Having some allergy type symptoms

Rolan

I've been doing this for about three weeks now(the food thing, not allergy symptoms). Came from a pretty clean, if over-starched, diet. The last three weeks haven't been perfect of course, but I have been eating 70-80% dairy, essentially. Whole milk, Cheese, Ice Cream(Hagen Daaz), and then OJ every day plus a reasonable amount of potato, some butter and beef/or lamb a few times. I have felt ALOT better these last few weeks than I have in months, possibly years(!).

That said, there are amendments I'd like to make so this comes with the preface that I'm open to more flexibility in what I eat, or ready to admit something does not work. So I'm not 'dialled in' or anything like that. With all that written, since Tuesday evening I have had some sort of array of allergy symptoms - blocked yet runny nose, sinusy type thing, tingly roof of mouth, bit grizzly in the throat(no coughing~) etc. Now I've never once had hayfever, except maybe an extremely mild and brief version of it once or twice, but certainly not severe or consistent at all. Also, It's been Summer for a month or two already and nothing. Lastly, It seems to dissipate when I go outside. Still It is quite annoying, even though energetically I feel pretty damn good. The first thing I thought was Dairy, but I re-started drinking Milk three weeks ago, and after 4 days of slight congestion, I became clearer in my sinuses than I ever have. Another culprit could be that I haven't slept enough the last 2 weeks, not out of inability but rather social circumstances - been going o bed at 2 every morning and up at 8/9. No drink(apart from the half bottle of rum on Saturday night - mixed with Coke of course :lol: )

I'll see how it goes, but did anyone else have this issue when they started Peating, or rather consuming more Milk/OJ/Cheese?

ilovethesea

I had the same problem when starting the diet and my allergies would get better when I went outside. I was convinced it was pollen though... nope, it was food. (Great Lakes gelatin specifically - which when I wrote to Peat in desperation even he didn't identify as a probable allergen... he suggested it could be the honey, coconut oil, mangoes, potatoes, coffee.)

Figuring this out was a huge pain and took several weeks because you have to eliminate everything and then add back in one allergenic food at a time. Fortunately the symptoms should come on quite quickly once exposed, and then go away within 3 days once you stop. It's just trial and error to figure it out.

OP
R

Rolan

If this is the case the only thing I can think it could be is Dairy, or rather the large consumption of it. Hopefully not, as I was fine on it for 3 weeks solid and I've never had problems with it. In which case it could be OJ?

Day three of this has been the worst, woke up feeling battered.

ilovethesea

Yes I'd check the oj. It could be the flavour packs they put in there that you're reacting to.
I'm testing oj myself for allergies... so far I think I have the same reaction but I need to test it against freshly-squeezed juice to know for sure. Or maybe I'm just allergic to oranges in general.

jyb

Jenn said:
Lack of sleep prevents the liver from doing it's repair work at night....

I'd like to understand why sleep is needed for this, or for feeling rested. After all, melatonin kicks in and metabolism slows during sleep. All I know is that memory in the brain needs sleep for it organize itself, but I don't understand why sleep is needed otherwise.

OP
R

Rolan

ilovethesea said:
Yes I'd check the oj. It could be the flavour packs they put in there that you're reacting to.
I'm testing oj myself for allergies... so far I think I have the same reaction but I need to test it against freshly-squeezed juice to know for sure. Or maybe I'm just allergic to oranges in general.

My sinus thing has died down almost to zero now, just a slight blocked nose so I'm hoping that it was just a seed that went up my nose. I remember it starting as I was about to play tennis a few days ago, and I definitely felt something go 'in me'. Hmmm.

The only thing I have not eaten in the last few days is cheese because I haven't been able to get any, so when I do I might see if that affects me. Otherwise I don't think it's the OJ.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals