Ray Peating for About a Year

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Yves, excellent thank you. Cycling is probably a great idea.

Yes, I do dissolve my tabs now thanks to Birdies incident she had. I have found that they dissolve just fine in cold water, I dont like to use hot water because of all the extra metals that come out of the hot water tank.

OP
L

leonardo

Yves. Thanks for the tips. And sorry for dropping off and not replying to your post. I'm not Italian. I just like Leonardo Da Vinci that's all :)
The dairy effects on me are quite weird. There are days when I don't have any issues and days when it feels like a tornado is stuck in my tummy. So it's probably got to do with some other food or because of the combination of dairy with something else. I will keep experimenting.
I still have not started on Aspirin. Hope to research it over the next few weeks.

jaketthomas

I had to really experiment with dairy to find what works for me. If I drink skim milk, I'm in serious, serious trouble. I will have explosive diarrhea within 1-2 hours. 1% milk, it's also bad, but not as bad. 2%, there's a lot of rumbling in my stomach and farting, but no diarrhea. Whole Milk (Organic Only), I'm totally fine with. No gas, no bloating, no rumbling in the stomach, nothing. Only organic though. Conventional whole milk makes me tired and gives me bags under my eyes.

I also do extremely well with Goat's Milk. But Goat's Milk is ridiculously expensive, so I only "treat" myself with it. I tend to drink at least a quart of milk every day (sometimes two), and with Goat's Milk, that's $5-10.... Organic Whole Milk, it's about $1.50-3. Huge difference. It's generally 4x the cost.

My theory is that I tend to have pretty quick digestion, so I digest the skim milk way too fast, and it wreaks havoc on my intestines. The whole milk/goat's milk digests very slowly, which is why it causes no ill effects.

I don't know if this is the same in everyone, but it took me about 4 months to figure out, and get down pat.

pboy

not sure Jake, I always used whole half and half, and whole milk just to avoid the vitamin additives. I tried goat cheese for the first time the other day, was awesome and seemed to give even more energy than cow cheese. Never tried goat milk just cause there isn't any available where I live...my main thing is always to use organic, without additives, preferably grass fed is possible. I cant explain why it would be happening to you like that...but I also remember Peat saying in an interview "skim milk never tasted right to me so I use 1 or 2%"...maybe it disturbs the normal milk matrix to have ALL the fat removed, but if a little is left it keeps more of the whole structure in tact?