Do Things Sometimes Get Worse Before They Get Better?

kettlebell

When I read some Ray Peat's views of medicine years later I felt like he had restored my faith in humanity. I also feel very grateful to find this like-minded group of souls, because now mine doesn't feel quite so alone and heavy.

I second that statement. Most people around me now find my ideas and the things I do but luckily those closest to me are actually following me down the rabbit hole. I have always been a keen researcher and always like to get past all of the smokescreens and mirrors to the truth. I genuinely believe I have found the truth about "healthy living" with Ray Peats work.

G

gummybear

peatarian said:
* The resting pulse is the important part. 36,1 is really low. If this continues a few days in a row I think you are really safe to try thyroid supplement. The not-eating-much was before Ray Peat, right? Because it would further slow your metabolism. Great about the salt!

Well even if my pulse is great and my temps, that doesn't mean I don't have hypothyroid. nwo2012 said something about that the adrenalin can shift it or something....my point was that it's not just about the pulse, or temp, or TSH. The constant cold feet and hands are a pretty strong sign too me.

* But I suppose it's still whole milk with 3,8 or more percent fat? Ray Peat recommends the low fat milk. I would try to cut down the milk consume for a while. Be careful if it's not pasteurized. This might cause stomach troubles.

No it's 0,5% fat but I like to be luxurious and have some raw milk on saturdays/sundays. I've never had any problems with milk in my life soo...never ending love story :D

Are you using aspirin? It will keep PUFA out of your blood stream.

Took 1500mg of aspirin today, haven't felt much of that. I have the worst sore throat...it's all red. Lucky im mostly having liquids.

nwo2012

peatarian said:
kettlebell said:
Thats what I love about our bodies. Give them what they need and their ability to repair and regenerate is almost beyond belief.

The reason it is beyond belief probably stems from the mediocrity 99% of people find with their bodies thanks to the toxic diets they eat.

And the toxic air and the toxic electromagnetic fields and the toxic darkness ...

Have you read this? http://www.dannyroddy.com/an-interview- ... at-part-ii

Question: In an ideal environment in all aspects of the word ideal (mind, body, spirit), how long do you believe our bodies were designed to live?

“I have never seen evidence that they contain any principle of mortality, and in recent years the suspicion that we contain all the equipment needed for perpetual renewal, given the right circumstances, is seeming to be increasingly plausible. ”
— Raymond Peat, PhD

YES!
The last two pages are filled with great posts by you Peatrian and also others. I have personal experience of the terrible world of medicine both through work and my family. It does take courage after all the programming we receive on how we must go to the doctor or hospital when we or family are unwell. But now I have no problem, just like you, fixing everything at home. I still think I would take surgery for a traumatic car accident but thats about it. Ive already seen 'incurable' diseases cured with my own eyes. A tumour regress. A skin cancer disappear (well actually fall off). Lupus 'vanish'. Incredible.

G

gummybear

kettlebell said:
When I read some Ray Peat's views of medicine years later I felt like he had restored my faith in humanity. I also feel very grateful to find this like-minded group of souls, because now mine doesn't feel quite so alone and heavy.

I second that statement. Most people around me now find my ideas and the things I do but luckily those closest to me are actually following me down the rabbit hole. I have always been a keen researcher and always like to get past all of the smokescreens and mirrors to the truth. I genuinely believe I have found the truth about "healthy living" with Ray Peats work.

We humans are pretty fantastic at rationalizing behaviors, thus we can accept the not so fun things in life I guess. What is doctors really? We tend to bash at how doctors worked 500 years ago, with crazy herbs, lobotomy's, bloodletting etc etc. The list goes on. But in this day and age, are we really that better?

http://studimonetari.org/articoli/lifewithoutusury.html

Peter Jon Simpson said:
“Life without Usury” – Peter Jon Simpson

“The Dark Ages are a most misunderstood period… The Establishment teaches us that the Middle Ages came just after the Dark Ages. Lots of dirt, tyranny, poverty and borderline, hopeless living. Nothing could be further from the truth.

“In the middle of the 19th Century, Oxford Professor of Political History, Thorold Rogers wrote of that era: “At that time a labourer could provide all the necessities for his family for a year by working fourteen weeks.” The other thirty-eight weeks were his to do as he pleased. Would you like to earn all of the money required to feed, shelter, clothe and recreate your family for a year by working fourteen weeks? What would you do with thirty-eight weeks of vacation per year?

OP
N

narouz

peatarian said:
“I have never seen evidence that they contain any principle of mortality, and in recent years the suspicion that we contain all the equipment needed for perpetual renewal, given the right circumstances, is seeming to be increasingly plausible. ”
— Raymond Peat, PhD

I wish you'd post this on the "Ray Peat Quotations" thread, peatarian. :)

nwo2012

pete said:
Looking for a poster child for medical quackery?

Look no further than Psychiatry, where disorders are "voted" in and out (DSM), and sometimes there's a corresponding pill waiting to get to market.

Yes that is so true. I see these idiots on a daily basis (at work), prescribing garbage for perfectly normal human emotions.

G

gummybear

One thing I don't get is why have I get sick two (2) times in two (2) months? All during eating a peat diet. Now i'm 38,3 fever and my nose is rinning like Niagara falls.

pete

Only thing I can tell you is to "reconsider" what you are eating/taking, eliminate some foods/supplements/drugs and reintroduce them later.

Many times we ingest things and don't realize that they don't work for us, pay attention to the details: additives, unlisted ingredients, brand, something external/internal you missed.

You are the only one who can find out what works for you. Following someone else's diet is not good, read and understand what the message is, and put it in context (your context).

peatarian

nwo2012 said:
YES!
The last two pages are filled with great posts by you Peatrian and also others. I have personal experience of the terrible world of medicine both through work and my family. It does take courage after all the programming we receive on how we must go to the doctor or hospital when we or family are unwell. But now I have no problem, just like you, fixing everything at home. I still think I would take surgery for a traumatic car accident but thats about it. Ive already seen 'incurable' diseases cured with my own eyes. A tumour regress. A skin cancer disappear (well actually fall off). Lupus 'vanish'. Incredible.

Have you read about Ray Peats cancers? As far as I know (that might not be all) he's had melanoma (diagnosed by doctor friends of his) and cancerous lesions in his mouth. His melanoma fell right of, too. The lesions in his mouth disappeared after using vitamin a and niacinamid. I told a friend about it because she's had pre-cancerous lesions in her mouth for more than 15 years. After using progesterone, vitamin E and vitamin A they were gone.

peatarian

narouz said:
peatarian said:
— Raymond Peat, PhD

I wish you'd post this on the "Ray Peat Quotations" thread, peatarian. :)

Sorry, narouz, I read it just now. I will do that. I wasn't aware there was a Quotations-thread ...

gretchen

I've been following Peat's recommendations since roughly the beginning of June. I was feeling much better before daylight savings hit, and also before I started restricting calories. I still feel better than I did before, but I'm kind of at a plateau.

My background as I've mentioned in some of the introductions thread was a daily salmon regimen for 10 years to "anti-age" my skin (DMAE in salmon has a mild face lifting effect) and 7 years on the birth control pill due to perimenopausal symptoms and adult acne, probably caused by hormonal imbalances from my diet.

Last winter, I actually got a photo ID in which my neck appeared to be badly swollen, and even a little blackish blue. I looked up Hashimoto's online, but had no plans to follow up with any kind of medical treatment; I thought I would just live with it.

For a while after I found Peat's website, which I think was last spring, or maybe earlier, (can't really remember :?) , I couldn't even read through a lot of the articles, my concentration was so shot. Although I had read the coffee article, I did not want to follow any of his advice and would not have looked in to it had a light not gone on the day I read The Fish Oil Experiement. Deciding to change my diet is probably the best decision I've made since my 20s, and in some ways is a miracle. His work explains many of the health problems I've had since puberty.

jaketthomas

I didn't read through the 6-pages of posts, but as far as the original post goes, I felt amazing right off the bat from this diet. After a couple week period, OJ and coffee started to REALLY bother my stomach and GI tract. They did initially, but I was still feeling better, despite the small gastric upset. I hit a wall where I didn't really feel any better for about 3-4 weeks. I actually may have felt a little bit worse. After awhile, I began tinkering with less coffee and OJ, more progress..... eventually coming to no coffee or OJ, even more progress. Temps continuing to rise, pulse continuing to get faster, hair thickening, skin getting pinker, especially in my face. As a side note, my face had gone completely pale. Minimal color in my face, always looked sick/tired. That has gone away completely.

I started this diet at a 55 bpm pulse and 96.8-97.0 body temp. Now at 65 bpm pulse and 97.8-98.0 body temp. Pulse feels less "wiry", according to my TCM practitioner.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals