Future Of Medicine

Lollipop2

but discernment and reason are relative to the individual person's situation. You are backhandedly calling me an idiot, which is your prerogative, but go ahead and say it.
OMG...no! I feel you haven’t informed yourself about the subject enough to self treat. I NEVER considered you an idiot. That is your own shadow interpretation. My concern was with you taking 100 pills in a few days and rubbing 1m arnica all over your body. 100 pills scares me as to what adverse reaction you might be have in the future.

I apologize for having spoken up. Your reaction reminds me to again go radio silent on this platform and just let everyone figure out their own life.

Best of luck to you. I promise to never speak up again concerning your situation.

cjm

OMG...no! I feel you haven’t informed yourself about the subject enough to self treat. I NEVER considered you an idiot. That is your own shadow interpretation. My concern was with you taking 100 pills in a few days and rubbing 1m arnica all over your body. 100 pills scares me as to what adverse reaction you might be have in the future.

I apologize for having spoken up. Your reaction reminds me to again go radio silent on this platform and just let everyone figure out their own life.

Best of luck to you. I promise to never speak up again concerning your situation.

Not the response I was hoping for. I did in fact misinterpret and was chasing a ghost so I'm going to chase it on my own time. Apologies to all.

cjm

I'd be interested to read your "log" thread... and contributing if I can. Thanks for considering to create one!

That is kind of you to say, I really appreciate it. I am not an open book quite yet, I tend to deceive myself out of fear of things left unexamined, and internet forums can be brutal places for the emotions, but once I get some more pages unstuck, I'd absolutely love you to skim a few chapters and maybe play copyeditor :)

yerrag

Hey man, I'm right here :)
It occurred to me I maybe using you as Exhibit A afterwards. Sorry!

Nitpicking here, but you have conflated helping yourself with helping others. I will retract my nitpick if you have a medical practice I'm not aware of. I'm a little salty as you can tell. I also wasn't aware you were trying to help me if that was the implication. Just to be clear, I am open to a dialogue, but I just ask that we not be passive aggressive, please, my comment about you practicing medicine notwithstanding. As always, correct me if I have gotten the wrong impression.
I wasnt even trying to help you, given that I'm a poor subject matter expert on homeopathy.

But it's easy for you to feel I was directing my soapbox at you. But I'm not. I'm only saying things in general. If I'm making sense and offering a sensible approach to a friend, and he prefers to listen to others, I can't force myself on him. It's best for him to decide his own path. He may in the off chance get it right, thought I highly doubt it. And that is still my opinion. Even if I were a doctor.

But you qualifying your response to advice being one is a doctor, well I am not slighted. I am vindicated.

cjm

But you qualifying your response to advice being one is a doctor, well I am not slighted. I am vindicated.

Your wording is a little awkward to me, I'm not sure I completely understand, but to put some clarity to my comment, I was asking (with a bitter edge admittedly) if you were in the practice of helping people with their health concerns as a profession or a serious hobby, something more than high-level discussion. There is value in the intense study and discipline that licensed practitioners go through to achieve their status as an authority, but it doesn't preclude plebes like us (aka folks without Official Credentials as it were) from doing the same thing outside of the established system. Ray has helped so many people, without a physician's title. He just couldn't help himself from learning and educating. The practitioner's license is for liability's sake mostly, I would say. It is an official capstone to an arduous and necessary process. The wisdom gained is the true authority.

Edit: “I’d like to see it lead to the disestablishment of medicine." -RP

He's echoing Ivan Illich here, I'm sure you have read the interview, I actually followed you for some time on this forum reading about your woes with lead toxicity, it was clear you had read Ray thoroughly and I thought you did a really, really thorough investigation of your own with regards to your issue.

When I find the time, I genuinely would like to become a "barefoot doctor."

Last edited:

yerrag

Your wording is a little awkward to me, I'm not sure I completely understand,
Me neither. My mind sometimes loses control of my Rabid Fingers. One day, I may have to disown them and RFS would shield me from any liability lol

There is definitely a value in the intense study involved that comes with earning a degree, and medicine should be no exception.

But for some time now, medical graduates aren't developing skills to think well for themselves, but instead follow rigid thought patterns of approaching health problems where managing a disease, and not curing it, is the low bar they have. They use scientism to believe in an absolute proof, based on the deceptive terminology of evidence-based medicine, to make an excuse for not having any cure for chronic disease, in order to offer costly band-aids in the form of maintenance drugs, vaccines, surgical intervention, and sheer gadgetry - while not aware of what they are doing. They always rely on the authority of so-called scientific research made by corporate funding-based and manufactured evidences slapped with the imprimatur of the WHO or the CDC, and blessed by the partial and biased hands of the FDA.

Their medical education is a pizza pie of nice tidbits of fresh ingredients above a layer of dough poisoned with manufactured myths, unproven hypotheses elevated to sanctimonious laws, and the ability to think critically is weighed down by a manually taxing load of internship that forces upon them a false orthodoxy. This is to be reinforced by their initiation into the practice where they are forced to serve a long line of patients in a clinical setting, where the only practical recourse is to spew toxic brews in the form of prescriptions that relieve symptoms, but setting the stage for another round of visits by patients as they get sicker in a death of a thousand cuts. Their already compromised education is further degraded as they get continuing education credits from visits and lunches with medical representatives of drug companies, known more for looks and clicking through powerpoint presentations made by corporate marketers, and in case they need more convincing, if fed the ultimate Kool-Aid in symposia in leisure resorts. The pina colada is nice, but no cigar!

This is where the purity of not being educated under the system shines. This is where we learn science, and where we can effect cures by use of science in a way that doesn't conflict with the reality of our biology. Yes, I've taken a lot of Ray Peat's ideas. It is a godsend in a world where the majority lives in the bliss of a chicken being prepped for dinner. We are fleeing the coop and flexing our wings.

Last edited:

cjm

Me neither. My mind sometimes loses control of my Rabid Fingers. One day, I may have to disown them and RFS would shield me from any liability lol

There is definitely a value in the intense study involved that comes with earning a degree, and medicine should be no exception.

But for some time now, medical graduates aren't developing skills to think well for themselves, but instead follow rigid thought patterns of approaching health problems where managing a disease, and not curing it, is the low bar they have. They use scientism to believe in an absolute proof, based on the deceptive terminology of evidence-based medicine, to make an excuse for not having any cure for chronic disease, in order to offer costly band-aids in the form of maintenance drugs, vaccines, surgical intervention, and sheer gadgetry - while not aware of what they are doing. They always rely on the authority of so-called scientific research made by corporate funding-based and manufactured evidences slapped with the imprimatur of the WHO or the CDC, and blessed by the partial and biased hands of the FDA.

Their medical education is a pizza pie of nice tidbits of fresh ingredients above a layer of dough poisoned with manufactured myths, unproven hypotheses elevated to sanctimonious laws, and the ability to think critically is weighed down by a manually taxing load of internship that forces upon them a false orthodoxy. This is to be reinforced by their initiation into the practice where they are forced to serve a long line of patients in a clinical setting, where the only practical recourse is to spew toxic brews in the form of prescriptions that relieve symptoms, but setting the stage for another round of visits by patients as they get sicker in a death of a thousand cuts. Their already compromised education is further degraded as they get continuing education credits from visits and lunches with medical representatives of drug companies, known more for looks and clicking through powerpoint presentations made by corporate marketers, and in case they need more convincing, if fed the ultimate Kool-Aid in symposia in leisure resorts. The pina colada is nice, but no cigar!

This is where the purity of not being educated under the system shines. This is where we learn science, and where we can effect cures by use of science in a way that doesn't conflict with the reality of our biology. Yes, I've taken a lot of Ray Peat's ideas. It is a godsend in a world where the majority lives in the bliss of a chicken being prepped for dinner. We are fleeing the coop and flexing our wings.

Nice post, well-reasoned and a bit devastating! I resonate with most if not all of this.

yerrag

Nice post, well-reasoned and a bit devastating! I resonate with most if not all of this.
I'm glad we agree on this.

I also have seen however, my eldest sister, who suffers from candida and CFS, try to heal herself. She has used up all her personal money, even moved from the Philippines to Canada for dry weather to effect her healing- believing that dry weather heals and humid weather worsens her condition. She has only gotten worse, and is still doubling down on what's failed for her. My opinion is that she's not suited for the task of self-healing because she lacks the traits to do that. If she can be coached, in order for her to improve her approach, then it would be better. She needs a good doctor, but a good doctor is also expensive. And she's used up her funds, so she has to make do, which pretty much means she'll have to manage her condition the best way she can, as she won't get healed. But it is hard to help her, and I've given up.

So self-learning and self-healing isn't for everyone. It is a long journey on the way to health. It often takes a lifetime. Even for the best of us. So t's best not to think in terms of betting the house for a single "this is it!" cure, as chances are "this isn't it." As you have to have the funds to go the long haul, and self-healing allows for that when you're judicious in parting with your money for the variety of supplements and tests out there. In my opinion, it's the tests that are affordable or often free that are most useful. And even going very little on supplementation that works best, as in this mindset you focus not on a silver bullet, but on relying on your body to heal with good nutrition. A few supplements may be warranted, but these supplements don't break the bank.

With this approach, you had to make sure you understand the way the body works. And you spend time learning about the body and how it works. You don't skip this part and therefore you need to have the patience to get this part through before you really start to have a game plan to heal yourself. Without this approach, you will just join the bandwagon of ordering and using supplements hoping something gives you an immediate sense of feeling better. But this isn't much different from big pharma's approach of prescribing maintenance drugs. You're trying to break free from maintenance drugs, but you're only trading them for supplements.

By being judicious, you also save some funds for when you need to take an expensive test, when you see that you really need it. Or an expensive treatment. In my case, I had to pay for IV mercury chelation - a whole series of it. But I'm spending where it matters. And I truly benefited from it.

Something I haven't really explored in-depth is homeopathy. I don't know if I can self-treat. Maybe I can with a good materia medica. Then I'd have to know how to make some but maybe not. It's so much work. But maybe I can go take a course where a lot of the homeopathy drugs are included as the package. I passed on one, which cost about $800, and oddly enough, the homeopath who teaches that, is now dead. Now I'm not sure if I missed anything not attending his workshop.

I'd better stop now. I wish you well in your journey of learning and healing. Let's just continue to share with each other like you have done.

LUH 3417

@Lollipop2 do you know of any homeopathy practitioners in the north east that are skilled?

also, I have a bottle of arnica 200 k pellets and took 5 yesterday, as it recommended on the instructional insert. I’ve been feeling achy and sore, sort of in between a sinus infection and the flu. This morning I woke up with what feels like a steel armor in my back. Am I supposed to feel worse before I get better? Is the arnica undoing something in my back muscles? Or am I going a little crazy.

Lollipop2

@Lollipop2 do you know of any homeopathy practitioners in the north east that are skilled?

also, I have a bottle of arnica 200 k pellets and took 5 yesterday, as it recommended on the instructional insert. I’ve been feeling achy and sore, sort of in between a sinus infection and the flu. This morning I woke up with what feels like a steel armor in my back. Am I supposed to feel worse before I get better? Is the arnica undoing something in my back muscles? Or am I going a little crazy.
I would only recommend 2 sugar pills of 200c. This is exactly what can happen if the body gets too much. Now in fairness, 5 pellets in still in an okay range, but if your system is sensitive, it can cause that reaction. It should subside and go away fairly quickly.

Let me research a bit to see who is still active as a Homeopathist. Thanks in advance for your patience; I will get there :):

LUH 3417

I would only recommend 2 sugar pills of 200c. This is exactly what can happen if the body gets too much. Now in fairness, 5 pellets in still in an okay range, but if your system is sensitive, it can cause that reaction. It should subside and go away fairly quickly.

Let me research a bit to see who is still active as a Homeopathist. Thanks in advance for your patience; I will get there :):
Thank you, appreciate it and feel free to take as much time as you may need. The insert said to take 5 pellets 3x a day so today I took an afternoon dose and the pain moved up to my neck and now I have a frozen neck. I went to an acupuncturist because it has been incredibly painful and I needed immediate relief. He was able to help me with the cold symptoms and some of the pain stiffness but I can definitely see how homeopathy is not a joke and would prefer to work with someone who knows what they are doing rather than give me self weird symptoms with experiments )I’ve been doing that enough with supplements and dietary changes the past few years and while it’s been a very interesting learning experience I sometimes wonder about the damage I may be doing long term).

Lollipop2

Thank you, appreciate it and feel free to take as much time as you may need. The insert said to take 5 pellets 3x a day so today I took an afternoon dose and the pain moved up to my neck and now I have a frozen neck. I went to an acupuncturist because it has been incredibly painful and I needed immediate relief. He was able to help me with the cold symptoms and some of the pain stiffness but I can definitely see how homeopathy is not a joke and would prefer to work with someone who knows what they are doing rather than give me self weird symptoms with experiments )I’ve been doing that enough with supplements and dietary changes the past few years and while it’s been a very interesting learning experience I sometimes wonder about the damage I may be doing long term).
I would say you haven’t done any long term damage at all. A few days will not harm you. Usually 200c would be a one time dose of 2 pellets without any food or water 30 min before or 30 min after. It could repeated only weeks later if needed.

Truth is homeopathy is no joke and one of the most amazing healing modalities out there, if used properly and with good supervision. I ADORE homeopathy. Don’t give up on it. We will find you a good practitioner.

I love your willingness to explore. Good stuff.

LUH 3417

:bouquet::bouquet:
I would say you haven’t done any long term damage at all. A few days will not harm you. Usually 200c would be a one time dose of 2 pellets without any food or water 30 min before or 30 min after. It could repeated only weeks later if needed.

Truth is homeopathy is no joke and one of the most amazing healing modalities out there, if used properly and with good supervision. I ADORE homeopathy. Don’t give up on it. We will find you a good practitioner.

I love your willingness to explore. Good stuff.
Thank you, appreciate your words :bouquet::bouquet:

Lollipop2

:bouquet::bouquet:
Thank you, appreciate your words :bouquet::bouquet:
Hi @raysputin, well I located that awesome homeopath, but she no longer practices, but now paints - lol. But I researched and this guy looks great: 30 years experience, does video sessions, classically trained. Fair warning- subjective comment coming: I like his vibe, feels good.

Center for Homeopathy of Northern New Mexico, 3 North Chamisa Drive Suite #1 (2020)

I have known Alfie for like 30 years. He is here in Dallas. If I needed a homeopath, I would use him. Fingers Crossed he is still practicing.

The Homeopath

LUH 3417

Hi @raysputin, well I located that awesome homeopath, but she no longer practices, but now paints - lol. But I researched and this guy looks great: 30 years experience, does video sessions, classically trained. Fair warning- subjective comment coming: I like his vibe, feels good.

Center for Homeopathy of Northern New Mexico, 3 North Chamisa Drive Suite #1 (2020)

I have known Alfie for like 30 years. He is here in Dallas. If I needed a homeopath, I would use him. Fingers Crossed he is still practicing.

The Homeopath
thank you so mucch!! really appreciate it <3

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals