Do Things Sometimes Get Worse Before They Get Better?

G

gummybear

narouz said:
gummybear--
As I noted over on another thread where we're discussing your woes:
use common sense and see a doctor if you continue to feel bad.
As cool as Peat eating is, it can't fix everything.
I had to have an emergency appendectomy a while back,
and no amount of Peat eating would've fixed that!

What are your temperatures looking like?
What about pulse rate--beats per minute?

My pulse is 69, which is low because I had 77 two weeks ago. My temp is 36,5. Very cold hands and feet. Just feeling like s*it, bad mood, no libido, nothing.

I just don't know what I should think, at first I was really happy and impressed by it all, but now...I just don't know.. :(

nwo2012

narouz said:
nwo2012 said:
j. said:
you guys gotta stop the unnecessary aggressiveness and overreactions. doesn't it raise cortisol? :D

:lol:

Narouz, seeing a 'doctor' has nothing to do with common sense generally speaking. So I have to disagree with you on that.

Birdie said:
I've spent my life since I was 16 studying nutrition/food and took years of chemistry, bio chem, biology, anatomy, physiology etc.... Saying that because when I began to read Peat last year I thought I got it right away. As the months passed, I kept learning more about this way of eating. It must have taken 6 months to finally begin being "strict Peat." It takes time. Even a nutritionist/doctor type doesn't understand it all in a few weeks.

No offense aimed at you because clearly you are both educated and intelligent, but from my experience (and most of my working career has been around doctors, dieticians and nutritionists) 'educated' people are usually also the dumbest. As Peat would explain, authoritarianism has a large part to play in this.

But I agree, that as the time passes you learn more and more and its a constant refining of the knowledge and adding your own experience. So eventually, although we follow a general rule set (minimize PUFA, coconut oil, milk, OJ, salt etc etc), we have a 'customized' version which works for us effectively and may be slightly different to another 'Peatarian'.

I'm just saying,
you run into things like Appendicitis.
And no amout of Peating can fix that,
right?

I wouldnt say no amount but Appendicitis is the result of long-term inflammation within the body so it would take a long time to fix with Peating unless you were to use ALL the supplements in optimal dosages and got to it quick enough. So yes I partly do agree with you. If we lived the Peat way from birth Im more than 100% sure Appendicitis would never occur.

Gummybear Im pretty sure you need to be using thyroid by the sounds of your temps, pulses and hypothyroid symptoms. You can not expect it to be fixed quickly with diet alone. You should utilize ALL of the supplement options to some degree. Are you in the US? I would imagine the symptoms are getting worse now as you move towards the colder weather. As the climate cools, the thyroid has to work much harder. If you do it by diet alone Im sure by the middle of next summer you would feel very good but that is a while away so get supplementing.

peatarian

narouz said:
I'm just saying,
right?

Actually, it can ...

'It has never been tested whether the surgical removal of the appendix is the best treatment for acute appendicitis. (It is not.)' Ray Peat

'Serotonin is a neurotransmitter as well as mediator of inflammation. It is suggested that reduced staining for serotonin in painful appendices reflects discharge of stores which could be instrumental in inducing the pain in these cases. Continued serotonin release may then lead to acute appendicitis.'
http://www.functionalps.com/blog/

“At least for appendicitis, perforating disease may not be an inevitable outcome from delayed treatment of nonperforating disease. If appendicitis represents the same pathophysiologic process as diverticulitis, it may be amenable to antibiotic rather than surgical treatment.”
http://blog.smu.edu/research/2011/04/26 ... endicitis/

http://www.dannyroddy.com/your-gut-from ... the-evolut

https://www.medify.com/insights/article ... ep-forward

'Most patients with acute appendicitis undergo appendectomy initially. For those treated nonoperatively, the recurrence rate is low. Routine IA after initial successful nonoperative treatment is not justified and should be abandoned.'

I haven't found any studies about ondansetron or other serotonin suppressing treatment of patients with appendicitis. I am not sure if Ray Peat thinks antibiotic therapy is the way to go. If so he would certainly recommend tetracycline derivates and not the kinds used in the clinical trials.
I do know that he considers appendectomies to be just as necessary and useful as hysterectomies.

peatarian

gummybear said:
My pulse is 69, which is low because I had 77 two weeks ago. My temp is 36,5. Very cold hands and feet. Just feeling like s*it, bad mood, no libido, nothing.

I just don't know what I should think, at first I was really happy and impressed by it all, but now...I just don't know.. :(

Did you take the temperature in the morning before getting up under your tongue? As I have told you the temperature during the day doesn't depend on the thyroid gland alone. Are you using salt? I need at least 3 table spoons a day.
The pulse is very low. I feel best if it's between 90 and 100.

nwo2012 is right - when the days get shorter and the weather colder you will need up to four times as much thyroid hormones. So every deficit in this department is going to feel many times worse than during summer.

You still drink that much milk? Is it low fat milk? In the EU the cows are being fed corn, especially during winter. The percentage of corn in the food is up to 80%. So there is more and more PUFA in the milk. Maybe you should try drinking 2 litres of half fat milk for a while and make sure you get enough orange juice?

I am sure the problem is your thyroid gland.

'I think it's better to use thyroid (including T3) to solve the basic problem, since it will let you regulate the balance between hormones, while allowing your cells to balance the minerals, retaining the magnesium needed. Increasing your intake of all the main minerals, calcium, sodium,potassium, and magnesium usually helps in the short term, but the balance isn't stable if your thyroid is low. Milk, orange juice, coffee (even decaffeinated coffee is a good source of magnesium), and well salted foods, support thyroid functions. Aspirin helps with thyroid function and mineral balance, even helps to prevent excessive estrogen production.' Ray Peat

It will get better with the thyroid supplement. Are you using aspirin? It will keep PUFA out of your blood stream.

G

gummybear

Did you take the temperature in the morning before getting up under your tongue? As I have told you the temperature during the day doesn't depend on the thyroid gland alone. Are you using salt? I need at least 3 table spoons a day.

My pulse is going up and down. I'm positively 100% sure i'm hypothyroid....and I don't trust my pulse or temp really that much. I had 36,1 this morning (took it before I got up from bed). The signs are so obvious when I think about it. Cold feet, bad mood, cold hands, tired all-the-time, I can put on weight super easy though I don't eat much, tired eyes, lack of concentration, etc etc etc. I take salt now and it's improving my conditions, no doubt (stronger libido).

You still drink that much milk? Is it low fat milk? In the EU the cows are being fed corn, especially during winter. The percentage of corn in the food is up to 80%. So there is more and more PUFA in the milk. Maybe you should try drinking 2 litres of half fat milk for a while and make sure you get enough orange juice?

It's usually between 3-4 liters. Sometimes more. I try to get my milk from a local small dairy, they fed the cows grass but the milk is somewhat more expensive. But i'm worth it :cool:

It will get better with the thyroid supplement. Are you using aspirin? It will keep PUFA out of your blood stream.

I haven't used any aspirin...I ordered some vit k2 but I haven't received it. Have used my white willow bark I had at home. It helps a little.

peatarian

gummybear said:

My pulse is going up and down. I'm positively 100% sure i'm hypothyroid....and I don't trust my pulse or temp really that much. I had 36,1 this morning (took it before I got up from bed). The signs are so obvious when I think about it. Cold feet, bad mood, cold hands, tired all-the-time, I can put on weight super easy though I don't eat much, tired eyes, lack of concentration, etc etc etc. I take salt now and it's improving my conditions, no doubt (stronger libido).

* The resting pulse is the important part. 36,1 is really low. If this continues a few days in a row I think you are really safe to try thyroid supplement. The not-eating-much was before Ray Peat, right? Because it would further slow your metabolism. Great about the salt!

It's usually between 3-4 liters. Sometimes more. I try to get my milk from a local small dairy, they fed the cows grass but the milk is somewhat more expensive. But i'm worth it :cool:

* But I suppose it's still whole milk with 3,8 or more percent fat? Ray Peat recommends the low fat milk. I would try to cut down the milk consume for a while. Be careful if it's not pasteurized. This might cause stomach troubles.

I haven't used any aspirin...I ordered some vit k2 but I haven't received it. Have used my white willow bark I had at home. It helps a little.

OP
N

narouz

peatarian said:
narouz said:
I'm just saying,
right?

Actually, it can ...

'It has never been tested whether the surgical removal of the appendix is the best treatment for acute appendicitis. (It is not.)' Ray Peat

'Serotonin is a neurotransmitter as well as mediator of inflammation. It is suggested that reduced staining for serotonin in painful appendices reflects discharge of stores which could be instrumental in inducing the pain in these cases. Continued serotonin release may then lead to acute appendicitis.'
http://www.functionalps.com/blog/

“At least for appendicitis, perforating disease may not be an inevitable outcome from delayed treatment of nonperforating disease. If appendicitis represents the same pathophysiologic process as diverticulitis, it may be amenable to antibiotic rather than surgical treatment.”
http://blog.smu.edu/research/2011/04/26 ... endicitis/

http://www.dannyroddy.com/your-gut-from ... the-evolut

https://www.medify.com/insights/article ... ep-forward

'Most patients with acute appendicitis undergo appendectomy initially. For those treated nonoperatively, the recurrence rate is low. Routine IA after initial successful nonoperative treatment is not justified and should be abandoned.'

I haven't found any studies about ondansetron or other serotonin suppressing treatment of patients with appendicitis. I am not sure if Ray Peat thinks antibiotic therapy is the way to go. If so he would certainly recommend tetracycline derivates and not the kinds used in the clinical trials.
I do know that he considers appendectomies to be just as necessary and useful as hysterectomies.

Thank you very much, peatarian!

All that stuff is fascinating, and I especially liked the quote from Peat:

"It has never been tested whether the surgical removal of the appendix is the best treatment for acute appendicitis. (It is not.)"

Is that something he communicated to you, or is it from somewhere in his published stuff?

So yes, I have to say you provide a surprising (well, to me), Peatian counter-argument.
I would still have to say that,
practically speaking,
even if I knew of these views half-a-year ago when I was rolling around on the floor
with an intense and bizarre pain in my abdomen,
and shuffling/crawling the (luckily only) two blocks to the emergency room...

...well, it still would not be a realistic option for me to persuade the doctors
that I just wanted antibiotics--no surgery.
Hell, I couldn't even persuade myself to go that route
even if they would go along with me
because I was in such severe pain I was effectively out-of-control
and kind of at their mercy.

But I agree that, theoretically, surgery may not be the best option,
in a perfect world,
or even a really good Peatian world.

I guess I'm not as radical as some Peatatarians
in the sense that I don't see modern medicine as being absolutely and completely worthless and corrupt.
If I found I had a malignant mole on my skin, for instance,
I would probably still want to have it surgically removed
rather than eating all the right Peat foods and bag breathing and red light bathing to the max
hoping that practicing The Peat Way super intensely would reverse the cancerous process.
(It might! I do appreciate your perspective and I do share it up to a point.)

I do wonder about the timing of my lovely appendicitis:
Why did it come about 2 months after I began the Peat Thing?
It is tempting to wonder if there is not some kind of cleansing stage
that happens shortly after changing over to Peating.
But Peat, to my mind, does not seem to discuss anything like that--
some cleansing stage,
which is a stage one does commonly find in a lot of alternative diet/lifestyles.

But thanks again, peatarian.
I didn't think there would be such coherent, documented, Peatian counter-arguments
to a health crisis like acute appendicitis.

peatarian

I am sorry that I sometimes don't know the sources of the Peat quotes I know by heart.
It's the case with the one about the removal of the appendix. I remember somebody here asking about RPs opinion on placebos. I remember his opinion but couldn't find the source. I suspect he's been removing lots of older articles from the web. I wasn't expecting this - so I never saved them anywhere.

I am really sorry that you went through this terrible pain and I know what you mean when you say you had to trust your doctors at that point. I didn't mean to make you feel bad. I just don't like the advice: 'Go see a doctor.' This is how every horror story I've ever heard and experienced started. Unfortunately that's exactly how "modern medicine" works - through the pain and the fear of the patients who need help and try to find it in hospitals.

I once asked Ray Peat why we had to make the most important and hardest decisions of our lives at precisely the time when we are weakest, most afraid and very much in need of help. He answered me with a quote: 'Living is a constant process of deciding what we are going to do.' Jose Ortega y Gasset
To me it meant that living means being in charge, making your own decisions - when you stop doing that you kind of give up your live.

If you were well enough to think things through, to do your research and ask questions, to doubt your doctor's opinion -- we would not have the medicine we have today.

One of the best quotes (in my opinion) by Ray Peat is "Medicine it not an exact science. It's not a science at all. It's an armed religion."

I cannot tell you why you had the appendicitis at the time you had it. The first thing Ray Peat ever advised me to do was to use aspirin because it would keep stored PUFA out of my blood stream, activate my thyroid gland and help the mitochondria respiration by inhibiting COX2. The second step was to use thyroid supplement and coconut oil.

I have never encountered anyone who started Ray Peat without any kind of physical or psychic trouble. Usually you don't start looking for a better way if you haven't been going in the wrong direction for a long time. Ray Peat can guide you but you'll have to walk yourself, making one step after the other. He's not going to beam you to a place of health.

In my case a lot had been wrong for a very long time. When I started to seek help I went to doctors - I collected useless diagnoses for years while I got sicker and sicker. Still I had been taught all my life that if sick, you go to the ones with the white coats. It took me years to find out how twisted, perverted and wrong this medical system is. Medical students learn from textbooks and teachers that are 30, 40, 50 years old and were wrong in the first place. Everything they learn is based on a wrong cell model, on completely ridiculous ideas of how the organism works. The only skill enhancement they get is sponsored by pharma companies. Doctors learn which pill to prescribe for what symptom.

Any doctor you are likely to encounter will hydrate you by giving you Ringer lactate intravenously. Tell him this is going to destroy your liver and has never been shown to have benefits and he will start disliking you. Ask them about serotonin - the happy hormone! Ask them about iron - you'll probably need it for a healthy blood volume. Ask them about omega 3, 6, 9 - and they will tell you to eat lots of fish so you don't get a deficiency. Ask them why they still give oxygen to their patients when it's known that it's toxic while CO2 will help them. Ask them about the importance of light or what cholesterol is needed for. Ask them about estrogen (if you're a woman they'll probably offer to prescribe it to you) or how calcium and vitamin D3 are connected. Ask them for a thyroid supplement when your TSH is below 5 and try to convince them that your pulse should not be 60 and your temperature is not fine at 35,6 celcius or that cold hands and feet are not normal. If you find one who will prescribe you thyroid supplement convince him that you need one containing T3.
Doctors know nothing.

There is not one situation I can imagine when I would ever again go to a hospital. If I was lying in the street with a knife between my ribs I would call Ray Peat, not an ambulance. I stay away from doctors.
The more Ray Peat you read the more you see that everything he knows is the opposite of today's medical opinion and practice. I have experienced over and over again that he is right and the others are wrong.

pete

Allopathic medicine is good for some surgeries and some emergencies, but not so much for chronic conditions, and that's because it is a for-profit business run by the profiteers.

It is a legal monopoly over other types of medicine.

Managing disease and keeping you sick is profitable.

crX

It is frightening because it's so hard to be prepared for any medical scenario that might come at you. By the time that doctors indicate a cause for concern and want to do more, possibly harmful testing or procedures, you may not be aware of the controversies and some of the other options that are available. You end up feeling pressured by your doctor, family or friends and the general consensus that people feel that a certain thing is the way to proceed. I mean some things are just so pervasive that people rarely question them and they act like you're being paranoid if you do. Even if you are well enough to question, your doctor may indicate pressure for time (things may get worse) or the uncertainty (now that they've identified "something") of not knowing if you don't proceed with tests or a procedure right away, etc. Ultimately, at least for myself, it just seems like it's set up to instill fear -- and it does. I had this happen to me, had an invasive test done that just didn't seem necessary and that I now wish I hadn't, but then I hadn't read Peat back then....

Ray-Z

peatarian said:
I am sorry that I sometimes don't know the sources of the Peat quotes I know by heart.
It's the case with the one about the removal of the appendix. I remember somebody here asking about RPs opinion on placebos. I remember his opinion but couldn't find the source. I suspect he's been removing lots of older articles from the web. I wasn't expecting this - so I never saved them anywhere.

I am really sorry that you went through this terrible pain and I know what you mean when you say you had to trust your doctors at that point. I didn't mean to make you feel bad. I just don't like the advice: 'Go see a doctor.' This is how every horror story I've ever heard and experienced started. Unfortunately that's exactly how "modern medicine" works - through the pain and the fear of the patients who need help and try to find it in hospitals.

I once asked Ray Peat why we had to make the most important and hardest decisions of our lives at precisely the time when we are weakest, most afraid and very much in need of help. He answered me with a quote: 'Living is a constant process of deciding what we are going to do.' Jose Ortega y Gasset
To me it meant that living means being in charge, making your own decisions - when you stop doing that you kind of give up your live.

If you were well enough to think things through, to do your research and ask questions, to doubt your doctor's opinion -- we would not have the medicine we have today.

One of the best quotes (in my opinion) by Ray Peat is "Medicine it not an exact science. It's not a science at all. It's an armed religion."

I cannot tell you why you had the appendicitis at the time you had it. The first thing Ray Peat ever advised me to do was to use aspirin because it would keep stored PUFA out of my blood stream, activate my thyroid gland and help the mitochondria respiration by inhibiting COX2. The second step was to use thyroid supplement and coconut oil.

I have never encountered anyone who started Ray Peat without any kind of physical or psychic trouble. Usually you don't start looking for a better way if you haven't been going in the wrong direction for a long time. Ray Peat can guide you but you'll have to walk yourself, making one step after the other. He's not going to beam you to a place of health.

In my case a lot had been wrong for a very long time. When I started to seek help I went to doctors - I collected useless diagnoses for years while I got sicker and sicker. Still I had been taught all my life that if sick, you go to the ones with the white coats. It took me years to find out how twisted, perverted and wrong this medical system is. Medical students learn from textbooks and teachers that are 30, 40, 50 years old and were wrong in the first place. Everything they learn is based on a wrong cell model, on completely ridiculous ideas of how the organism works. The only skill enhancement they get is sponsored by pharma companies. Doctors learn which pill to prescribe for what symptom.

Any doctor you are likely to encounter will hydrate you by giving you Ringer lactate intravenously. Tell him this is going to destroy your liver and has never been shown to have benefits and he will start disliking you. Ask them about serotonin - the happy hormone! Ask them about iron - you'll probably need it for a healthy blood volume. Ask them about omega 3, 6, 9 - and they will tell you to eat lots of fish so you don't get a deficiency. Ask them why they still give oxygen to their patients when it's known that it's toxic while CO2 will help them. Ask them about the importance of light or what cholesterol is needed for. Ask them about estrogen (if you're a woman they'll probably offer to prescribe it to you) or how calcium and vitamin D3 are connected. Ask them for a thyroid supplement when your TSH is below 5 and try to convince them that your pulse should not be 60 and your temperature is not fine at 35,6 celcius or that cold hands and feet are not normal. If you find one who will prescribe you thyroid supplement convince him that you need one containing T3.
Doctors know nothing.

There is not one situation I can imagine when I would ever again go to a hospital. If I was lying in the street with a knife between my ribs I would call Ray Peat, not an ambulance. I stay away from doctors.
The more Ray Peat you read the more you see that everything he knows is the opposite of today's medical opinion and practice. I have experienced over and over again that he is right and the others are wrong.

I like to give credit where credit is due, and Peatarian's polemic above is thoughtful, moving, and exceedingly well-written.

peatarian

crX said:
It is frightening because it's so hard to be prepared for any medical scenario that might come at you. By the time that doctors indicate a cause for concern and want to do more, possibly harmful testing or procedures, you may not be aware of the controversies and some of the other options that are available. You end up feeling pressured by your doctor, family or friends and the general consensus that people feel that a certain thing is the way to proceed. I mean some things are just so pervasive that people rarely question them and they act like you're being paranoid if you do. Even if you are well enough to question, your doctor may indicate pressure for time (things may get worse) or the uncertainty (now that they've identified "something") of not knowing if you don't proceed with tests or a procedure right away, etc. Ultimately, at least for myself, it just seems like it's set up to instill fear -- and it does. I had this happen to me, had an invasive test done that just didn't seem necessary and that I now wish I hadn't, but then I hadn't read Peat back then....

What you write breaks my heart. I know the situation you describe and just like you I gave in and had so many harmful things done to me - with my consent. It's hard for me to forgive myself because even at that time I felt it was wrong. On the other hand it's the knowledge of the mistakes in my past that gives me the strength to ignore the mainstream opinions and the lack of comprehension from some people today.

kettlebell

This thread should now be stickied.

Peatarian your writing is poetic.

The other BIG thing I really appreciate from people like you is that you have adhered to this way of living for years (From what I can tell) and you are obviously thriving on it AND as he works at nutrition from a celular level, it works for EVERYONE, only dosages change. That gives me faith in this approach (If that is the right word to use?) even though the research, common sense and anecdote is there, years of dogma can sometimes niggle in the back of your mind (For those starting out on this approach to living) in regards to certain recommendations.

For me it was the salt intake.

Today I have consumed 2 tablespoons already in my foods so im getting there.

Before getting used to the idea of increased salt, my nutrition was incomplete therefore not working as it should.

Even now when I throw down a load of salt I get slightly fearful and it will likely take some time to re adjust to what is healthful.

peatarian

kettlebell said:
For me it was the salt intake.

Today I have consumed 2 tablespoons already in my foods so im getting there.

Before getting used to the idea of increased salt, my nutrition was incomplete therefore not working as it should.

Even now when I throw down a load of salt I get slightly fearful and it will likely take some time to re adjust to what is healthful.

You are right. It takes time and strength to change things and Ray Peat is one single voice that is not singing along - sometimes nearly drowned out by the choir that sticks to its old lyrics. It takes time to hear him, to understand him and to integrate his thoughts into your life. But every little thing you change for the better will make a big difference; you don't need to do it all at ones. Sometimes it's these little things we tend to forget that turn everything around. For me it was salt, too - and sugar.

In an interview RP tells about his cousin (?) who used to be a football player. He broke his arm several times and x-rays confirmed that his bones had lost density. His career was over. A doctor then told the man to eat egg shell powder - half a teaspoon - every day. After three of four months his skeleton was perfect, the condition of the bones great, and he could play again.

In another interview RP talks about a young woman whose mother had suffered a stroke and was partially paralyzed. The young woman misunderstood something Peat had told her (he recommended soda, meaning Coca-Cola, she understood baking soda) and gave her mother baking soda. Her mother's paralysis was gone completely and never returned.

Then there is the story of the woman who could not use her hands anymore due to arthritis. They'd turned into claws. She used gelatin and after a few months her hands were fine.

Egg shell powder, baking soda, gelatin - it sounds like a fairy tale.

Attachments

• info.JPG
    info.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 53
  • info2.JPG
    info2.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 55

kettlebell

Thats what I love about our bodies. Give them what they need and their ability to repair and regenerate is almost beyond belief.

The reason it is beyond belief probably stems from the mediocrity 99% of people find with their bodies thanks to the toxic diets they eat.

peatarian

kettlebell said:
Thats what I love about our bodies. Give them what they need and their ability to repair and regenerate is almost beyond belief.

The reason it is beyond belief probably stems from the mediocrity 99% of people find with their bodies thanks to the toxic diets they eat.

And the toxic air and the toxic electromagnetic fields and the toxic darkness ...

Have you read this? http://www.dannyroddy.com/an-interview- ... at-part-ii

Question: In an ideal environment in all aspects of the word ideal (mind, body, spirit), how long do you believe our bodies were designed to live?

“I have never seen evidence that they contain any principle of mortality, and in recent years the suspicion that we contain all the equipment needed for perpetual renewal, given the right circumstances, is seeming to be increasingly plausible. ”
— Raymond Peat, PhD

kettlebell

Thanks Peatarian,

I will re-read that article :):

electromagnetic fields

I find this subject very interesting also. I have seen and heard about a lot of people wearing those magnetic field bracelets/necklaces and anecdotally many have found they seem to have benefits. The benefits? I don't know what they were. Placebo effect?

Are they a load of pap? Is there any science to it? I can't see how they would work but is what they are meant to do something we would want to do

Are there any ways one might mitigate the damage from the negative electromagnetic fields so many things around us emit (Mobile phones, tablet computers, laptops, tv's, radios, microwaves and everything else electronic)

crX

peatarian said:
crX said:

What you write breaks my heart. I know the situation you describe and just like you I gave in and had so many harmful things done to me - with my consent. It's hard for me to forgive myself because even at that time I felt it was wrong. On the other hand it's the knowledge of the mistakes in my past that gives me the strength to ignore the mainstream opinions and the lack of comprehension from some people today.

I could tell by some of your posts that you felt as I do about mainstream medicine. It's very sad that these things have happened to us, but I think it happens all of the time. My thing happened about five years ago, and I felt sooo alone in my thoughts and doubts. I went and got a second opinion but of course I just got another medical professional who would not contradict the views of another doctor. I just didn't have any rational person to talk to about it and didn't feel like I could get an unbiased answer. I went along, I'm only human. Most of my life, I've had a more or less blind faith in western medicine. Now I am skeptical of everything. I always think of my great-aunt who lived to be a healthy 103 who always attributed her longevity to "avoiding doctors."

Sometimes I find myself in these situations in life where I'm thinking "Can EVERYBODY ELSE be wrong?" The answer is YES! How many times do I have to learn the "trust your instincts" lesson? :cry:

When I read some Ray Peat's views of medicine years later I felt like he had restored my faith in humanity. I also feel very grateful to find this like-minded group of souls, because now mine doesn't feel quite so alone and heavy.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals