What Is The Most Important Lesson Or Piece of Knowledge You Learned From Ray Peat?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
For me, it was "Perceive, Think, Act" which actually brought me closer to God. I had found Ray Peat and all his ideas were so against mainstream wisdom and I was in a desperate situation with chronic fatigue syndrome, I literally thought and felt like I was dying. So going against the grain, I went full bore into Ray's work. Within days of implementing Ray's knowledge I started digging myself out of the chronic fatigue hell hole.

Well, there was a pastor that I was told about, and like Ray, he is pretty much everything opposite or different from mainstream teachings. Something about "Perceive, Think, Act" just really stuck with me. So I cleared my head, and perceived with everything I had, in a scientific way of observation if you will. And low and behold, like Ray, this pastor is one of those "hes right again" guys. If I had not found Ray Peat, I am not sure I would have had the awareness that Ray gave me, to find the Truth that I did. And that Truth will get me to the Royal Wedding so for that I am Eternally grateful for Ray Peat and his great wisdom he shared with us. So in a round about way, Ray Peat helped me find God. The Greatest Gift of all if you ask me.

:hattip

Drareg

The process of life, what I was/am/becoming as an organism, a teleological entity.

He opened a door to real life and politely encouraged us to go experience for ourselves.

L

LiveLaughLove

Well, there was a pastor that I was told about, and like Ray, he is pretty much everything opposite or different from mainstream teachings. Something about "Perceive, Think, Act" just really stuck with me.
If you don’t mind my asking, who’s the pastor?
I listen to Charismatic teachers laughing and basking in the Glory, myself :)

L

LiveLaughLove

Well, the nutritional thing I’ve taken to heart the most, is from someone asking him for the single most important nutrient change for life-longevity, and he said it’s protein quality.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Lilac

Do not blindly trust the medical establishment.

After the many lessons he taught us, Peat followers were prepared for the Covid plandemic.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I too came back to God after clearing the physical fog and lethargy from years of medical poisoning thanks to Ray. He gave me hope that I could reverse the tide and the confidence to listen to my inner guidance.

T

tca300

To be skeptical of all available information. To experiment with foods until you find the ones that make you feel your best while also nourishing the body. Just because something looks good on paper doesn't mean that its indeed good for you and your very unique context. Understanding foods are neither all good or all bad, that you need to weigh the pros and cons, paying attention to which way the scale tips, while again, adding personal context to that.

Can't reasonably just say one thing as there are too many of great importance. Honestly, it was very difficult to limit it to what was said above.

yerrag

Spiritually, having meaning in life. Just recently, my spayed female cat got well from cystitis. Was it progesterone, or was it because she found joy and meaning in helping me care for an abandoned weak old kitten? I think she found a purpose and meaning once again. It may have more of an effect than the progesterone.

Mentally, to find coherency. From Gilbert Ling's principle of active transport making more sense, as complex as it is to understand initially, being more coherent than the idea of a cell membrane, as simple as it sounds it really becomes the seed to suck us into a world of fantasy, full of rabbit holes we find very hard to extricate from.

On another level that transcends all the rest, is that I find a contradiction in him. He talks little about faith and about God, but he has God in him.

He just does, but in the way that is so un-American in the way that Nike has become so embedded in the culture. He does it. But with a lot of thoughtfulness.

achillea

If you go into a grocery store, what is the only product that is food from beginning to finish, meant to be a food always....Milk

Ritchie

I think the main thing was re evaluating my perspective of sugar - viewing and using it as a form of carbohydrate as part of a balanced diet, rather than looking at it in a completely negative light. Of course too much is still not great, but yeah he helped me shift my perspective. Also things like being aware of consuming too much iron, cooked PUFAs and so forth - little things that most don't talk about or consider. It's also been fun experimenting with things like pregnenalone and DHEA.

milk_lover

I was in a very bad place after 2 years of doing very low carb diet and starting my first job. He made me change course and move in the right direction. He taught me to view PUFA as poison. He taught me eating sugar even if refined is probably healthier than eating PUFA-filled nuts. I started believing him more and more after every little experiment I do. I was having real life proof of his teachings in myself and my family members. He writes about complex stuff but for some reason I can easily follow him. He doesn't write to show off. He writes to change people's lives. He is using the English language not to control but to send love and hope to people. While doctors make you worthless and desperate, Peat tells you everything is possible with small interventions. He was a truly divine gift. I am missing him dearly already, but I will forever remember him in my heart. Rest in Peace Ray Peat. If majority of people follow his ideas, the world would be a much better place. See ya in Paradise, sweet soul.

haidut

Forum Supporter
That the creative/playful/open-minded process is to knowledge what metabolism is to life. If you don't get it, you don't get it. Got it? :):
Oh, and also that to be confused is a blessing, a child-like state. Any period of prolonged "clarity" and thinking you found the final answer means you are actually seriously deluded. If immutable, perfect knowledge was possible there would be no movement/process, and thus no life. Hence the necessity of the unfathomable, from which we extract knowledge in, as David Bohm and Heraclitus would also say, a creative process - a child's play. Don't want to play? Well...then you don't get. Got it? :):

LLight

Do not blindly trust the medical establishment.

After the many lessons he taught us, Peat followers were prepared for the Covid plandemic.
That, exactly.
I also learned from him the important topics regarding health.

burtlancast

He made me stop eating flaxseed oil.

Had i not read his work, i would probably be 130 kg and diabetic by now

He also proved convincingly science isn't necessarily your friend, doctors can kill you, and that politics permeates everything.

Never trust power, doubt everything, follow your instincts.

And as an European, he (toegether with David Ray Griffin) immensely restored my admiration for americans

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals