Dairy is Scary! The industry explained in 5 minutes

akgrrrl

And for all you young 'uns that think that full scale ops like that let you drive in and "check out their farms" Wow you are incredibly naive, misinformed, and idealistic. Just wow.

akgrrrl

reply to me instead of posting into thin air. im not, I was asking if you are
Yes. I have lived (owned property and businesses) in 5 different states and traveled to all 50 states in my work. Also 28 countries. You?

sjatte

Yes. I have lived (owned property and businesses) in 5 different states and traveled to all 50 states in my work. Also 28 countries. You?
I'm just saying that I'm talking about things here, what I know

And for all you young 'uns that think that full scale ops like that let you drive in and "check out their farms" Wow you are incredibly naive, misinformed, and idealistic. Just wow.
problem?

Kavie

Would be nice if we were back to the days where the milkman delivers milks in bottles, and those bottles came from nearby farms, and we could go to visit the farms on weekends and really see the cows grazing and their tails swishing happily. Or was that just a whitewashed movie?
Well where I live its fresh raw milk and free range eggs from the farm I visit. The 2 healthiest foods I know of. :): I'm sure you could find some non factory farmed food if you tried. Check out Weston a price organization for source info. :):

yerrag

Well where I live its fresh raw milk and free range eggs from the farm I visit. The 2 healthiest foods I know of. :): I'm sure you could find some non factory farmed food if you tried. Check out Weston a price organization for source info. :):
That's nice. Where are you at? I live in Manila and I have no access to fresh raw milk but if I lived in the provinces maybe I could.

Kavie

That's nice. Where are you at? I live in Manila and I have no access to fresh raw milk but if I lived in the provinces maybe I could.
gotta get out of the city and away from 5 G too... I lived in salt spring island Canada, now in San Marcos guatemala because of the covid Tryanny. Strangely enough they spray chemtrails here and in the small 10,000 population island in Canada. I wonder why they go to so much trouble even in small population areas?

Uselis

I am not sure if I am fully on topic with reply but fwiw organic fresh local raw milk makes me feel much worse then store bought pasteurised in plastic container. Even if I pasteurise myself it still messes me up until next day. During my milk obsession I tried probably 10 different farmers (and by farmer I simply mean person living in village) including goat's milk. Tastes better but makes me feel worse then store bought one. For that particular reason I am supporting mass industry.

Korven

I am not sure if I am fully on topic with reply but fwiw organic fresh local raw milk makes me feel much worse then store bought pasteurised in plastic container. Even if I pasteurise myself it still messes me up until next day. During my milk obsession I tried probably 10 different farmers (and by farmer I simply mean person living in village) including goat's milk. Tastes better but makes me feel worse then store bought one. For that particular reason I am supporting mass industry.

Yeah same experience here. Grass-fed raw A2 milk tastes quite amazing (possibly best food on earth?), but I feel cold and spaced out after drinking it. Get the same effect when I let it warm up to room temp with tons of raw honey in it.

Unhomogenized regular milk from the store -- still good quality though -- makes me feel so much better. If only I could get low-fat unhomogenized milk... then I would be drinking tca300 quantities of milk.

Ben.

Yeah same experience here. Grass-fed raw A2 milk tastes quite amazing (possibly best food on earth?), but I feel cold and spaced out after drinking it. Get the same effect when I let it warm up to room temp with tons of raw honey in it.

Unhomogenized regular milk from the store -- still good quality though -- makes me feel so much better. If only I could get low-fat unhomogenized milk... then I would be drinking tca300 quantities of milk.

I drank raw milk from one of the best sources i could find and while it tasted insanely good and fresh ... i immediately had this feeling in my head. It wasn't bad but it seemed to affect my body/brain realy oddly. I assume it has something to do with all the bacteria and wethere or not one is stable enough. I am often confused how it is advertised as the food for leaky gut (i know i know, living food, enzymes, natural fat particles, probiotics ...) but if there is some undesired stuff in there ... i feel for the blood circulation and the brain.

Is it recommended for SIBO aswell? My experience with fermented food is always immediate worsening of mental health and oral flora when consuming probiotics, wether it is kefir, yoghurt, kimchi or w/e.

I found a organic store that sells milk from cows that still have their horns, graze all year and the only thing they do to the milk is pasteurisation, no homogeenization, no microfiltration. Funnily enough when i was younger i coudln't drink that one without gasing, now its the best kind i can buy.

Korven

I drank raw milk from one of the best sources i could find and while it tasted insanely good and fresh ... i immediately had this feeling in my head. It wasn't bad but it seemed to affect my body/brain realy oddly. I assume it has something to do with all the bacteria and wethere or not one is stable enough. I am often confused how it is advertised as the food for leaky gut (i know i know, living food, enzymes, natural fat particles, probiotics ...) but if there is some undesired stuff in there ... i feel for the blood circulation and the brain.

Is it recommended for SIBO aswell? My experience with fermented food is always immediate worsening of mental health and oral flora when consuming probiotics, wether it is kefir, yoghurt, kimchi or w/e.

I found a organic store that sells milk from cows that still have their horns, graze all year and the only thing they do to the milk is pasteurisation, no homogeenization, no microfiltration. Funnily enough when i was younger i coudln't drink that one without gasing, now its the best kind i can buy.

I think you're correct that it has to do with the massive amounts of bacteria in raw milk -- I mean it's intended to be a probiotic formula for the baby calf.

Raw milk is probably the ultimate nourishing food IF you have really strong thyroid, adrenals, pancreas and good digestive secretions/motility. If you're hypothyroid with SIBO problems and start drinking gallons of raw milk then it will probably mess you up (speaking from experience). Also drinking raw milk together with starchy/fibrous foods can be a problem for the same reasons. Though I still got SIBO skin rash symptoms from raw milk on a zero fiber diet, together with the mild hallucinogenic odd sensations.

For now I also have to stick with the organic unhomogenized stuff I buy at the store. At some point I may be able to tolerate the delicious jersey raw A2 milk.

Last edited:

yerrag

gotta get out of the city and away from 5 G too... I lived in salt spring island Canada, now in San Marcos guatemala because of the covid Tryanny. Strangely enough they spray chemtrails here and in the small 10,000 population island in Canada. I wonder why they go to so much trouble even in small population areas?
I looked up Salt Spring Island. Looks very nicely located. I have a sister who lives in Nanaimo. So you went to San Marcos to just escape COVID restrictions in Canada? I'm pretty sure you did the right thing as people in many countries are not as traumatized by COVID.

I don't mean to scare you, but it's not surprising for remote places to be used by corporations for experiments, as it's in nowhere land where they can do things and get away with it more easily. I hope that what you call chemtrails are not chemtrails but just aircraft exhaust though.

Uselis

I think you're correct that it has to do with the massive amounts of bacteria in raw milk -- I mean it's intended to be a probiotic formula for the baby calf.

Raw milk is probably the ultimate nourishing food IF you have really strong thyroid, adrenals, pancreas and good digestive secretions/motility. If you're hypothyroid with SIBO problems and start drinking gallons of raw milk then it will probably mess you up (speaking from experience). Also drinking raw milk together with starchy/fibrous foods can be a problem for the same reasons. Though I still got SIBO skin rash symptoms from raw milk on a zero fiber diet, together with the mild hallucinogenic odd sensations.

For now I also have to stick with the organic unhomogenized stuff I buy at the store. At some point I may be able to tolerate the delicious jersey raw A2 milk.
I think Ray himself drinks standard store bought stuff. Knowing how in depth and meticulous he is with exploring optimal workings of human body you'd have to assume it's not big difference between raw and store bought. I'd guess he is one with strong thyroid, adrenals, pancrea, etc.

Korven

I think Ray himself drinks standard store bought stuff. Knowing how in depth and meticulous he is with exploring optimal workings of human body you'd have to assume it's not big difference between raw and store bought. I'd guess he is one with strong thyroid, adrenals, pancrea, etc.

True - maybe I should just stop overthinking this and go for the 1% pasteurized, homogenized milk. That way I could really ramp up my consumption. There's definitely a limit to how much full-fat milk I can drink per day without digestive issues.

rei

You get the quality of food you deserve. Everything seen in the video is the result of a corrupt society doing insane things, not how food is produced in most of the world.

I would love to see a video how a forest is rooted out, mowed and raped to produce a field to grow plants, and demonstrate how the lungs of the planet are constantly being destroyed just to grow plants. When alternative is that cows could wander those forests and eat grass and other plants, and fertilize them to grow even faster.

yerrag

You get the quality of food you deserve. Everything seen in the video is the result of a corrupt society doing insane things, not how food is produced in most of the world.
I don't know if we deserved it, but we certainly live with it as if it's something we have to accept. But because the way things are is forced on the different countries by the might of US hegemony, even as the US is a puppet of commercial elite interests, much of the world follows the hegemon's ways.

Consider if an independent country were to make milk the humane way, it would have milk that costs more to make, and it would be selling at a higher price. Then the US would want to sell its lower-priced inhumanely produced milk to this country. If the country refuses because the milk is inhumanely produced, the US would call this practice protectionist. Then the country will say fine we can buy your milk, but we will impose tariffs on it. Then the US will put sanctions on this country and require the country to lift its tariffs for the sanctions to be lifted. Once the tariff is lifted, the local humane milk producers will have to adopt inhumane but lower-cost milk producing methods in order to stay competitive. Since most consumers will simply buy the lowest cost milk, regardless of it being humanely or inhumanely produced, that country's milk industry will, out of survival, have no choice but to be inhumane to the cows, as seen in the video.

Business wins. The cow and its species loses as they suffer torture daily from the inhumane acts of making cows produce milk.

Just see what happens when the president of a country refuses to kowtow to the world order because he smells a rat, he is disappeared if he doesn't get a heart attack. Two Covid coups have happened in Africa because their presidents care more for their people than the world health syndicate, aka WHO : Tanzania – The second Covid coup?

Last edited:

rei

I only drink milk that comes from free range cows, fed only locally grown grass, allowed to roam freely summer and winter, they go to the milking stations when they want, the milk is unhomogenized and only costs 40cent more per liter than the regular ***t. Only improvement really is if they were allowed to have natural sex instead of artificial insemination.

OccamzRazer

Nobody, everyone's free to buy a castle or an island. Some do.
I see what you mean, but it's not nearly as easy as it should be for the average person to acquire even a small piece of pristine land.

OccamzRazer

I only drink milk that comes from free range cows, fed only locally grown grass, allowed to roam freely summer and winter, they go to the milking stations when they want, the milk is unhomogenized and only costs 40cent more per liter than the regular ***t. Only improvement really is if they were allowed to have natural sex instead of artificial insemination.
Yeah organic milk is one of those select few cheap health foods...

schultz

The dairy industry should look more like this.

When I can I buy my milk directly from a small family farm that has just a few cows.

This looks similar to the farms around me. There is a farm at the end of my street that looks almost identical to the farm in the video. All these little farms in Ontario are part of the milk supply that makes up the major brands. They use hay in the winter as part of their feed. I know this because they cut my hay for me last year and we split the yield (I took some and they took some). Their farms are reasonably clean and I see cows from various farms at pasture in the summer.

I guess it's different in the States?

Edit: I just checked wikipedia and according to them there were 967,700 dairy cows in Canada on 10,679 farms around the country. That is an average of 90 cows per farm. Obviously some farms would have a lot more than 90 and some would have a lot less. There is also a fancy chart which shows how many cows farms in each province have on average. Ontario has an average of 83 cows per farm and Quebec has an average of 61 cows per farm. I live in Ontario so my milk likely cows mostly or entirely from Ontario and Quebec farms. Not exactly giant CAFO's.

Last edited:

Jennifer

Same here. We have a lot of 100% grass-based biodynamic farms practicing calf at foot (keeping the calves with their mothers) in and around New Hampshire.

Some sources I’ve read say it is and some say it isn’t. When I had SIBO, all fermented foods would trigger symptoms (rash, gastritis, brain fog, depression etc.), but raw and cultured dairy in particular were the worst—my throat would actually swell within minutes of having any. I found that ultra-pasteurized was the least triggering form of dairy.

True - maybe I should just stop overthinking this and go for the 1% pasteurized, homogenized milk. That way I could really ramp up my consumption. There's definitely a limit to how much full-fat milk I can drink per day without digestive issues.

I’ve had so many types of milk—fresh, powdered, raw, pasteurized, ultra-pasteurized, non-homogenized, homogenized, A1, A2, 100% grass-fed, grass and grain-fed et.—and from many different farms and breeds of cow and goat, and found that pasteurized store bought milk can be just as health-promoting and tasty as raw milk. I even found some pasteurized milks to be better tolerated, tastier and just as humanely produced as some of the raw milk I’ve had.

There’s a brand of pasteurized milk I get at the store that taste just as good as the raw milk I get from two 100% grass-based biodynamic farms near me. It comes from a dairy in a neighboring State that has been breeding Jerseys for a century and the cows actually sleep on waterbeds. lol They have a Lely Astronaut robotic milking system which allows the cows to be milked at will—they just line up in the milking parlor whenever they want to be milked—and allows the farmhands to spend more time with them rather than at their hind end milking. They also have robots that look like a modified R2-D2 that help them clean and nudge food to the cows. They say this system has made their Jerseys happier, more relaxed and playful.

This looks similar to the farms around me. There is a farm at the end of my street that looks almost identical to the farm in the video. All these little farms in Ontario are part of the milk supply that makes up the major brands. They use hay in the winter as part of their feed. I know this because they cut my hay for me last year and we split the yield (I took some and they took some). Their farms are reasonably clean and I see cows from various farms at pasture in the summer.

Same here. The industrial feedlots shown in plant-based documentaries look nothing like the farms I have (and have personally visited) around me. Even some of the brand name milk sold at major supermarket chains like Organic Valley and Stonyfield (I actually grew up near them) get their milk from small, family farms. Last I checked, Organic Valley has a section on their website where customers can find out exactly which farms are supplying the milk for their (the customers) region. For example—the UNH Organic Dairy Research Farm at the University of New Hampshire is one farm that supplies for Organic Valley:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals