Just Learned That Ray Peat Has A Brother

JudiBlueHen

Forum Supporter
Going behind the iron curtain back then was not easy. My sister went to Poland in 1977 on a foreign exchange student program sponsored by her University, to a Polish university. She could not be contacted while there, except by mail, which was read by authorities. She had a breakdown while there, and getting her back to the U.S. was hair-raising and had to be arranged through the Dept. of State.

anniejohnson

Peat talked a little about his trip to Russia in a John Barkhausen interview. John asked him what language Peat and a Russian scientist spoke in. Peat couldn't remember exactly but said he thought it was probably a mix of Russian and English.

Peater

I always imagined him having an evil twin brother who promoted PUFAs and a low-protein diet. Perhaps named "Pay Rate" or something.

Interviewer: But didn't you say somewhere that canola oil was the perfect food?
Ray Peat: Oh, uh, no that would be my evil twin brother.

Brilliant!

Attachments

• 1578204454181.jpg
    1578204454181.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 24

GelatinGoblin

I would be very interested to learn how he managed to pull this off. An American could not simply travel to Russia back at the height of the Cold War. The Russians must have seen some of his work/writings and decided there is a "friendly", at least scientifically. He talks a lot about his life in Mexico, but I think it would be very interesting to ask him in one of these interviews about his experience in Russia. If he was being shadowed by CIA in Mexico just for teaching at an unknown college, imagine what the experience must have been in Russia or after he came back.
Well back in the 20s and 30s lots of engineers from the US were sent to the USSR even though US was anti-USSR even at the time. Still it was an untapped market for individuals with experience as not many were very experienced back then in the USSR, so the US wanted to make some buck. Back in 1963 Kennedy talked about a US-USSR space mission and collaboration. I imagine it's very realistic for him to go there despite politics, although probably rarely happened

ALS

I would be very interested to learn how he managed to pull this off. An American could not simply travel to Russia back at the height of the Cold War. The Russians must have seen some of his work/writings and decided there is a "friendly", at least scientifically. He talks a lot about his life in Mexico, but I think it would be very interesting to ask him in one of these interviews about his experience in Russia. If he was being shadowed by CIA in Mexico just for teaching at an unknown college, imagine what the experience must have been in Russia or after he came back.
I knew someone from Brooklyn whose mother was a Black Bolshevik (like Paul Robeson). She managed to make a trip to East Germany in the late 60's as part of some Communist youth group. Said the US officials at Checkpoint Charlie subjected her to an abusive interrogation (including physically) on the way back.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals