Sudden health issues

HeyThere

I can see detox as a possibility because I took potassium iodide to clear the UTI
Its an oxidant and I didn't take selenium with it and this could've surely lowered GSH
Didn't take vitamin C either
I have some NAC that I took a couple of times because I have read previously that it thins mucus

It's just my one eye that's red and it doesn't look like bloodshot eyes. Im worried about bacterial conjunctivitis because I woke up with crusted discharge around that one eye and the proximity to the ethmoid sinus where mucus could've stagnated makes it vulnerable to infection. This probably started as viral sinusitis and the infection turned bacterial. The only things about this sinus infection that are not that common was the facial redness and the high fever

Im already drinking coconut water, I can get activated charcoal from the pharmacy

the doctor that consulted me listened to my breath with a stethoscope, concluded it's an upper respiratory infection. This is probably insufficient information to draw conclusions though. Oxygen levels were normal. I don't think I've ever suffered a lung infection, yet Im quite prone to sinusitis (seems to be hereditary). I have a cough but I think it's due to the post nasal drip

I assume I should adjust my sodium bicarbonate/soda water intake depending on the pH of my urine and saliva ?

I would only up baking soda if you are experiencing bloating or burning reflux. Honestly, you need to get the infection down if it's bacterial: GSE as stated, spraying sovereign silver spray into the eyes (leaning back so it drips deeply in), into the sinus and into the throat. Using those 2 protocols I beat a baaaad sinus infection that had me at home with a fever for a week which is almost unheard of for me. I don't get time off, so this was bad. My regret was not starting the protocol at the very start of symptoms and waiting until it was so bad. If you DO have an infection, be prepared for the spray to really burn. no infection, it won't hurt whatesoever.

imcoconut

Whenever I have viral/bacterial infections symptoms similar to yours (gut problems, fever/chills, sore throat, sunny nose/nasal drip) vitamins D, A and zinc help tremendously. Lysine also but i know some people don't respond well to that plus isolated amino acids can be problematic given how they're produced.

Another thing I've noticed is that nyquil can help me get very deep sleep. It has serious downsides, including the negative effects on the lover from acetaminophen, but for rare instances they are far outweighed but the benefits of being able to get deep restorative sleep. There are a few formulations but the one that works best for me is the one that has doxylamine succinate, not diphenhyrdamine (benadryl). Also some have phenelyephrine which can help with the nasal drip, but is also a stimulant so might defeat the purpose of helping get to sleep. As an alternative sometimes I take aspirin with cyproheptadine, which isn't as strong for sleep, but has a much better safety profile.

I've written about mercury toxicity in other posts and think that it should be considered for most people with any sort of noticeable chronic health issue. Source of exposure are common environmentally (broken CFL lighbulb residue, almost all seafood) and iatrogenically (amalgam fillings, thimerosol in some vaccines, eye drops) and symptoms can be extremely varied and wide ranging. Target organs from chronic exposure are CNS, gi tract, thyroid, liver - you can imagine the downstream effects. Do you have amalgam fillings, get the flu shot, eat a lot of fish, use perscription eye drops?

Also, big **** pot of chicken soup helps me so much :) Do you have access/ can you make some?

OP
U

ursidae

Whenever I have viral/bacterial infections symptoms similar to yours (gut problems, fever/chills, sore throat, sunny nose/nasal drip) vitamins D, A and zinc help tremendously. Lysine also but i know some people don't respond well to that plus isolated amino acids can be problematic given how they're produced.

Another thing I've noticed is that nyquil can help me get very deep sleep. It has serious downsides, including the negative effects on the lover from acetaminophen, but for rare instances they are far outweighed but the benefits of being able to get deep restorative sleep. There are a few formulations but the one that works best for me is the one that has doxylamine succinate, not diphenhyrdamine (benadryl). Also some have phenelyephrine which can help with the nasal drip, but is also a stimulant so might defeat the purpose of helping get to sleep. As an alternative sometimes I take aspirin with cyproheptadine, which isn't as strong for sleep, but has a much better safety profile.

I've written about mercury toxicity in other posts and think that it should be considered for most people with any sort of noticeable chronic health issue. Source of exposure are common environmentally (broken CFL lighbulb residue, almost all seafood) and iatrogenically (amalgam fillings, thimerosol in some vaccines, eye drops) and symptoms can be extremely varied and wide ranging. Target organs from chronic exposure are CNS, gi tract, thyroid, liver - you can imagine the downstream effects. Do you have amalgam fillings, get the flu shot, eat a lot of fish, use perscription eye drops?

Also, big **** pot of chicken soup helps me so much :) Do you have access/ can you make some?
I actually do fine on lysine, just gotta find a place to buy it in person here, delivery time is so long
about mercury toxicity, I had 30 vaccines by age 14 and all of them had thiomersal. Also used to eat quite a bit of seafood. My mother has the habit of dropping mercury thermometers so this has happened at least 5 times in our come since i was a child up until 2021. She also had many amalgams while she was pregnant with me. Was born and raised in one of the most polluted cities in europe, probably the greatest contributor to potential mercury toxicity was the air I breathed. Also, the chloramphenicol eye drops they prescribed me contained phenylmercuric nitrate. Im baffled that a first world country is using mercury in medication. I only took them for half a day because my eye was clearly getting worse. Switched to chloramphenicol balm which doesn't contain this and it also made my eye red so I might be allergic to the antibiotic itself.

I made a lot of chicken soup using this recipe

Peachy

Started the antibiotic drops and eye is just getting redder and redder
How’s the eye? Have you seen an eye doctor? My daughter had what we thought was conjunctivitis but it ended up being shingles. The left eye and side of her body felt weaker and more sensitive than the other.

OP
U

ursidae

How’s the eye? Have you seen an eye doctor? My daughter had what we thought was conjunctivitis but it ended up being shingles. The left eye and side of her body felt weaker and more sensitive than the other.
since i've stopped the antibiotic drops and balm, my eye is not as red. I visited the optician and they think it's conjunctivitis and that Im allergic to chloramphenicol. Told me to keep taking the oral antibiotic and to rinse my eye with a gel they prescribed me

P

Peatness

since i've stopped the antibiotic drops and balm, my eye is not as red. I visited the optician and they think it's conjunctivitis and that Im allergic to chloramphenicol. Told me to keep taking the oral antibiotic and to rinse my eye with a gel they prescribed me
Glad you are making progress. Read the ingredients of everything you put into your eyes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Phosphor

If it is a sinus infection, a neti pot with one cup of warm water and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt, baking soda and xylitol, twice daily, half in each nostril, may clear it up..
I had sinus / ear infection that was causing intense vertigo (fall on the floor vertigo) and I cleared it in about two weeks with this. A friend with the same thing did the drugs thing with his doctor and he still had it months later. If it isn't a sinus infection, this will do no harm unless you happen to have a contact allergy with one of the ingredients. I do not ingest xylitol because it is hard on the gut, but I use it in a neti pot when needed.

yerrag

When I was in the ER following my “panic attack” (which was more likely a serotonin attack or endotoxin attack or some other type of gross imbalance) I recall just sitting in that hospital bed staring at the artificial lights wishing I could be in the sun. It was an overcast day as well when I went, may have contributed to my ill-being. The only relief I had was when I burried myself underneath the hospital blanket and began slow breathing exercises, I began warming up my body that way, probably from increased CO2 production. The hospital is NOT a comforting place.
Imagine a car that goes into a hospital for cars. It would be like being given lube filled with iron filings each time a stay ends. And then blaming automakers for declining automobile build quality as car keeps getting worse off with more rattle, more smoke, and lowering power and fuel efficiency.

Stay home. Be your own doctor but only if you meet the connecting the dots requirements. Otherwise, get good employment to get generous health insurance benefits. And die in the comforts of needles stuck in you in the ICU and be thankful for the blessed life of being cared for by doctors and nurses, and prayed over by the sisters. Praise the Lord! Hallelujah! I submit to Thy will.

LadyRae

Do you know any breastfeeding mothers that would express a few drops of milk into a small lid or cup for you? A few drops in the eye always cleared up any sort of irritation or redness in my family....

LadyRae

Do you know any breastfeeding mothers that would express a few drops of milk into a small lid or cup for you? A few drops in the eye always cleared up any sort of irritation or redness in my family....

snappy99

If you may have a sinus infection, I would recommend drinking several cups of warm water with a TB of apple cider vinegar. You can add honey too if you’d like. By having a few of those a day, I have cleared out sinus infections quickly (over 2-3 days) with no antibiotics.

Also, just checking you’re not living in a new flat? If so, might be concerned if new health problems cropped up along with your move to a new place (could be mold or the like). But I also developed health issues when the heat in my apt broke for over a week. The cold can definitely cause issues.

Peachy

Warm water, lemon and ginger is also an awesome combo. So warming.

P

Peatness

Nature's own eye drop

LadyRae

OP
U

ursidae

can't say I'm fortunate to know any breastfeeding moms here

imcoconut

I actually do fine on lysine, just gotta find a place to buy it in person here, delivery time is so long
about mercury toxicity, I had 30 vaccines by age 14 and all of them had thiomersal. Also used to eat quite a bit of seafood. My mother has the habit of dropping mercury thermometers so this has happened at least 5 times in our come since i was a child up until 2021. She also had many amalgams while she was pregnant with me. Was born and raised in one of the most polluted cities in europe, probably the greatest contributor to potential mercury toxicity was the air I breathed. Also, the chloramphenicol eye drops they prescribed me contained phenylmercuric nitrate. Im baffled that a first world country is using mercury in medication. I only took them for half a day because my eye was clearly getting worse. Switched to chloramphenicol balm which doesn't contain this and it also made my eye red so I might be allergic to the antibiotic itself.

I made a lot of chicken soup using this recipe

It sounds like you have had decent exposure, as have most people honestly. I was also going to mention in-utero poisoning as possible source as well - and this can be one of the most harmful since mercury in the blood of a pregnant woman has a strong affinity to concentrate in the fetus :/. I think it's very likely you have mercury toxicity and that it is causing or at least exacerbating some or all of your symptoms. If this is the case (and it likely is, but might not be) it can be successfully and safely removed from your body. There are many different ideas and treatment protocols out there for mercury and other heavy metals. I spent significant time a few years back researching the topic and came to the conclusion that one should be extremely careful. Mercury is the second most toxic element known behind plutonium. Incorrect treatment can and does result in redistribution of existing mercury into more sensitive areas of the body resulting in worsening of symptoms or even emergence of new ones.

So I've been following a low dose frequent chelation process written about by a chemist named Andy Cutler. If your not familiar with it, here's some info about it. He was a professional scientist and engineer with a background in chemistry and metallurgy (phd from princeton), and kinetics. His perspective is very similar to Ray Peat's, in a few important ways:

- strong empiricist
- recognized that many mainstream medical practices/medications are actually harmful (specifically the standard IV chelation treatment for heavy metal poisoning does not work for chronic mercury poisoning and can make people worse)
- many chronic illnesses today are iatrogenic (especially those caused by mercury)
- recognized many mainstream medical practices are based papers have conclusions that are contradicted by the data in the same very paper and that are thinly veiled PR pieces for pharmaceutical industry
- body has an innate ability to heal if given the right environment
- he's written a few books on the topic, sold them at cost, did not sell any products, and spend significant time responding to people who reached out to him for help

Basically he is legit. And he had almost the ideal background to understand this particular topic.

The treatment he recommends is frequent low dose oral administration of a chelating agent called Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA) taken every half life, which is about 3 hours, for at least 62 hours consecutively. This means even waking up at night to take it. Then taking at least 3 days off, and then going again. You do this many times, perhaps up to 200 rounds. The total process can take years. There's a facebook group dedicate to it with almost 100k people in it. Many many people have been cured doing it. I am close to finishing and am basically a different person from when I started. You can check this post out for the improvements I've made: Have people here successfully chelated heavy metals to get lasting improvements?

I strongly reccomend looking into it and I'm happy to talk more about it and provide more resources if your interested

OP
U

ursidae

symptoms are improving, feels like the sinusitis is going away. Still got a cough but not nearly as bad- swiss herb lozenges with menthol help. Eye doesnt look as red anymore
taking s boulardii and activated charcoal with the antibiotic, drinking lots of chamomile tea, coconut water
A bit worried that the antibiotic is gonna **** up my microbiome and skin. Ive been breaking out since I started. Hopefully I can correct the dysbiosis with a probiotic once I'm done with my course

OP
U

ursidae

Suddenly developed pretty bad rib pain on my right side. extents to the whole right side area of my trunk No idea what's going on at this point

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals