My Prediction For The United States Presidential Election, 2016, Plus The Harshest Peat Quote Ever

I will not be voting as no current candidate is suitable for me but here's my prediction nonetheless:

The "Super Tuesday" primaries on March 1, 2016 will sum it up. Assuming that either one of them don't have any dirty laundry that squeaks out, Trump will win the Republican nomination and Clinton will win the Democratic nomination. On November 8, 2016, Clinton will win the election. She will win the same states Obama won both times with the exceptions of Virginia, Indiana and North Carolina. (Obama lost IN and NC in 2012 but still won VA) Remember, it's the purple states that matter. Clinton will win Florida, Iowa, Colorado, and Ohio. Even if Trump takes Virginia and Indiana, and NC, it's still not enough for him to win the election. As far as their VP's, I don't think it matters much. Sanders will not win the Democratic nomination. If he's her VP, it's irrelevant.

I think it's an absolute joke that Donald Trump, the guy from the reality TV show from over a decade ago "The Apprentice" is the GOP's nominee. If you had told people back then that in 2016 he will be the nominee you would have been laughed out of the room. Now it's real. It's quite frightening actually. Trump's not smart enough to be the commander in chief, to have the power to start wars at the push of a button. Imagine Trump sitting and talking with Putin and Jinping. What a joke. He inherited his money. Trump represents a fleeting culture. He's a good ol' American, 1950's style, when the US was the empire of the world. He just makes middle-aged and elderly white people, and some pro-white non-whites, feel better about themselves. He's the Hulk Hogan, Taylor Swift, McDonalds and all-American Apple Pie superhero with a bit of old school wannabe NYC gangster thrown in. But, Hillary ain't no day at the beach either. I'm not happy with the reality of both her or Trump being president. They both suck.

You will try to paint me as a leftist, but I assure you, I am not a leftist. I no longer consider myself a leftist after what these crazy people have done with liberalism:

"Illiberal Progressives"

And I'm certainly not a conservative in the current form as well. They think that the only 6,000 year old Earth is theirs to rape and pillage for all of its dwindling resources, among many other stupid things. That's not conservative at all.

Ray Peat gets it. We keep electing people that are not addressing and acting on the real issues:

Q: "In consideration of all the things that diminish health and our well-being such as adulteration of the food supply, oppressive schooling, stressful jobs, stressful relationships, Wi-Fi, exposure to radiation, pesticides, not getting enough light, vaccinations, water pollution, air pollution, noise pollution, low carb diets, over-exercising, drugs, hectic schedules … essentially a slew of things that human beings have never faced before en masse, what is the world going to look like in ten years in terms of the toll on the population from all these stressors?"

A: "If we extrapolate the curves for Alzheimer’s disease and obesity, it looks very bad, but things could change quickly if people shifted their energy from destructive to constructive ends. If people who refuse to talk about the real issues keep getting elected, then maybe the US population will become too fat and too stupid to keep destroying the world, setting an example for the other “advanced” countries." - Ray Peat

:shock: Harshest Peat quote ever (the part in red).

http://raypeatinsight.com/2015/01/29/or ... -ray-peat/

"In a society that chooses to destroy ecosystems, rather than adapting to them, the question of sanity should be an everyday political issue." - Ray Peat

By the way, to all of you Trump lovers on here lately, look at Peat's answer to question number 7 on that page. An endormsent of the Occupy movement by Peat...Trump is Wall Street.

Here's what my prediction map looks like:

Make your own at: 2016 Presidential Election Interactive Map

Last edited:

Parsifal

Thank you Westside, by posting the RP insight link I think that maybe people will now begin to think a bit more about the current situation.

We live in a plutocracy and I advise people to read these links if they want to learn and understand more (why there is a national debt, such a high rate of unemployment, deficit spending, etc, and why professional politicians will never do anything to get out of it): http://personalliberty.com/the-federal- ... -c-sutton/
http://www.monetary.org/the-1930s-chica ... ct/2009/08

Matt1951

More dirt will come out on Hillary, especially 1) funding of the Clinton Foundation and 2) Bill, who is now campaigning for Hillary.
It will be evident by November that the US economy is in sharp decline. Democrats can only win if Bernie Sanders is their nominee.
Trump or Cruz will take Ohio and Nevada for sure. The Republican will be the next President if Hillary is the nominee. Whoever the next President is, they will not solve the economic problems the US faces, and will be a failed President.

Interesting, but how can we slip in some starch consumption advocacy into all this? And some fat bashing if we have time :smug

Daimyo

Such_Saturation said:
post 117737
Interesting, but how can we slip in some starch consumption advocacy into all this? And some fat bashing if we have time :smug

I don't understand how you can't see that they eat a lot of starch, meat and PUFAs (hot dogs for example), so they have high serotonin and low metabolism. Hence aggression/authoritarianism.

Last edited by a moderator:
Daimyo said:
post 117745
Such_Saturation said:
post 117737

I don't understand how you can't see that they eat a lot of starch, meat and PUFAs (hot dogs for example), so they have high serotonin and low metabolism. Hence aggression/authoritarianism.

Indeed I don't get it, I'm already adding little smileys and going miles out of my normal ways on this forum... But I can only agree with you.

narouz

Westside PUFAs said:
"In a society that chooses to destroy ecosystems, rather than adapting to them, the question of sanity should be an everyday political issue." - Ray Peat

By the way, to all of you Trump lovers on here lately, look at Peat's answer to question number 7 on that page. An endormsent of the Occupy movement by Peat...Trump is Wall Street.

Westy, you--like Dean over in the other Trump thread--say liberalism/progressivism sucks.
Well, there are plenty of problems, disappointments, weaknesses, sure.
But being reasonable about the situation
rather than throwing a juvenile hissy fit
and saying "everything sucks"...

...it should be clear, from a Peat standpoint, that liberalism/progressivism
is way way way ahead of Trump and the Republicans and the Libertarians (falsely claimed by many here as Peatish).

Just look at what you call Peat's harshest statement above:

Can you imagine a Republican or Libertarian or Trump saying something like that
and really putting their money where there mouth is in terms of doing something about it?
Repubs, Libertarians, Trump are all climate change deniers.
Well...they may allow it is changing, but say there's nothing we can do about it
(because to do something about it would just be The Secret Jewish World Government taking over the world :lol: )

Lots of problems with liberalism/progressivism.
Lots of weaknesses with the candidates from that side.
But still: they are clearly better and more Peatian than the Repub, Libertarian offerings and Trump especially.

Do not let the perfect be the enemy of the good.
Do not even let the better be the enemy of the full retard (Trump).

Ideonaut

Westside PUFAs said:
post 117723 Trump's not smart enough to be the commander in chief,
This assertion has nothing to do with reality. IQ of around 160, Wharton school of business graduate, turned a loan from his old man into $10 billion and manages to hang on to the money--that's evidence of smarts, including great negotiating skills, not to mention running a phenomenally successful campaign with minimal expenditure. I suggest magnesium and thyroid to get your brain working better, Westsidepufa.

narouz

brumpfschmlog said:
post 117758
Westside PUFAs said:
post 117723 Trump's not smart enough to be the commander in chief,
This assertion has nothing to do with reality. IQ of around 160, Wharton school of business graduate, turned a loan from his old man into $10 billion and manages to hang on to the money--that's evidence of smarts, including great negotiating skills, not to mention running a phenomenally successful campaign with minimal expenditure. I suggest magnesium and thyroid to get your brain working better, Westsidepufa.

Just giving a pass for now on the claim Trump has a 160 IQ...
the rest of your criteria are all about business and money.
I think, with a moment's reflection,
you will agree that there are a ton of successful business men with lots of money and high IQs,
and that few of them have what it takes to make a good POTUS.

Well, maybe you won't agree.
Perhaps you think high IQ, loads of money, and success in business guarantees a good POTUS.

Oh yeah--I neglected your mention of Trump's low expense, successful campaign.
Yes, you're right about that.
He does have an ability to rally a certain segment of the population.
Perhaps the the same segment so captivated by his performances on The Apprentice?

And, as with all these fawning Trump-for-President threads,
so strangely, to me, cropping up on this Ray Peat forum--
I'd just ask: is there is anything remotely Peatish
about the idea of Donald Trump for President of the United States...?

Matt1951

Narouz, this was not started by the OP as a "fawning Trump for President thread".

If we are going to discuss diets, then the only ones I have read about are Bill and Hillary Clinton. They are now low carbers. Bill Clinton was a vegan who cheated, admitting he ate fish once a week. Dr Hyman (yes that is his name) is advising the Clintons on a low carb paleo diet.

"The weight loss plan to which both the Clintons try consists of protein, natural fats, and gluten-free whole foods. And just like the Paleo diet, it avoids sugar and processed foods. If Mrs. Clinton decides to run for President, Dr. Hyman is prepared with travel snacks. He recommends carrying packets of macadamia nut butter or walnut butter, turkey jerky and even cans of wild salmon for quick energy."

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1615589/ex-veg ... vSpHftd.99

A few weeks ago, articles were commenting on how Hillary Clinton never sweats. It sounded to me like hypothyroidism.

So Hillary Clinton is on a low carb diet with a lot of PUFA, and she is probably hypothyroid. This does not sound like a recipe for success.

Zachs

She is definitely hypo, her face has that edema puffy look. I would definitely not want a low carb president. To be honest, I don't think she's any better than Jeb Bush.

If Sanders doesn't get the vote, I'll just vote Trump and move to thailand, get a good seat and enjoy the show.

narouz

Guys, when I ask,
" is there is anything remotely Peatish
about the idea of Donald Trump for President of the United States...?"
I'm not talking about Trump's and Hillary's and Bernie's diets.

Peat has expressed, in his writings and in his interviews,
ideas which go beyond diet and nutrition,
and which have political implications,
or which are sometimes clearly political.

We've had quite a few threads here which discuss those politically-oriented aspects of Peat's thought.
That sort of material is what I had in mind when I ask
why so many here apparently think Peat is a Libertarian,
or think there is a link between Peat's political ideas and Donald Trump's.
I mean we could analyze Trump's diet from a Peat perspective but...that's not what I had in mind.

I wish that when people post about how great Libertarianism is,
or post how Trump is The Truth and is gonna Make America Great Again or whatever...
I wish those posters would address the seeming assumption behind such posts--
namely, that Libertarianism or Trumpism share something in common with Ray Peat's political thinking.
I mean, let's hear some evidence from Peat's writings or interviews backing up such assumed notions.

And Matt--I wasn't talking just about OPs,
but also of other posts about Trump or Libertarianism laden with the kinds of assumptions I noted above.

narouz

Zachs said:
post 117805 She is definitely hypo, her face has that edema puffy look. I would definitely not want a low carb president. To be honest, I don't think she's any better than Jeb Bush.

If Sanders doesn't get the vote, I'll just vote Trump and move to thailand, get a good seat and enjoy the show.

Good luck with that military dictatorship in Thailand, Zach.
They might be entertained by the idea of throwing you in one of their nice prisons.
Just for the fun of it.
I'm not sure they have TV's in there.
So you might miss out on watching all the "fun" caused by putting Trump in power.
Ya might start thinkin', "hey, I kinda miss living in a democracy, even if it is a flawed one.
And you know, Hillary really was way better than The Donald...what was I thinkin'.
Maybe I could handle a low-carb president, now that I think about it...."

Zachs

Lol, I'm joking around, Narouz. Arguing politics is pointless.

mt_dreams

The stupidity in the voting habits of the American population needs to be addressed. There's no way to explain how over the last 36 years the voters have only voted the same on all three election platforms 4 out of 18 times. So essentially 80% of the time nothing gets done due to voter stupidity. Flip-floppers within the voting platforms need to rethink things. It's simple; vote ur guy in, then vote his fraternity in, then let them get to work. If they haven't satisfied you after 4 years, either demand someone different, or threaten to jump parties. It'll keep everyone on their toes, and instead of all the excuses & inaction we get, there would be nowhere to hide, & might actually allow parties to get their message into action.

It's difficult to point the finger in the current system, so round & round we go.

sladerunner69

IQ around 160? I hold strong dis-confidence in that estimate. Have you seen even one of his speeches? He doesn't have what I would consider to be stellar speaking skills and has a less than impressive vocabulary, and I wouldn't picture the guy as anything more than an "occasional" reader.

Don't you think that's another number he threw out to further inflate his bloated ego?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals