"Bulldog Nurse"--passionate comment on Covid, nursing, and the medical establishment

Lilac

I will link the video this comment came from below.

"Nurse since '72 here. I was present for a good bit of 'the change.' Working in a hospital when I first graduated was worlds away from what it's like now. I used to actually bathe people and wash their hair when they couldn't get out of bed. A nurse would never do that now. It's beneath us now and no one cares that a shower and clean hair actually makes a patient feel so much better that they get out of bed quicker. (To this day, when anyone in my family gets sick, they are in the tub as soon as they even begin to get well and all the linens are changed. I think there's bad energy in a sick bed and the pajamas you wore to fight and win the internal battle.) I used to walk with patients post-op. It didn't occur to me to have an aide do it, because if you walk the halls with someone you find out how weak or strong they are; you can assess their breathing capacity; you can see the color of their lips when they are winded; you can evaluate their balance. Most importantly, you give them a sense of security, because you give them your attention and talk to them and LISTEN to them, and they know you care. It helps people get well faster, but no one will ever do a study to prove that. It's not profiable for nurses to be indispensable. By the time I started my decades in ER/Trauma, I was swimming upstream in a polluted corporate profit above all else system, Spending time with people in the throes of some of the most frightening and painful events of their lives does not increase profits. I was handed printouts of the number of patients I interacted with (via billing codes) and how long they were in the ER. My job, to my manager, was to get them in and out as quickly as possible, no matter what event they were trying to figure out how to live through. I'd been a nurse a long time. I had a lot of tricks up my sleeve that could make their adjustment easier; make the procedures less painful; allow them to need fewer medications. But none of that mattered anymore. Drug them to quiet them, get the tests run and done. Don't take more than a few minutes to give discharge information and bring the next person in. That is profitable, and that's what's rewarded. I worked night shifts way past when I was too senior to have to because the patient census was lower and the administrators and managers were around, Night shift nurses have power, because no one wants to work that shift, you have to be self-sufficient to work when all the ancillary departments are closed and you have to to a lot of extra jobs day shift people don't, so they ignore a lot of rules and the managers are afraid to piss them off, so they let it slide.

"I have my own Covid DNR I created that specifies what they legally can and cannot do to me, should I accidentally end up in a hospital. I shared it with whoever wanted it. It might be what got me banned from Twitter, because they still won't allow me back, even after Elon. I should brush it off and update it to fit the current times and put it someplace where people could find it. I keep mine next to my bed and on my fridge - two places paramedics are trained to look for medical information. No remdesivir for me and no permission to give me anything without approval from my assigned bulldog nurse friend who will fight for me. Everyone needs a feisty nurse on their healthcare power of attorney forms now, so that the nurse can legally talk to everyone and get treatment information so the killer ones can be declined. There are even groups around to help extricate you from a hospital in an ambulance if the power of attorney person decides you are no longer safe in the hospital. I should probably start a business called "Bulldog Nurses," or maybe something even stronger.
"Sorry for the long stream-of-consciousness. You got me thinking about stepping forward again. I didn't think it would be necessary anymore, but it's looking like it will for a year or two more, sadly."

Here's the video (Remarque88 at Bitchute) where you can find this comment:

View: https://www.bitchute.com/video/r6Tm893oqOVq/

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thank you for sharing this @Lilac. What she says about night shift is so true. I was taught by the fire department here to keep advanced directives in a ziplock bag in the freezer for the paramedics so pretty close! I’ve also noticed a big change in hospitals since the late 90’s so I’m sure for her it’s been even more dramatic.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals