many aren’t so lucky. I do wonder how many people in the medical field choose to put on blinders and ignore the reality of what’s going on around them? There seems to be a few people I’ve worked with that “know” but like me for whatever reason can’t make an exit yet so they just plod along each day doing their best for people while knowing it’s not going to help much-if at all. It’s the harmful aspects of the treatments and interventions that I think many patients and workers truly don’t recognize. It does seem like the covid fiasco has started to finally wake more people up though.

Yes I am super grateful that I was able to get out. I realize that not everyone is so fortunate, especially not in the US with having to pay off massive student loans. I guess that may be one factor why many choose to stay in the medical field (despite wanting to switch careers)? It must have been unimaginably hard for you to continue working while being fully aware of the harm done to patients. It can easily lead one to become cynical and burnt-out... I wasn't even in it for too long and started feeling depressed about the prospect of working as a doctor.

Peatful

Unimaginable
I can’t imagine your stress. Your lives now. Your heart.

Mercy on this child
May the Holy Spirit Himself breathe the breath of Life into him

It’s a bad situation because staff including doctors basically have their hands tied and if they don’t follow protocols they risk losing their job and license. It’s usually not the people we meet face to face in the hospital that are making up the rules and protocols but higher up executives (who also make all the money)! They can still be very authoritarian because most are convinced they are doing the right thing
iME you are being way too kind here unfortunately.

The levels of pride and ignorance and downright “frustration” I saw was despicable

No excuses for what I’ve witnessed

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
@milk_lover What a stressful and horrible time for you and your family. I hope he can wake from the coma soon and continue being young and happy.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals