Dairy is Scary! The industry explained in 5 minutes

Nebula

This looks similar to the farms around me. There is a farm at the end of my street that looks almost identical to the farm in the video. All these little farms in Ontario are part of the milk supply that makes up the major brands. They use hay in the winter as part of their feed. I know this because they cut my hay for me last year and we split the yield (I took some and they took some). Their farms are reasonably clean and I see cows from various farms at pasture in the summer.

I guess it's different in the States?
It’s a mix. Cheapest milk suppliers mostly use indoor feed lots with hundreds of cows. Health food stores usually have a brand that source from dairies like the one in this video. But smaller family owned semi pastured dairies often sell to major milk suppliers too, but in many areas have gone bankrupt and shut down.

ursidae

I drank raw milk from one of the best sources i could find and while it tasted insanely good and fresh ... i immediately had this feeling in my head. It wasn't bad but it seemed to affect my body/brain realy oddly. I assume it has something to do with all the bacteria and wethere or not one is stable enough. I am often confused how it is advertised as the food for leaky gut (i know i know, living food, enzymes, natural fat particles, probiotics ...) but if there is some undesired stuff in there ... i feel for the blood circulation and the brain.
Casomorphin

Atman

Hey, I seen this video before. Quite heart breaking and distressing to see.
I have been pretty much only drinking milk since finding Rat Peat, and thought it was an ideal food, but it seems no food is really an ideal food.

What do you guys think?

>1 Post by this ID.

Nebula

>1 Post by this ID.
Lol. Good catch. Wouldn’t be surprised if the Ray Peat online community is on the radar of PETA, World Economic Forum, and the United Nations as a diet trend to discredit and turn people off dairy. These organizations don’t even promote humane pastured dairy. They argue for even more genetically engineered feed and livestock to get more out of fewer of them with high automation of dairies.

michael94

Lol. Good catch. Wouldn’t be surprised if the Ray Peat online community is on the radar of PETA, World Economic Forum, and the United Nations as a diet trend to discredit and turn people off dairy. These organizations don’t even promote humane pastured dairy. They argue for even more genetically engineered feed and livestock to get more out of fewer of them with high automation of dairies.
Peta argues for more automation of dairy? Source?

Some dairy farms are definitely bad. Saw this on 4chan just now

Kavie

Same here. We have a lot of 100% grass-based biodynamic farms practicing calf at foot (keeping the calves with their mothers) in and around New Hampshire.

Some sources I’ve read say it is and some say it isn’t. When I had SIBO, all fermented foods would trigger symptoms (rash, gastritis, brain fog, depression etc.), but raw and cultured dairy in particular were the worst—my throat would actually swell within minutes of having any. I found that ultra-pasteurized was the least triggering form of dairy.

I’ve had so many types of milk—fresh, powdered, raw, pasteurized, ultra-pasteurized, non-homogenized, homogenized, A1, A2, 100% grass-fed, grass and grain-fed et.—and from many different farms and breeds of cow and goat, and found that pasteurized store bought milk can be just as health-promoting and tasty as raw milk. I even found some pasteurized milks to be better tolerated, tastier and just as humanely produced as some of the raw milk I’ve had.

There’s a brand of pasteurized milk I get at the store that taste just as good as the raw milk I get from two 100% grass-based biodynamic farms near me. It comes from a dairy in a neighboring State that has been breeding Jerseys for a century and the cows actually sleep on waterbeds. lol They have a Lely Astronaut robotic milking system which allows the cows to be milked at will—they just line up in the milking parlor whenever they want to be milked—and allows the farmhands to spend more time with them rather than at their hind end milking. They also have robots that look like a modified R2-D2 that help them clean and nudge food to the cows. They say this system has made their Jerseys happier, more relaxed and playful.

Same here. The industrial feedlots shown in plant-based documentaries look nothing like the farms I have (and have personally visited) around me. Even some of the brand name milk sold at major supermarket chains like Organic Valley and Stonyfield (I actually grew up near them) get their milk from small, family farms. Last I checked, Organic Valley has a section on their website where customers can find out exactly which farms are supplying the milk for their (the customers) region. For example—the UNH Organic Dairy Research Farm at the University of New Hampshire is one farm that supplies for Organic Valley:

There is no comparison between pasteurized and raw milk from a health perspective. And to me full fat fresh raw milk is by far the best tasting.

Pasteurization​

Pasteurization is a process of heat treating milk to kill bacteria. Although Louis Pasteur developed this technique for preserving beer and wine, he was not responsible for applying it to milk. That was done at the end of the 1800s as a temporary solution until filthy urban dairies could find a way to produce cleaner milk. But instead of cleaning up milk production, dairies used pasteurization as a way to cover up dirty milk. As milk became more mass produced, pasteurization became necessary for large dairies to increase their profits. So the public then had to be convinced that pasteurized milk was safer than raw milk. Soon raw milk consumption was blamed for all sorts of diseases and outbreaks until the public was finally convinced that pasteurized milk was superior to milk in its natural state.

Today if you mention raw milk, many people gasp and utter ridiculous statements like, “You can die from drinking raw milk!” But the truth is that there are far more risks from drinking pasteurized milk than unpasteurized milk. Raw milk naturally contains healthy bacteria that inhibit the growth of undesirable and dangerous organisms. Without these friendly bacteria, pasteurized milk is more susceptible to contamination. Furthermore, modern equipment, such as milking machines, stainless steel tanks and refrigerated trucks, make it entirely possible to bring clean, raw milk to the market anywhere in the US.

Not only does pasteurization kill the friendly bacteria, it also greatly diminishes the nutrient content of the milk. Pasteurized milk has up to a 66 percent loss of vitamins A, D and E. Vitamin C loss usually exceeds 50 percent. Heat affects water soluble vitamins and can make them 38 percent to 80 percent less effective. Vitamins B6 and B12 are completely destroyed during pasteurization. Pasteurization also destroys beneficial enzymes, antibodies and hormones. Pasteurization destroys lipase (an enzyme that breaks down fat), which impairs fat metabolism and the ability to properly absorb fat soluble vitamins A and D. (The dairy industry is aware of the diminished vitamin D content in commercial milk, so they fortify it with a form of this vitamin.)

We have all been led to believe that milk is a wonderful source of calcium, when in fact, pasteurization makes calcium and other minerals less available. Complete destruction of phosphatase is one method of testing to see if milk has been adequately pasteurized. Phosphatase is essential for the absorption of calcium.

Korven

I’ve had so many types of milk—fresh, powdered, raw, pasteurized, ultra-pasteurized, non-homogenized, homogenized, A1, A2, 100% grass-fed, grass and grain-fed et.—and from many different farms and breeds of cow and goat, and found that pasteurized store bought milk can be just as health-promoting and tasty as raw milk. I even found some pasteurized milks to be better tolerated, tastier and just as humanely produced as some of the raw milk I’ve had.

There’s a brand of pasteurized milk I get at the store that taste just as good as the raw milk I get from two 100% grass-based biodynamic farms near me. It comes from a dairy in a neighboring State that has been breeding Jerseys for a century and the cows actually sleep on waterbeds. lol They have a Lely Astronaut robotic milking system which allows the cows to be milked at will—they just line up in the milking parlor whenever they want to be milked—and allows the farmhands to spend more time with them rather than at their hind end milking. They also have robots that look like a modified R2-D2 that help them clean and nudge food to the cows. They say this system has made their Jerseys happier, more relaxed and playful.

Thanks that makes me feel better about the pasteurized store bought milk. To be fair it does taste very good and I'm sure the cows are taken well care of as it's organic and cows in Sweden live pretty good lives from what I understand, they get to spend a lot of time roaming around outside in pastures etc. For me I feel like homogenization is a bigger issue than pasteurization, there's something weird about mechanically breaking apart the fat globules and digestion seems better when I stick with the more unrefined stuff.

I actually live right next to a dairy farm that got one of those robot milking systems installed, must be way better for both the cows and the farmers. Haven't heard about R2 D2s dairy robots though - that sounds great :smiley:

Jennifer

There is no comparison between pasteurized and raw milk from a health perspective.

I used to believe that back when I followed WAPF, despite my experience proving otherwise—all that bacteria was making me sicker and destroying my skin when I had the SIBO. Thankfully, Ray gave me a new perspective on bacteria and pasteurization and I’m now able to tolerate more than just fruit. Life is so much better to me with hot cocoa and cheesecake in it. :)

Thanks that makes me feel better about the pasteurized store bought milk. To be fair it does taste very good and I'm sure the cows are taken well care of as it's organic and cows in Sweden live pretty good lives from what I understand, they get to spend a lot of time roaming around outside in pastures etc. For me I feel like homogenization is a bigger issue than pasteurization, there's something weird about mechanically breaking apart the fat globules and digestion seems better when I stick with the more unrefined stuff.

I actually live right next to a dairy farm that got one of those robot milking systems installed, must be way better for both the cows and the farmers. Haven't heard about R2 D2s dairy robots though - that sounds great :smiley:

Good! I’m glad. :) I prefer non-homogenized too, but mainly because I skim my milk.

Oh, neat! The technology really is amazing. I still find it wild (and brilliant) that the cows at the farm I mentioned have heated waterbeds. They look so relaxed just chillin’ on them. lol

Atman

Peat once said something along the lines of: "There is a reason why they want you to eat beans and grains."
I am not saying that there is necessarily evil intent behind the scenes, but I also find it highly suspicious that the vast majority of health foods and diet ideas pushed in the last decades are anti-metabolic / de-evolutionairy. If you assume only financial motives, you would expect the trends to fall equally on either side.

DawN

Well, we are not helpless against it at all. Just ditch the dairy! And the eggs too. Do it like the lions do, kill if you’re most hungry, that’s it. Man is a predatory species, face this fact. Dairy is such a bothersome “food”. Even the calves get it for a very limited time, so it’s definitely not the optimal nutrition, more so for grown out animals. Either way it’s not a source of natural food for man. Aurochs was not exterminated without...well, “reason” - good luck trying to milk them...
Dairy sucks, and to stand it you have to use coffee and other stimulants or it will just dull you. And keep in mind: Karma is real. This society is build upon the cruelest form of slavery against some selected species, now we become enslaved ourselves equally. This I call justice! Would the mass husbandry end from now on, this whole convid-scam would end at the same moment. But it will continue until we have understood some of the most important principles of life...
Corona is an exam. Most will fail. Which is a good thing also. Say good night to your flask lil‘ baby boy...

DawN

Peat once said something along the lines of: "There is a reason why they want you to eat beans and grains."
I am not saying that there is necessarily evil intent behind the scenes, but I also find it highly suspicious that the vast majority of health foods and diet ideas pushed in the last decades are anti-metabolic / de-evolutionairy. If you assume only financial motives, you would expect the trends to fall equally on either side.
Likewise there is a reason why some high ranking chinese politician said something along the lines like “it’s the aim of the communist party that someday every chinese child will have the opportunity to drink milk for breakfast...”
Enslaving really is the domain of this international bolshevik scum...

DawN

Have you ever raised farm animals? That's their whole mission in life.
Well, the bolshevik elite just thinks about you very similar: you are born to serve them. And for now they already have their robots in place so your puny contribution is not needed anymore, convid will take care of you and of kindred spirit...

Nemo

But this has become a normal way of life for us. It's sickening, and again we are helpless against it.

Nassim Taleb has shown that it takes only a determined 3-4% of a population to effect change.

That's how every grocery store started selling "organic" food.

GelatinGoblin

I don't know if we deserved it, but we certainly live with it as if it's something we have to accept. But because the way things are is forced on the different countries by the might of US hegemony, even as the US is a puppet of commercial elite interests, much of the world follows the hegemon's ways.

Consider if an independent country were to make milk the humane way, it would have milk that costs more to make, and it would be selling at a higher price. Then the US would want to sell its lower-priced inhumanely produced milk to this country. If the country refuses because the milk is inhumanely produced, the US would call this practice protectionist. Then the country will say fine we can buy your milk, but we will impose tariffs on it. Then the US will put sanctions on this country and require the country to lift its tariffs for the sanctions to be lifted. Once the tariff is lifted, the local humane milk producers will have to adopt inhumane but lower-cost milk producing methods in order to stay competitive. Since most consumers will simply buy the lowest cost milk, regardless of it being humanely or inhumanely produced, that country's milk industry will, out of survival, have no choice but to be inhumane to the cows, as seen in the video.

Business wins. The cow and its species loses as they suffer torture daily from the inhumane acts of making cows produce milk.

Just see what happens when the president of a country refuses to kowtow to the world order because he smells a rat, he is disappeared if he doesn't get a heart attack. Two Covid coups have happened in Africa because their presidents care more for their people than the world health syndicate, aka WHO : Tanzania – The second Covid coup?
Damn...

GelatinGoblin

I really hope this forum is archived often.
Evil prevails.

I think this more likely maybe a lurker, or just someone who wants the opinion of the forum.

GelatinGoblin

Well, we are not helpless against it at all. Just ditch the dairy! And the eggs too. Do it like the lions do, kill if you’re most hungry, that’s it. Man is a predatory species, face this fact. Dairy is such a bothersome “food”. Even the calves get it for a very limited time, so it’s definitely not the optimal nutrition, more so for grown out animals. Either way it’s not a source of natural food for man. Aurochs was not exterminated without...well, “reason” - good luck trying to milk them...
Dairy sucks, and to stand it you have to use coffee and other stimulants or it will just dull you. And keep in mind: Karma is real. This society is build upon the cruelest form of slavery against some selected species, now we become enslaved ourselves equally. This I call justice! Would the mass husbandry end from now on, this whole convid-scam would end at the same moment. But it will continue until we have understood some of the most important principles of life...
Corona is an exam. Most will fail. Which is a good thing also. Say good night to your flask lil‘ baby boy...
Ummm... Tell dairy is not an optimal food to the Mongolians, Massai and Europeans

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals