What is the most important and impactful lesson/information you have learned from Ray Peat

mrchibbs

Peat taught me that I actually like science.

That's so great! I agree with you completely, before him I had very little interest in science too, and I've found myself reading heavy books on physiology/biology etc.

mrchibbs

What do you mean with outlook/immediate environment?

Your mindset, how you perceive your life etc. that affects your level of stress greatly and a simple change of perspective can alleviate profound stress. In terms of the immediate environment, where you live, the people you hang out with, social and emotional support, the exposure to EMF and other toxins etc. There are many things which can be changed and improve metabolic health.

mrchibbs

AlaskaJono

Ray Peat's ideas/theories synthesizing "Allopathic Medicine" or modern anatomy/physiology/medicine into a "whole system approach".

He is unique (to me) in this holistic approach involving energy, consciousness, and environment using 'Western Ideas' of physiology. For me this means that homeostasis becomes more similar to the principle of the Tao, or the Way. The Way you live your Life. Perceive, Think, Act. This is a product of Ray's Life.

To always remain a humble student and to let the person you're communicating with guide the discussion/discovery process as much as yourself instead of mere imposing. To listen, to respect, to encourage. This pretty much sums it up:

Tell me and I’ll forget.
Show me, and I may not remember.
Involve me, and I’ll understand.
– Native American Proverb

Last edited:

Chad_Catholic

The most valuable thing that I have learned from Ray Peat is actually the bioenergetic-metabolic theory itself, that metabolic disfunction is the root cause of nearly every disease, from cancer to having a cold and everything in between. By applying his theory, I have arrived at the conclusion that my insomnia, panic attacks, and anxiety are not genetic but rather symptoms of having starved my brain of sugar for the past four years by strictly and faithfully adhering to a keto and fasting-focused diet, and I have already made vast improvements in my health and overall wellbeing by applying the principles of the bioenergetic model to my life, like adding sugar, fruit, honey, coffee, aspirin, methylene blue, etc. and avoiding foods high in fats, especially polyunsaturated fats.

I have learned that supplements are not “healthy”, PUFA’s are the cause of aging skin and sunburns and that tryptophan is good for younger people than the elderly and gelatin is better for them instead.

Dr. B

I have learned that supplements are not “healthy”, PUFA’s are the cause of aging skin and sunburns and that tryptophan is good for younger people than the elderly and gelatin is better for them instead.
Peat said a few hundred mg a day are essential for tryptophan for skin turnover.

The most valuable thing that I have learned from Ray Peat is actually the bioenergetic-metabolic theory itself, that metabolic disfunction is the root cause of nearly every disease, from cancer to having a cold and everything in between. By applying his theory, I have arrived at the conclusion that my insomnia, panic attacks, and anxiety are not genetic but rather symptoms of having starved my brain of sugar for the past four years by strictly and faithfully adhering to a keto and fasting-focused diet, and I have already made vast improvements in my health and overall wellbeing by applying the principles of the bioenergetic model to my life, like adding sugar, fruit, honey, coffee, aspirin, methylene blue, etc. and avoiding foods high in fats, especially polyunsaturated fats.

dairy fat needs to be avoided too? grass fed milk fat?

L_C

Excess estrogen= fibroids, endometriosis, cysts etc...and progesterone can fix it.

Peat said a few hundred mg a day are essential for tryptophan for skin turnover.
My notes from Ray Peat on how detrimental excess tryptophan is is as much as my PUFA notes. We need everything, including iron, phosphorus and tryptophan, but our standard diets have far too much of them.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
"Perceive, think, act."