Advice On My Next Step?

J

j.

I did diet alone first. Saw improvements. Then added pregnenolone, and a lot of further improvements. Finally, when I added thyroid, I still noted improvements beyond what diet and pregnenolone could do. I did take my time. I took thyroid about 18 months after starting the diet.

OP
paper_clips43

paper_clips43

Thats really good to hear J!

Im at 4 months of diet and really impressed with the results so far.

Do you do red light? If so whats your method?

It seems like red light may be a pretty safe way of increasing the positive aspects of Ray Peating.

J

j.

I used up to 800 watts. Increasing slowly. At first 400 watts made me uncomfortable after a while. Now I mostly use between 200 and 400 watts, mainly because the weather is hot.

Also, when I increased my thyroid dose too fast and became very sensitive to adrenaline, 800 watts was very helpful to bring the tension down.

J

j.

I just use any regular 200w incandescent lights I can get in stores. But other Peaters use better lights.

Mittir

paper_clips43 said:
Im still kinda wary of taking thyroid. Especially reading that part about “Thyroid WILL have long term effects”. I might be too young to be dosing with synthetic thyroid. Im still considering it though. Dropping the eggs was a good move.

RP mentioned that people used to get on an average half a grain
of glandular thyroid daily from food. Depending on how much thyroid
you need to warm you up, you can use either commercial glandular
or food source ( fish head, chicken neck, raw gland) or synthetic
T4+T3 mix. The quality of commercial glandular is in question,
if you can find a good one then you do not need to worry about
any other options. The fear of synthetic thyroid hormone
causing problem is unfounded. RP himself gave up
glandular and adopted synthetic thyroid hormone.
RP recommends those 250 watt bulb with clear glass, not red tinted.
Clear glass gives both orange, red and infra red frequencies.
Red tinted bulb does not have orange frequencies.

OP
paper_clips43

paper_clips43

Ahh yes I hadn't thought about how we consumed thyroid every day in the past and probably in the form of soup. Thanks again Mittir!
I used to order my organs from Northstartbison and I am definitely satisfied with the quality.
It could be a good idea to add a thyroid gland to my bone broth soups. I would just have to figure out the right dosage so my liver doesn't start inactivating the T3.

So how does this light look?
http://www.amazon.com/Phillips-416743-2 ... light+bulb

Mittir

That light is 120 volts, any regular incandescent bulb is ok ,120 or 130 volts.
But 130 volts has better wavelength and supposed to last longer.
This following one is 130 volt and clear
http://www.amazon.com/Bulbrite-250BR40H ... m_sbs_hi_1
Light Therapy increases steroid hormone production and uses up a
lot of Vitamin A. You might have to increase your vitamin A intake.

OP
paper_clips43

paper_clips43

Thats interesting. Well I love eating liver. I actually really enjoy the taste of it fresh and raw. Tastes like chocolate to me. I have to practice self control not to eat too much so thats good that I can eat more of it when I start doing light therapy.

Although I wonder if eating to much liver might run into problems with too much copper consumption and other mineral imbalances like iron.

Might have to start eating my liver with coffee.

So it might be better to supplement with a liquid vitamin A supplement.

Lots to think about..

aquaman

paper_clips43 said:
Well I love eating liver. I actually really enjoy the taste of it fresh and raw. Tastes like chocolate to me.

you should try it with some Fava beans and a nice chianti :)

OP
paper_clips43

paper_clips43

Ahh I just got this. I was looking at memes this morning and there was one from the movie Hannibal and then I made the connection that that was what you were referencing. Good one!

himsahimsa

Even if no cholesterol is eaten, the liver will make about 9 grams a day unless there is some serious thing stopping it. Dietary cholesterol is just not that important even for those who are trying to keep it a low as possible. If you don't eat it, you make it. If you eat less, you make more. Unless some damage is preventing it. (Just a comment about the eggs.) (9 grams is old data but probably good or not far off.)

himsahimsa

Northstar Bison has been stopped. They can no longer "harvest" thyroid for sale according to the Northstar employee I spoke to on the phone at the beginning of Feb 2014. Too bad.

I'm going to try to get chicken necks from Whole Foods but I think the health police might make sure the thyroids are gone. I'll post about it when I find out.

Bald Eagles live around here. Maybe I could dart some and steal their thyroids....

Halal and Kosher slaughterers might be good local sources. Halal would have goat. Bigger than chicken. And smellier. And Halal guys are not real fond of regulations or government interference in general. But that might make them paranoid if a white guy shows up looking for some weird piece of meat. I will try the local in Orlando and find out. If we lived in a war zone we could solve the problem with a pocket knife.

OP
paper_clips43

paper_clips43

Thats probably the worst thing I have heard in a long time.
Is this is a new federal law?

I have ordered a thyroid from them before about two years ago when I was raw paleo.
Not knowing anything at the time I went ahead and ate the whole thing at once.

Kray

j. said:
I did diet alone first. Saw improvements. Then added pregnenolone, and a lot of further improvements. Finally, when I added thyroid, I still noted improvements beyond what diet and pregnenolone could do. I did take my time. I took thyroid about 18 months after starting the diet.

J, what thyroid do you take? I'm a little overwhelmed about T3, 4. I just ordered Thiroyd but now thinking it's not the right thing. I thought NDT was enough without having to go the cyomel/cynoplus, etc. :?

J

j.

classicallady said:
j. said:

J, what thyroid do you take? I'm a little overwhelmed about T3, 4. I just ordered Thiroyd but now thinking it's not the right thing. I thought NDT was enough without having to go the cyomel/cynoplus, etc. :?

I stopped taking thyroid when I discovered homemade farmers cheese and found that high protein warmed me up more than thyroid.

I took ERFA 30 mg. I think any NDT, which thiroyd is, is likely to have a similar effect to other NDTs. If one tends to react badly to additives, it's a good idea to buy NDTs without too many additives, especially the bad ones such as silica.

Kray

Really? I've been taking a non-Rx natural thyroid (Nutri-Meds). Is it ok to go cold-turkey and stop taking thyroid? I don't think I've felt my usual self. I liked the days when I did diet alone and like your idea about cheese or other food as first choice. I found a fresh mozzarella (the kind in liquid) that I like-- if I can't get a farmer's cheese, is that a good option? Any other tips on how to get off thyroid and try foods? Any foods to avoid if one is histamine-sensitive? Do you add any hormones other than thyroid now, or supplements? Just curious.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals