Depression/Arthritis And Antibiotics

misery guts

Quick intro: I'm a 30 year old male, who around the age of 14/15 developed depression. I haven't since then experienced enjoyment - except for about a week maybe 5 years ago whilst beginning a ketogenic diet (it eventually faded, as did my ability to not eat carbohydrate). My mental life generally consists of anxiety and fear. I also, around the same time, developed knee pain. It comes and goes, almost totally disappearing on a ketogenic diet.

I would never have linked these two things, until I read this article: Curing Arthritis and Depression with Diet and Antibiotics - Perfect Health Diet | Perfect Health Diet

Which I obviously found pretty fascinating. After reading Jaminet's follow up comments, I've been considering starting this: Treatment Protocols | Cpnhelp.org

But have put that plan on hold since discovering Peat. I'm fairly certain I'm also hypothyroid (very fine hair, cold hands, dry skin, muscle cramps, overweightish, and the mental signs that seem to essentially mirror depression), and this forum has been a bit of a revelation. I'm pretty much going to have to bankrupt myself buying these antibiotics, but before I do so, I was hoping to ask some questions from those of you more clued up on Peat!

1: Do you see any particular issues regarding the above antibiotics treatment plan? I've noticed it mentioned elsewhere that Peat is not much interested in the positives of the gut microbiome, so are there any other metabolic issues that these antibiotics could cause?

2: Do you see any particular issues with the supplements listed here: Easing mitochondrial stress in chronic Chlamydia pneumoniae infections
I know the omega 3 fishoils already are a no no. How about the others?

3: Do you think methylene blue would work well in tandem with an antibiotic protocal like this, or perhaps cause complications?

4: At 13:20 in this video Haidut says if your temperature raises after taking niacinimide and aspirin, you can tell you if the reason you're not getting enough thyroid hormone in your cells is either due to elevated fatty acids or a chronic infection. But which one!? Does increased temperature after application mean infection, or too many fatty acids?

Sorry this is such a crappy, disjointed post. I would happily ramble on endlessly but I'm hoping for some of you to actually read the thread and please share any info you think might be relevant! Thanks x

I think outside of a clean room, you will eventually be re-colonized by bacteria if you manage to sterilize your intestines. I think emulating Peat's low level consumption of non-toxic antibiotics is the only practical way to use antibiotics for health. If you have a low level infection, it follows that a low level treatment is called for. In my opinion, the lactic acid bacteria are the good guys and higher fodmaps foods support them and displaces the putrefactive species. I have noticed opinions vary widely here on this subject so keep in mind this is just one opinion.