New to Peating

Debz

Hi ,I'm 45
I have been Peating for six months .Wow what a difference , I have more energy ,even lost 2kg and feel warmer ,I have come out of my hibernation and on my way to recovery. I have been cold for as long as I can remember ,my solution was to live in hot countries. When I miscarried they did an aids test ,now really why didn't they test my hormones instead. Out of six pregnancies I have two wonderful children ,but I feel things could have been different if my Doctors took note of my very low pulse and temperatures.
I discovered Ray Peat when I saw an advert for a Thyroid Diet on my facebook. It said that nuts were bad and since I was chomping down nuts to help with my ailing health I did a search and found that the advertised diet was based on the work of Ray Peat.

Blood test pre Ray Peat:
Homocysteine 11 indicating chronic silent inflamation
Oestradiol 3082
Progesterone 21.2
Testosterone 1
SHBG 243
Thyroid T4 free 13.2
TSH 2.0
T3free 4.4

As you can see my Estrogen is sky high. My Doctor had me on Utrogestan a biodentical vaginal progesterone for almost two years and I bleed between cycles, my breasts were painfully swollen most the month and I had chronic fatigue .When I complained that the Utrogestan was not working for me ,she said it was the Estrogen not the Utrogestan .
Anyway I bought Progest-E .Amazing stuff- regular periods ,no swelling ,feel human again.
I think the daily carrot coconut salad also helps.
Thyroid - When I started Ray Peat I started taking my temperatures I was around 35'c and this is after having taken thyroid meds Erfa 1/2 tab from my Doctor for over a year ,I bought Thyroid-s from Pimpom (excellent service) I slowly increased to 4 a day ,my temperatures increased but where never ideal ,so I changed to Thiroyd my temperatures are still a low 35.2 to a high 36.3'c so I will most likely go back to Thyroid-s .I feel warm and my pulse is also high now.
When the forum talk about T4 and T3 I'm lost ,what should I be taking and what ratio is Thyroid-s ?
The other problem I still have is Allergies I was taking Zyrtec when needed but after reading the forum against that I have stopped.
Hope someone can give me advice on the Thyroid issue.
Love this Forum ,I have learnt so much, thank-you.

Mittir

You can use cronometer.com to find out the approximate intake of
nutrients. If you post a screen shot of your typical diet showing
carb, fat, protein and all the vitamin and mineral intake, it would be easier
for people to see if there is any room for improvement.
RP recommends Raw carrot salad or cooked bamboo shoots to lower
estrogen and endotoxin. Avoiding hard to digest foods are also recommended.
Starch, soluble fiber, allergenic substances and all kind of gut irritant increases
serotonin. Serotonin and endotoxin together starts a long chain of events
which results in low thyroid function and metabolism.
It takes about 4 years to replace stored PUFA in the body with changed diet.
RP recommends regular use of vitamin E to prevent lipid peroxidation
and Niacinmaide or aspriin to lower PUFA release. Eating small meals
composed of sugar, fat and protein helps to maintain steady blood sugar level,
which inhibits PUFA release.

OP
D

Debz

Thank -you Mittir
Yes I must use the cronometer .I try keep my diet very peating ,except I do not drink coffee or coke and need to get my caffine from tea ,cocoa and Guarana caffine supplement . I do take vitE and aspirin as well as high doses of all vitamin B.
According to my last blood test ,what thyroid medication do you suggest ?
Thyroid T4 free 13.2
TSH 2.0
T3free 4.4

Mittir

I can not really suggest any medication. All your numbers are within normal range.
Ideally TSH should be below 0.4 . Normal numbers do not mean good thyroid function.
You can track your temperature and pulse 1-2 hours after breakfast to get a
good idea about your thyroid function. I believe one should fix the diet before
considering thyroid supplement. You will need total cholesterol at least 160, preferably 200
for thyroid supplement to work properly. Thyroid supplement can not work without a balanced nutritious diet. It can also make things worse as increased metabolism has higher requirements
for nutrients. Riboflavin and Folic acid supplement can be quite allergenic.
For allergies RP recommend pure Benadryl or Cyproheptadine.
I have noticed low PTH helps with allergy.
A good ratio of calcium to phosphorus and vitamin D play major role in
keeping PTH low. Vitamin A , Vitamin K and niacinamide are also helpful in lowering PTH.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals