New Year's Resolutions

OP
lindsay

lindsay

Jennifer said:
Looks like someone is sticking to one of her New Year's resolutions. I'm loving your avatar photos, Lindsay! :)

Thanks!! Yes, I've been consistent - right now I have time, so it's been easy, but in the coming months it will be more difficult. How are you feeling these days?

Jennifer

lindsay said:
Jennifer said:
Looks like someone is sticking to one of her New Year's resolutions. I'm loving your avatar photos, Lindsay! :)

Thanks!! Yes, I've been consistent - right now I have time, so it's been easy, but in the coming months it will be more difficult. How are you feeling these days?
I'm doing okay. Thanks for asking! :)

My digestion is good, but the brain fog returned when I started binging on dairy so I need to talk to my doctor about possibly upping the Minocycline dose.

OP
lindsay

lindsay

Jennifer said:
lindsay said:
Jennifer said:

My digestion is good, but the brain fog returned when I started binging on dairy so I need to talk to my doctor about possibly upping the Minocycline dose.

Glad to hear!! But just out of curiosity, what do you feel when you say brain fog?? This is one thing I don't feel often, but I also drink a ton of espresso, which might be why..... do you drink coffee?

Jennifer

lindsay said:
Jennifer said:
lindsay said:
Jennifer said:

Glad to hear!! But just out of curiosity, what do you feel when you say brain fog?? This is one thing I don't feel often, but I also drink a ton of espresso, which might be why..... do you drink coffee?
For me, the brain fog is like looking through a haze/fog and even sound is a bit muffled. Like having a congested head with this lightheaded spacey feeling, basically out of it and feel like I could just drop anywhere and fall asleep. I started drinking coffe, but it hasn't helped. I know when I was on the high dose of Neomycin the first time around, the brain fog lifted within a day so that's why I'm thinking the infection is the source of it.

OP
lindsay

lindsay

Jennifer said:
lindsay said:
Jennifer said:
lindsay said:
Jennifer said:

For me, the brain fog is like looking through a haze/fog and even sound is a bit muffled. Like having a congested head with this lightheaded spacey feeling, basically out of it and feel like I could just drop anywhere and fall asleep. I started drinking coffe, but it hasn't helped. I know when I was on the high dose of Neomycin the first time around, the brain fog lifted within a day so that's why I'm thinking the infection is the source of it.

Interesting. I guess I do have that - but related to sinus issues. I have one narrow ear canal that doesn't properly drain fluid, so if I don't drink coffee and take one daily Sudafed 12 hour (which I've actually cut back on), my ears will get so clogged it makes my head dizzy. Weather changes and air humidity also can affect this. I've noticed in winter, the heat being on causes all kinds of troubles for me. I wonder if part of it has to do with winter? Apparently, things which trigger adrenaline (like Sudafed and coffee) help to keep sinuses clear.

Jennifer

lindsay said:
Interesting. I guess I do have that - but related to sinus issues. I have one narrow ear canal that doesn't properly drain fluid, so if I don't drink coffee and take one daily Sudafed 12 hour (which I've actually cut back on), my ears will get so clogged it makes my head dizzy. Weather changes and air humidity also can affect this. I've noticed in winter, the heat being on causes all kinds of troubles for me. I wonder if part of it has to do with winter? Apparently, things which trigger adrenaline (like Sudafed and coffee) help to keep sinuses clear.
That makes sense. Sinus issues will cause that stuffed up head and I'd imagine the fluid in the air canal can mess up your equilibrium. I hiked with a girl who was deaf in one ear and she had a hard time with her balance and would get dizzy.

With me, the brain fog is the same no matter what season. This has only been since doing the fruitarian diet and fracturing. I imagine I got the infection while doing the diet and my immune system became too weak to fight it off.

OP
lindsay

lindsay

Jennifer said:
With me, the brain fog is the same no matter what season. This has only been since doing the fruitarian diet and fracturing. I imagine I got the infection while doing the diet and my immune system became too weak to fight it off.

Gotcha. I wonder if you have a low-grade ear infection or something? If you are feeling it in your head, I would imagine it might be Ear-nose-and-throat related..... especially since one antibiotic worked well for it, and not another.

I just made that immune boosting concoction I mentioned - the one made with garlic, onion, turmeric, horseradish, ginger, etc. I have to let it sit for two weeks, but then you strain it and drink the Apple cider vinegar that has absorbed all the enzymes. If it works well, I will let you know - it seemed better than eating raw garlic on it's own :)

Jennifer

lindsay said:
Jennifer said:

Gotcha. I wonder if you have a low-grade ear infection or something? If you are feeling it in your head, I would imagine it might be Ear-nose-and-throat related..... especially since one antibiotic worked well for it, and not another.

I just made that immune boosting concoction I mentioned - the one made with garlic, onion, turmeric, horseradish, ginger, etc. I have to let it sit for two weeks, but then you strain it and drink the Apple cider vinegar that has absorbed all the enzymes. If it works well, I will let you know - it seemed better than eating raw garlic on it's own :)
Haha! Yeah, the raw garlic on its own is rough!

But yeah, please let me know how that concoction works. I've been putting tea tree and coconut oil in my ears because they've been crackling for years now which is one of the reasons why I kept telling my doctors that I thought I had some kind of viral infection. Hopefully, the Minocycline clears this up. One thing I can say is it works wonders for the skin. I can't believe how soft my skin has become and it's been so nice to have dairy again and not have to worry about getting the rash. I happened to look in the mirror last night while brushing my teeth and was taken aback by how pale my skin is. I guess I got use to the redness in my face and forgot how fair my skin is naturally. I seriously need to book that trip to Bora Bora for some sun. LOL

OP
lindsay

lindsay

Jennifer said:

But yeah, please let me know how that concoction works. I've been putting tea tree and coconut oil in my ears because they've been crackling for years now which is one of the reasons why I kept telling my doctors that I thought I had some kind of viral infection. Hopefully, the Minocycline clears this up. One thing I can say is it works wonders for the skin. I can't believe how soft my skin has become and it's been so nice to have dairy again and not have to worry about getting the rash. I happened to look in the mirror last night while brushing my teeth and was taken aback by how pale my skin is. I guess I got use to the redness in my face and forgot how fair my skin is naturally. I seriously need to book that trip to Bora Bora for some sun. LOL

Will do!! I'm excited (and not excited) to try it :) I have high hopes for what it can do, but not for the flavor - the directions said it can be very tough to swallow (probably on account of the hot peppers - my fingers were burning all day after cutting them up!)

I know what you mean about the crackling ears - I get the same thing, but it's definitely affected by weather, dust, etc. How does the tea tree oil work? I felt like I was getting an ear infection awhile back and took oregano oil tablets, which did help, but only so long as I took them. Part of the reason I'm so drawn to garlic is that every time I eat it raw (like in salsa or something), it clears my sinuses right out.

Glad to hear you aren't getting a rash now!! Enjoy this month on the antibiotics - I could eat anything while I was taking them :) Not so much after they were finished. But I know what you mean about the rash - I would get red spots on my eyelids before my appendicitis. My skin has been totally clear since I had it removed and took antibiotics - I'm beginning to think my eczema was just related to digestive issues all along! If only I could stop those darn little broken blood vessels from happening.....

And I hear you - I'm ready for some sunshine too!! Going to an island somewhere definitely sounds nice :)

Jennifer

lindsay said:
Jennifer said:

Will do!! I'm excited (and not excited) to try it :) I have high hopes for what it can do, but not for the flavor - the directions said it can be very tough to swallow (probably on account of the hot peppers - my fingers were burning all day after cutting them up!)

I know what you mean about the crackling ears - I get the same thing, but it's definitely affected by weather, dust, etc. How does the tea tree oil work? I felt like I was getting an ear infection awhile back and took oregano oil tablets, which did help, but only so long as I took them. Part of the reason I'm so drawn to garlic is that every time I eat it raw (like in salsa or something), it clears my sinuses right out.

Glad to hear you aren't getting a rash now!! Enjoy this month on the antibiotics - I could eat anything while I was taking them :) Not so much after they were finished. But I know what you mean about the rash - I would get red spots on my eyelids before my appendicitis. My skin has been totally clear since I had it removed and took antibiotics - I'm beginning to think my eczema was just related to digestive issues all along! If only I could stop those darn little broken blood vessels from happening.....

And I hear you - I'm ready for some sunshine too!! Going to an island somewhere definitely sounds nice :)
Ooh...yeah, that sounds spicy and a bit strong to get down. I imagine it will definitely clear the nasal passages.

The tea tree/coconut oil mix works pretty well. It definitely clears out my ears. I actually used coconut oil in Cricket's ears back when I thought she had an infection and it drew all the black gunk out. I got the idea from my grandmother. When the kids had ear infections or ear aches, she use to warm up some oil and put it in their ears, plug it up with a cotton ball and leave it there to work its magic. It did too!

Hopefully, my gut will stay functioning well even after the Minocycline. If I can just get back to where I was before my fruitarian escapade, I should be good. :)

DarrylC24

New Year's resolution: Gonna stay here for a while to learn more about raypeat's diet and some helpful tips.

4peatssake

DarrylC24 said:
New Year's resolution: Gonna stay here for a while to learn more about raypeat's diet and some helpful tips.
:welcome2 to the forum DarrylC24

4peatssake

DarrylC24 said:
Thanks 4peatssake
Ha! Just replied to your hello on Meet and Greet too! :lol:

OP
lindsay

lindsay

DarrylC24 said:

Welcome to the forum :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals