Wow, Peat Is Right! Milk And Dairy Really ARE Weight Loss Foods

Velve921

How much of each? What macros? How much PUFA? CRON-o-meter? How's salivary flow? Body temperature? Any issues with teeth? Does OJ acid cause problems or are you compensating somehow?

Body temper runs around 98.6-99 during the day.
Heart rate - 85-95 during the day.
Never had acid problems.
Use to have teeth pain - never have teeth pain now.
150-180 gram of protein per day
120-150 grams of fat per day
350-400 grams of carbs per day
PUFA is 5-7 a day

baccheion

Body temper runs around 98.6-99 during the day.
Heart rate - 85-95 during the day.
Never had acid problems.
Use to have teeth pain - never have teeth pain now.
150-180 gram of protein per day
120-150 grams of fat per day
350-400 grams of carbs per day
PUFA is 5-7 a day
So does saliva flow well? Any cavities? Do the liquids result in dry mouth? Are most of those macros from milk and OJ? 1% milk? Do you have before/after pics? What changes did you notice?

Velve921

So does saliva flow well? Any cavities? Do the liquids result in dry mouth? Are most of those macros from milk and OJ? 1% milk? Do you have before/after pics? What changes did you notice?

Yes it flows well.
No dry mouth ever.
No cavities.
Most macros are from gelatin, ice cream, dark chocolate, and sugar.
Small amounts of OJ, whole milk, cheese, coconut oil.
no pics at this time.
High energy and low anxiety describes my response.

Jem Oz

@Velve921 did you ever try a low fat approach? I'd be curious to know how no starch/low meat/low fat compares with no starch/low meat/higher fat. I'm trying to drop weight, slowly and sensibly, and I've gone VLF and no starch. TBH I can see me running into problems soon as it's quite limiting and requires a lot of pre-planning. There's a lot of stories round these parts about low fat being the best approach to weight loss. Would love it if I could add things like chocolate and a few more meat options back into the mix.

Velve921

also @Velve921 how many calories do you come in at?

After experimenting for 7 years, low fat doesn’t work for me. I’ve tried over and over again and it destroys me. Can’t sleep and get anxious.
Even when trying B3, Aspirin, and other supplements to limit excessive fatty acids doesn’t help.

so I currently have to stick with high fat. And, I have to stick with gift calorie. I typically do 4500 kcals per day to keep stress low. Now, with that said, I currently work 90 hours per week in several start up ventures so stress is high and brain glucose gets depleted fast.

Many people have reported low fat yielding fat loss. But after 7 years this is what I would say, everyone’s bodies truly responds differently.

I do high sugar, high fat, and moderate protein.
Some people will have different ratios. You need to rest and retest to figure out what works.

But don’t just think in terms of macro nutrients. Think heavily about your micro nutrients. Heavily.
Think about insoluble fiber. Think about lifestyle choices.

The last thing I’ll say, before manipulating macro ratios, maximize your food that you are already bringing in.

if your gut is nasty start trying carrot, mushroom, bamboo, coffee.
If starch is rough, try fruit.
Try calcium rich foods. Try gelatin, try liver.
Getting food quality right before manipulating ratios has worked out in my favor.

equipoise

I also respond better to higher fat as long as on days im higher fat its:

a) from dairy (amazing response)
b) no starch that day (cruciall

high fat + starch = balloooooon

Sefton10

I also respond better to higher fat as long as on days im higher fat its:

a) from dairy (amazing response)
b) no starch that day (cruciall

high fat + starch = balloooooon
Same for me. I was adding cream (I still do to cooked fruit sometimes), but I've started just drinking full fat Jersey milk now instead of skim or semi-skim milk. Beef/lamb tallow always makes me nauseous if I overdo it, but dairy and cocoa butter are great. Zero starch is an important caveat though.

equipoise

Same for me. I was adding cream (I still do to cooked fruit sometimes), but I've started just drinking full fat Jersey milk now instead of skim or semi-skim milk. Beef/lamb tallow always makes me nauseous if I overdo it, but dairy and cocoa butter are great. Zero starch is an important caveat though.
There is no drinking milk for me if I'm eating starch all day. Even a smallest cup of milk will produce gas bacteria for me. It's weird.
Otherwise there's no upper limit to milk drinking. Few days ago I had a gallon of full fat (4,5%), non homogenized milk and it was amazing. I had a glass jar of really nice honey by my side and I exchanged drinking milk with eating honey by the spoonful. It's amazing, I must've done it for 4 hours straight, all whilst playing some bass.

Sefton10

Few days ago I had a gallon of full fat (4,5%), non homogenized milk and it was amazing.
I can honestly say this is the first time I've felt genuine warmth since falling into the Peat world. A cup and a half of full fat Jersey milk (local, unhomogenised) warmed with cocoa and 1 tbsp of maple syrup is like metabolic rocket fuel to me - warm hands and feet and heart rate up into the high 60s/low 70s for a good couple of hours.

I've been having the milk 3 times a day as well as 3 solid meals of eggs/beef with honey, fruit and mushrooms. Milk to start the day, as a mid-morning snack and before bed.

I've always been skeptical/dismissive of it but think there could be something to the A1 vs. A2 dairy thing as I never had this drinking whole A1 cow's milk. I've cut stuff like Skyr and Parmesan out now too and just sticking to Jersey and a bit of Feta cheese as A2 dairy sources.

I had a glass jar of really nice honey by my side and I exchanged drinking milk with eating honey by the spoonful. It's amazing, I must've done it for 4 hours straight, all whilst playing some bass.

So good with honey too! Sounds like you were in a good place with that combo :sunglasses:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals