New to Peating - Hello from Canada!

kookaburra

Hi everyone,

Great to be here! I'm a 30yr old male living in southern Ontario. I've been following the forums for a while and I just decided today to jump in. I discovered Ray Peat about two months ago after stumbling through paleo/ WAP diets and a lot of supplements that were only somewhat useful. I have to admit, at first I thought Peat was crazy or just another health blogger with an agenda but I decided to keep reading when it occurred to me that I couldn't buy anything from him even if I wanted to. After doing some research and reading his articles it became clear that Peat is the genuine article. A real "beautiful mind" type, humble genius. Now after a few months of reading and peating, I'm very much encouraged and inspired.

My fiance thought I was crazy at first but - after all the high protein, zero-sugar diets we've tried - she was pretty game when I started making home made jello and came home with 3 quarts of haagen dazs every time I went to the grocery store. Now we're thriving on a peatarian diet. I look and feel better than ever and I can't remember the last time I had a migraine. Her asthma is greatly improved with the help of NIR light every night. The more we research and experiment, the more I think Peat is really on to something here. At this point I'm interested in moving on to reading the works of other scientists who may fall into the same vein as RP. I'm thinking Gilbert Ling or Gerald Pollack. If anyone has any suggestions then I'd love to hear them :)

Anyway, I'm excited about joining this community and I look forward to chatting with you all in the future!

chelle86

Hello --

I was wondering regarding your mention of light therapy -- what kind of bulb do we need to have to do that as well?

Thanks ;)

aguilaroja

[quote="kookaburra"I ...look and feel better than ever and I can't remember the last time I had a migraine. Her asthma is greatly improved with the help of NIR light every night.... At this point I'm interested in moving on to reading the works of other scientists who may fall into the same vein as RP. I'm thinking Gilbert Ling or Gerald Pollack. If anyone has any suggestions then I'd love to hear them[/quote]

Welcome to the forum.

You might look to read Dr. Peat's print books, if you have not already done so. I don't know about the ordering situation-apparently back orders only are being filled.

William Blake may be of interest, though not "contemporary" and not explicitly a scientist:

http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/wi ... lake.shtml

Blake's works are public domain. Pollack has a more casual/convivial style for the reader. I much admire Ling but his writing is more dense. I'd start with his last book "Life at the Cell and Below-Cell Level". I don't know of authors quite like Dr. Peat, but am learning to hunt for creators he cites who revere a "tradition of truth".

There are threads devoted to authors mentioned by or relative to Ray Peat, for instance:

http://peatarian.com/29294/ray-peat-rea ... y-ray-peat

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4055

I do not necessarily agree with all the individual priorities or suggestions in these lists.

For something relevant to metabolism but not dense reading, you might at Broda Barnes's popular books on thyroid. A lot depends on personal interest and background. Several or many of Albert Szent-Gyorgyi's books are great, but not necessarily easy to read, both because of technical material and because context and vocabulary are dated.

Numerous authors mentioned by Dr. Peat have works that are either not widely accessible or not widely accessible in English language: it's a long list–Ukhtomsky, Anokhin, Lipschutz, Leonell Strong, AS Troshin, Michael Polanyi, many many others.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom