Began To Eat According To Ray Peat = Weird Effects On My Body

Richiebogie

If the night sweats don't stop after a few weeks then try returning to the previous way of eating from 2 weeks ago.

Were you eating that much in the middle of the night before? Perhaps just a little OJ or a little milk is sufficient when you wake up at night.

You could be starting up your system like it is morning.

OP
M

max9505672

If the night sweats don't stop after a few weeks then try returning to the previous way of eating from 2 weeks ago.

Were you eating that much in the middle of the night before? Perhaps just a little OJ or a little milk is sufficient when you wake up at night.

You could be starting up your system like it is morning.
I was not eating in the middle of the night before since I wasn't waking up hungry. This only happened once though, I probably didn't eat enough the day before.

But my sleep is definitely worst these days.

OP
M

max9505672

Woah... I just saw stars.. Lots of colored dots blurred my vision for about 10 seconds... Didn't feel like I was going to collapse, only the vision thing...

First time of my life this happens.. I'm starting to not liking this at all...

Any idea what king of symptom this is?

OP
M

max9505672

I was suspecting milk to cause me those problems. Stopped for the last 2 days and basically went back to how I felt before which is nice.

It is weird though since I've never experienced that kind of réaction with milk before. Does organic milk has special properties that could have made me feel like that?

kiran

I was suspecting milk to cause me those problems. Stopped for the last 2 days and basically went back to how I felt before which is nice.

It is weird though since I've never experienced that kind of réaction with milk before. Does organic milk has special properties that could have made me feel like that?

It could be the increased fat consumption, what kind of milk are you drinking?
Another potential problem could be the lactose, how much milk were you drinking before and how much are you drinking now?
You might just be allergic to a particular brand of milk...

OP
M

max9505672

I am drinking 1% fat organic milk, between 500mL and 1L/day.

Before that, I wasn't drinking milk on a regular basis for more than 1 year, I just didn't buy any. And before that, when I was still at my parent's house, it was more accessible to me and I was drinking a lot more (o% and 1%). So I don't know if lactose intolerance is something that can be developed over time, but I definitely didn't have problem with before.

kiran

One last guess: I used to have trouble digesting milk if I took it with OJ. Have you tried giving a half hour between drinking the two?

Remedy

I suspect you're having an allergic reaction to something used in the processing or packaging of whatever brand you're using, and that you might be thinking that it being organic excludes that possibility, which, in my experience, it does not. My Mom, for instance, once changed the milk she was using (on my advice) from her usual "ordinary" processed milk -- Dairy Pure -- to a brand of organic, unhomogenized, low-temperature pasteurized, overall super-duper-natural-must-be-much-better-than-that-highly-processed-crap milk -- Kalona Super Natural -- and began suffering a clearly allergenic state...which, in both her and me, includes significant digestive issues that cause all sorts of fatigue and depressive feelings and other non-digestive things. She's had the same reaction when she's tried switching even to other "ordinary" milks, too, for what it's worth.

So, I would suggest a simple experiment:

Find out what milk your parents were buying, buy it -- same type, same container material, same size -- and see if that produces the same reaction.

Forsythia

Max, seeing stars could be a symptom of a drop in blood pressure. From everything you have stated in this thread, it sounds like you need more calories.

Could it possibly be the addition of Synthroid? I remember it took about 6 weeks to get TSH levels down and during that time I had many strange symptoms that the physician neglected to warn me about...anxiety, hypoglycemia which resulted in more anxiety attacks, hot flashes from Hell, etc. Check the symptoms out on the web. Adjusting to T4 is not always easy.

paymanz

Eat those peaty food only if you craving them.

Don't eat sugar,oj , milk if you don't have appetite for it.

Ray just de-demonized it ,he doesn't mean to eat as much as you can of these foods and you become healthy.

We by nature choice the sugar as food, that is our instinct . but we are not in natural environment , so need to avoid some impurities like PUFA and other toxins.also being aware to get nutrient we need, vitamins , minerals,etc.

So somthing between rays guidelines and what you crave,eat when you hungry.
That diet can look like a chimp's diet!

Its not a very especial kind of diet,I don't expect weired reaction from this way of eating.

OP
M

max9505672

I suspect you're having an allergic reaction to something used in the processing or packaging of whatever brand you're using, and that you might be thinking that it being organic excludes that possibility, which, in my experience, it does not. My Mom, for instance, once changed the milk she was using (on my advice) from her usual "ordinary" processed milk -- Dairy Pure -- to a brand of organic, unhomogenized, low-temperature pasteurized, overall super-duper-natural-must-be-much-better-than-that-highly-processed-crap milk -- Kalona Super Natural -- and began suffering a clearly allergenic state...which, in both her and me, includes significant digestive issues that cause all sorts of fatigue and depressive feelings and other non-digestive things. She's had the same reaction when she's tried switching even to other "ordinary" milks, too, for what it's worth.

So, I would suggest a simple experiment:

Find out what milk your parents were buying, buy it -- same type, same container material, same size -- and see if that produces the same reaction.
Would make sense since I really had an on/off reaction when starting/stopping it.

Good idea, I'll try another brand.

OP
M

max9505672

Max, seeing stars could be a symptom of a drop in blood pressure. From everything you have stated in this thread, it sounds like you need more calories.
That's a possibility but I track my calories daily to make sure I dont undereat and get enough nutrients so I doubt it.

I really suspect a kind of reaction to milk..

OP
M

max9505672

Could it possibly be the addition of Synthroid? I remember it took about 6 weeks to get TSH levels down and during that time I had many strange symptoms that the physician neglected to warn me about...anxiety, hypoglycemia which resulted in more anxiety attacks, hot flashes from Hell, etc. Check the symptoms out on the web. Adjusting to T4 is not always easy.
Thanks for your answer!

It could have a role but the fact that it stopped after
Eat those peaty food only if you craving them.

Don't eat sugar,oj , milk if you don't have appetite for it.

Ray just de-demonized it ,he doesn't mean to eat as much as you can of these foods and you become healthy.

We by nature choice the sugar as food, that is our instinct . but we are not in natural environment , so need to avoid some impurities like PUFA and other toxins.also being aware to get nutrient we need, vitamins , minerals,etc.

So somthing between rays guidelines and what you crave,eat when you hungry.
That diet can look like a chimp's diet!

Its not a very especial kind of diet,I don't expect weired reaction from this way of eating.
Absolutely right!

OP
M

max9505672

Small update.

Since I had those symptoms about 2 weeks ago, I completely stopped drinking milk since I suspected it to be the cause of issues. The symptoms (waking up in the middle of the night, sweating, hunger) then completely disappeared.

Then, yesterday, as @Remedy suggested, I tried another brand of milk. The symptoms immediately came up the night after. I woke up several times after nightmares, had several ''bodyjumps'' when waking up and I was a little hot/sweaty. Clearly a direct relationship between milk intake and bad sleep/reaction.

I'm still confused though if this a negative sign such as an allergic reaction or a positive side of liver clearing out toxins (as @Ella suggested). For now I'll stop consuming milk at least until I get my liver blood test results back. I'll update here then.

kiran

I woke up several times after nightmares, had several ''bodyjumps'' when waking up and I was a little hot/sweaty. Clearly a direct relationship between milk intake and bad sleep/reaction.

I wonder if you have gut overgrowth. I'll bet your carb consumption increased after starting peat. Carrot salad, mushrooms or even a course of antibiotics might help.

OP
M

max9505672

I wonder if you have gut overgrowth. I'll bet your carb consumption increased after starting peat. Carrot salad, mushrooms or even a course of antibiotics might help.
What is gut overgrowth and what causes it?

I eat a carrot salad daily, mushrooms couple times a week. I don't take any antibiotics.

kiran

What is gut overgrowth and what causes it?

I eat a carrot salad daily, mushrooms couple times a week. I don't take any antibiotics.

Both starch and sugar can feed bacteria in the gut and cause overgrowth, leading to milk intolerance. It might be worth trying a course of antibiotics to see if it helps your indigestion.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals