Might Have Gotten COVID-19

PATB

I haven't been tested or anything, and it appears to be very similar to typical influenza.

I'm a 27yo male who has been taking vitamins and trying to eat better recently. Unfortunately my sleep schedule has not been very good, due to a mixture of work and my cat waking me up early. (the same conditions where I got the flu 3 years ago)

I woke up yesterday with a terrible headache and a very sore throat. I couldn't walk around my house without feeling very dizzy. I also have to note that I have been taking alprazolam (xanax) nearly every day because I came upon a very large amount for free. I am aiming to get off of it but this it can't be done cold-turkey and this is clearly not the right time to do this.

The day before I went only to the office to pick up a package, went straight to the grocery store (no mask or anything), then right home. I woke up feeling terrible and canceled work, went straight to sleep. I have also been ordering a lot of mail and could have gotten it from the post office.

I drank a lot of soda intermittently as I would wake up, but I slept for about 24-30 hours straight.
Since then, I woke up and made some sausage for breakfast (pork, not peaty, I don't care) and it helped a good amount with the sore throat. I also took one of those cold+flu+cough syrups with the DXM in it and the off-brand sudafed (the one with someone other than psuedoephedrine). And of course additional alprazolam + a large doze Vitamin C + these two supplements:

1 pill - https://www.amazon.com/Garden-Life-Vitamin-Multivitamin-Capsules/dp/B0046CMBK0?tag=d594b-20

2 two teaspoons - https://www.amazon.com/HealthForce-SuperFoods-Natural-Vitamin-Powder/dp/B000EYPSB8/?tag=d594b-20

I already feel a lot better. I am a tobacco smoker and I can go outside and smoke now. Although my throat does not hurt as much as it did, it's only about 20% or so. I can walk around my house and not feel insanely dizzy.

I was very cold at night so I turned off the A/C and covered myself with blankets and woke up very sweaty.

My county had two additional cases of COVID-19; bringing total to 70 just two days ago. The supermarket s are still packed. It's possible I got another virus, but I would bet that it's this COVID-19

OP
P

PATB

Seems like there is no COVID testing where I live. The phone # is down. Figures.
I also took some Vit-E (liquid, on the skin). I think this will be over relatively soon.

alywest

If cyproheptadine is available over the counter where you live you should take that daily. Also vitamin d3 in large doses (10,000 iu)

Sorry to hear that man, glad you're feeling better.

Can you give us a breakdown of your diet, cals, any recent blood results you might have, how long you've been Peating etc. ?

OP
P

PATB

Seems like there is no COVID testing where I live. The phone # is down. Figures.
I also took some Vit-E (liquid, on the skin). I think this will be over relatively soon.

Same here, the phone number is constantly busy/down.

EDIT:

Sorry to hear that man, glaxd you're feeling better.
Can you give us a breakdown of your diet, cals, any recent blood results you might have, how long you've been Peating etc. ?
I don't count calories, I eat when I am hungry.

I am semi-peat. I eat grains, but try to limit them and only eat refined grains except when I have no choice being invited to a resautanrat (rare). Some weeks will eat white rice almost every other day out of convenience. The breakfast recipe is white rice + ground beef + cheese + lettuce (optional, it spoils quickly).

I eat a lot of potatoes, cheese (as a toppinc), ground beef, gelatin, OJ, pineapple (+ juice, usuaully combined with gelatin), and take some supplements to make up for the other peat foods I do not eat.
As for Vit A: I eat liverwurst in a sandwich with higher-than-average-quality lunch meat (no ridiculous additives, it goes bad fast).

I have not gotten much exercise or good sleep lately either. Unless you could carrying 100+lbs of groceries across a parking lot and up the stairs multiple times on a weekly basis to be exercise :P

Last edited:

alywest

Cypro here is prescription only.
What about benadryl?

OK, I have this
Famotidine instead of Cypro. According to doctors you can take a very large dose if you have COVID, like 100mg. Use the stuff that is just famotidine (aka Pepcid) not Pepcid complete, etc. with calcium and magnesium added.

Updates?

OP
P

PATB

I was never tested and I think it could also have been a flu strain, but who knows? Even the tests aren't always accurate.

Whatever I had felt most closely related to the flu, but with no vomiting or anything like that. Really sore/dehydrated throat and lungs, and a very strong headache. After sleeping about 20hrs straight taking Benadryl and other meds I had, (only getting up to rehydrate) the only remaining major symptoms were a sore throat. That, for the most part, went away within 1-2 days.

So, COVID? I don't know.

Loss of smell or taste?

mrchibbs

I was never tested and I think it could also have been a flu strain, but who knows? Even the tests aren't always accurate.

Whatever I had felt most closely related to the flu, but with no vomiting or anything like that. Really sore/dehydrated throat and lungs, and a very strong headache. After sleeping about 20hrs straight taking Benadryl and other meds I had, (only getting up to rehydrate) the only remaining major symptoms were a sore throat. That, for the most part, went away within 1-2 days.

So, COVID? I don't know.

Honestly, it might have been, although it was probably just regular flu, which is still out there. Moreover at 27, you'd have more luck winning the lottery than dying from covid19.

OP
P

PATB

Loss of smell or taste?
Not really sure, those symptoms I did not note. I probably have a good amount of loss of taste and smell just normally, as I smoke tobacco. But whatever I got I mostly just slept through. I don't know if it was COVID-19 or just some influenza strain.

OP
P

PATB

I think actually it was strep throat, false alarm. I will be making a thread about my symptoms

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals