Is There A Safe Way To Take Klonopin Or Escitalopram?

milk

I'm dealing with some serious anxiety. It's unrelated to the current pandemic situation. I have some cyproheptadine, niacinamide and phenibut on hand, but they're not quite working.

In 2015 I dealt with a similar anxiety situation, and I took clonazepam at the hospital and later escitalopram for one week at home, and they worked. I'm aware of these substances' drawbacks, of course. It would be a temporary thing.

I know these are nasty meds. I worry that they might make me shed more than usual. I don't want to sound vain, but I'm the kind of guy who looks really bad without hair, and my hair is already in a delicate situation.

Are there any tips you guys could give me here? Sorry for souding vain in the middle of a pandemic, but my anxiety is really bad right now and I don't want to trigger some crazy shedding just because I took escitalopram for a week.

Last edited:

aguineapig

If you didn't have major issues with any sort of withdrawal before, at least you have that experience to draw from. Take it only as needed for a very short period, most likely ok.

I think beta blockers are hugely under utilized for anxiety. They are far safer than benzos and SSRI, and though they don't work for everyone, some people actually find them more effective than benzos.

If it becomes more chronic, I've had nearly miraculous results from buspirone with 1mg cypro at night.

Good luck.

redsun

I'm dealing with some serious anxiety. It's unrelated to the current pandemic situation. I have some cyproheptadine, niacinamide and phenibut on hand, but they're not quite working.

In 2015 I dealt with a similar anxiety situation, and I took clonazepam at the hospital and later escitalopram for one week at home, and they worked. I'm aware of these substances' drawbacks, of course. It would be a temporary thing.

I know these are nasty meds. I worry that they might make me shed more than usual. I don't want to sound vain, but I'm the kind of guy who looks really bad without hair, and my hair is already in a delicate situation.

Are there any tips you guys could give me here? Sorry for souding vain in the middle of a pandemic, but my anxiety is really bad right now and I don't want to trigger some crazy shedding just because I took escitalopram for a week.

Cypro can make anxiety worse. Nothing wrong with vanity.

Some things a bit better than meds to try is certain essential nutrients. Zinc will reduce conversion of dopamine to adrenal hormones. B6 (active B6 also know as P5P) is synergistic with zinc and may also increase GABA and possibly reduce adrenal hormones.

You may see benefit from increasing acetylcholine. Substantially increasing choline intake should help raise acetylcholine. Making sure you get enough B1, manganese daily which is needed to make acetylcholine. Acetylcholine opposes noradrenaline.

I think 3-4 soft-boiled eggs + zinc & B6 at night is a great anti-anxiety but also pro-hormone combo. Some people may get more stimulated from B6. How you react to B6 depends on the person but zinc and eggs for choline would not do that.

You can try 30mg zinc with a protein meal (helps with absorption) in one go for a few days see if helps and increase egg intake.

Last edited:

JudiBlueHen

Forum Supporter
Cypro can make anxiety worse. Nothing wrong with vanity.

Some things a bit better than meds to try is certain essential nutrients. Zinc will reduce conversion of dopamine to adrenal hormones. B6 (active B6 also know as P5P) is synergistic with zinc and may also increase GABA and possibly reduce adrenal hormones.

You may see benefit from increasing acetylcholine. Substantially increasing choline intake should help raise acetylcholine. Making sure you get enough B1, manganese daily which is needed to make acetylcholine. Acetylcholine opposes noradrenaline.

I think 3-4 soft-boiled eggs + zinc & B6 at night is a great anti-anxiety but also pro-hormone combo. Some people may get more stimulated for B6. How you react to B6 depends on the person but zinc and eggs for choline would not do that.

You can try 30mg zinc with a protein meal (helps with absorption) in one go for a few days see if helps and increase egg intake.

Good suggestions - but be careful with B6, I found it gave me insomnia if taken at night - fine if taken in the morning.
I have experience with benzos, specifically many years with very low dose clonazepam/klonopin. For me personally, it was not at all addictive and I had no desire to increase the dose. It helped me sleep and had less side effects than the various anti-depressants I tried. I consider it very safe AT LOW DOSAGES; however, it is VERY EASY to become dependent and it is very difficult to stop! Not only does the anxiety/insomnia increase, but muscle aches and pains that I had barely noticed became bothersome for a while. There is a benzo UK website, benzo.org.uk that discusses how to taper off these meds.

Take 50 grams of camomile boil it 10 minutes and drink. This long time boiling will destroy anti-inflammatory properties and change the effect to sedative equal to some 1-2 mg of etizolam. Seriously, not placebo. You can lower chamomile amount to 25 or rise to 75 depending on how it affects you. You can search some recreational drug forums for proof. "Chamomile Xanax bluelight" is a key word to start with. Some people say it's like Xanax.

redsun

Good suggestions - but be careful with B6, I found it gave me insomnia if taken at night - fine if taken in the morning.
I have experience with benzos, specifically many years with very low dose clonazepam/klonopin. For me personally, it was not at all addictive and I had no desire to increase the dose. It helped me sleep and had less side effects than the various anti-depressants I tried. I consider it very safe AT LOW DOSAGES; however, it is VERY EASY to become dependent and it is very difficult to stop! Not only does the anxiety/insomnia increase, but muscle aches and pains that I had barely noticed became bothersome for a while. There is a benzo UK website, benzo.org.uk that discusses how to taper off these meds.

Yes which I mentioned. It can raise histamine acutely and if it gets absorbed and in the blood before you fall asleep it can cause a sudden increase in histamine which will promote wakefulness and prevent you from falling asleep. Not everyone gets this issue though.

That's why its best to first try natural anti-anxiety nutrients or supplements first because drugs give and take something and there's always withdrawal unless you plan to rely on them indefinitely.

Last edited:

GutFeeling

If things like pregnenolone, chamomile, niacinamide etc don't work you may want to try mirtazapine or amitriptyline, there are some emails of Ray on the forum/wiki suggesting he thinks that they are safe

Davsey85

I reccomend not starting Klonopin unless

you don't want to get off.In my experience

this is not an easy medication to come off.

JudiBlueHen

Forum Supporter
I reccomend not starting Klonopin unless

this is not an easy medication to come off.
Agreed, as that is my experience. However, it is feasible to transition to a weaker benzo such as diazepam, which is about 1/20 as potent per mg. It should be noted that amitriptyline, a TCA, is not that easy to discontinue either, but it is quite safe.

CoconutEffect

Avoid unless severely suffering because it can help but do not increase the dose
Exhaust all other options, have your tried Kratom OPMS shots are OK IME, safe enough

klonopin:
it will knock down your fluid IQ
It is hell to come off it
I’ve tried 3x

be safe, love to you

OP
M

milk

Thanks a lot for all the replies, everyone.

I'm sorry for not replying earlier.

The anxiety is still here but I'm trying to be optimistic.

OP
M

milk

have you tried smoking CBD flower?

No, but thanks for the tip.

I'm drinking some camomile tea right now, like @methylenewhite suggested. I'll try some of the other tips too.

It's basically narcissistic abuse PTSD. I'm reading accounts on narcissistic abuse forums and all those people experience exactly the same things as I am. Nightmares, intrusive thoughts, shaking, depression.

I'm praying, too, and my faith is the one thing that is giving me solace right now.

I never thought I would experience this, and I never thought it would feel so bad.

But let's not succumb to despair. It will be alright.

aguineapig

I have a complex to due to narcissism running in family, so I have some idea what your dealing with.

Damping down amygdala activity is a good objective. This allows you to sort of take back control over your thoughts--not by dictating whether they are there or not (suppression doesn't really work) but by calming reactions. It's very easy to get back into a cycle with it. I'm in a little one right now myself.

The intrusive thoughts are very challenging. But it's more the involuntary reaction to them that is the problem. A thought or feeling does not necessarily cause the amygdala response. But an amygdala response can cause more of the thoughts via trying to suppress them and assigning them extra meaning.

I developed OCD which I think was latent, which I think b of now as just a maladaptive behavioral coping strategy to deal with the anxiety. I unknowingly made my situation much worse this way. Look up pure obsessional OCD sometime just to know what to look for.

Some beta blockers could really help and really low risk too.

OP
M

milk

I have a complex to due to narcissism running in family, so I have some idea what your dealing with.

Damping down amygdala activity is a good objective. This allows you to sort of take back control over your thoughts--not by dictating whether they are there or not (suppression doesn't really work) but by calming reactions. It's very easy to get back into a cycle with it. I'm in a little one right now myself.

The intrusive thoughts are very challenging. But it's more the involuntary reaction to them that is the problem. A thought or feeling does not necessarily cause the amygdala response. But an amygdala response can cause more of the thoughts via trying to suppress them and assigning them extra meaning.

I developed OCD which I think was latent, which I think b of now as just a maladaptive behavioral coping strategy to deal with the anxiety. I unknowingly made my situation much worse this way. Look up pure obsessional OCD sometime just to know what to look for.

Some beta blockers could really help and really low risk too.

Yes, beta blockers seem like a good idea. I think I'll get some tomorrow. Thanks.

aguineapig

Yes, beta blockers seem like a good idea. I think I'll get some tomorrow. Thanks.

They are rx, but you can get the Indian made stuff online. Alternatively they aren't hard to get a RX for depending on the doc.

alywest

H
No, but thanks for the tip.

I'm drinking some camomile tea right now, like @methylenewhite suggested. I'll try some of the other tips too.

It's basically narcissistic abuse PTSD. I'm reading accounts on narcissistic abuse forums and all those people experience exactly the same things as I am. Nightmares, intrusive thoughts, shaking, depression.

I'm praying, too, and my faith is the one thing that is giving me solace right now.

I never thought I would experience this, and I never thought it would feel so bad.

But let's not succumb to despair. It will be alright.
Have you looked into Melanie Tonia Evans? Her work on narcissism and her “quantum healing technique” (narcissistic abuse recovery program or NARP) are pretty original in my opinion based on years of therapy, meds, diy books, etc.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals