Copper deficiency and low testosterone

Nebula

Funny you say that because I remember that Morley is of the belief that thyroid does not run the body, and instead, minerals run the body.
I've also seen a few cases of people, clients of a certain coach on Twitter, reverse their hypothyroidism without thyroid medication.
Exogenous thyroid is rarely truly needed. And doesn't work in a lot of people. It's just a stimulant, it's never going to cause true, lasting changes, when the foundations are not in place.
Mostly agree but along with high calories + alkaline minerals a few mcg t3 here and there with meals can help jump start things for many people. But the calories + minerals must be in place. Also agree with the acidic load stuff that @Amarsh213 harps on. If metabolic acidosis is present little bits of thyroid won't do anything, which the alkaline minerals can help correct.

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

Mostly agree but along with high calories + alkaline minerals a few mcg t3 here and there with meals can help jump start things for many people. But the calories + minerals must be in place. Also agree with the acidic load stuff that @Amarsh213 harps on. If metabolic acidosis is present little bits of thyroid won't do anything, which the alkaline minerals can help correct.
So I have a question, I've had three terrible gout attacks since I started getting into my late 30s now into my 40s. I mean terrible. I got two of them when I consumed to much beer. The last one was when I ate way to much sugary foods. I could literally feel it coming on, the gout attack. Could it just be that my alkaline minerals are out of balance? Ever since I rained in my nutrition better I haven't had one yet.

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

Or is gout a totally different subject all together?

Nebula

Or is gout a totally different subject all together?
All related imo. I agree with the idea that modern western diet tends create a mild to severe gout condition overloading the kidneys with acidic load beyond its capacity to buffer especially when hypothyroid. Peat's recommendations should address this (calcium to phosphorous ratio, mag/potassium intake) but excessive protein and salt when the kidneys aren't fully energized with thyroid probably can't keep up with all that meat and salt. Going easy on the meat and salt might be a good idea for some people while they try to improve thyroid levels and function. Has been in my case.

Last edited:
OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

All related imo. I agree with the idea that modern western diet tends create a mild to severe gout condition overloading the kidneys with acidic load beyond its capacity to buffer especially when hypothyroid. Peat's recommendations should address this (calcium to phosphorous ratio, mag/potassium intake) but excessive protein and salt when the kidneys aren't fully energized with thyroid probably can't keep up with all that meat and salt. Going easy on the meat and salt might be a good idea for some people while they try to improve thyroid levels and function. Has been in my case.
Speaking of salt, over the years I always wondered why my sodium and chloride blood levels are always at the very top of the scale, ready to spill over. For some reason my body holds on to salt a lot even if I eat an abundance of salt. Any ideas?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Speaking of salt, over the years I always wondered why my sodium and chloride blood levels are always at the very top of the scale, ready to spill over. For some reason my body holds on to salt a lot even if I eat an abundance of salt. Any ideas?
This can be due to copper toxicity.

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

This can be due to copper toxicity.
Really!! I would never even guess that. I don't even eat a diet in high copper. I'm getting it checked soon to be sure. Getting these blood markers checked.
Copper
Serum Ceruloplasmin
US Units: ~30 mg/dL
SI Units: ~0.3 g/L
A marker of “bio-available” copper, which regulates iron.
Serum Copper
US Units: ~100 ug/dL
SI Units: ~15.7 umol/L
Measures the total amount of copper in your blood

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Really!! I would never even guess that. I don't even eat a diet in high copper. I'm getting it checked soon to be sure. Getting these blood markers checked.
Copper
Serum Ceruloplasmin
US Units: ~30 mg/dL
SI Units: ~0.3 g/L
A marker of “bio-available” copper, which regulates iron.
Serum Copper
US Units: ~100 ug/dL
SI Units: ~15.7 umol/L
Measures the total amount of copper in your blood
Check out this video. Basically zinc, molybdenum, and selenium will bring it back in balance. I would personally add in magnesium and potassium too. The dr in the video has a supplement for it but he has NAC and B6 which I do not think are helpful. He does explain though what is going on with the low copper tests.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI2GwXRlXt8&t=1s

The reason I say this is because my ferritin levels are off the charts
If it was me personally i would start donating blood soon as I could.

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

Check out this video. Basically zinc, molybdenum, and selenium will bring it back in balance. I would personally add in magnesium and potassium too. The dr in the video has a supplement for it but he has NAC and B6 which I do not think are helpful. He does explain though what is going on with the low copper tests.

That's the thing, I do give blood. I just donated again a week ago. I did a DNA test witch came back saying I have hearitary hemochromatosis. Lucky I'm heterozygous so I still have one good gene controlling iron absorbtion but doesn't seem to be working to well that's why I donate blood every 8 weeks.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
That's the thing, I do give blood. I just donated again a week ago. I did a DNA test witch came back saying I have hearitary hemochromatosis. Lucky I'm heterozygous so I still have one good gene controlling iron absorbtion but doesn't seem to be working to well that's why I donate blood every 8 weeks.
This possibly comes back to copper toxicity.

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

Over the years I'm kind of narrowing it down what's going on with my rat. I definitely have a thyroid problem. My TSH is really high but my free t3 and free t4 are somewhat normal. I think that I have a magnesium problem for sure. Getting that tested. In my genetic markers the data showed that I had a high need for vitamin e and magnesium all other nutrients were on the normal requirements. The higher iron is probably due to the hemochromatosis. This is what's causing my testosterone to be low.

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

This possibly comes back to copper toxicity.
I did a hair analysis a few years back but it showed very low magnesium, calcium, extremely high sodium, high potassium, very low zinc and copper. Throughout this forum I've heard it's really not a good indicator of your overall load in the system.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
That's so strange, I wonder if I checked my water supply? Do some individuals just have a greater susceptibility to holding on to certain minerals? Just very sensitive to them
Can be water supply but molybdenum and zinc deficiency help push it further.

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230815-075358.png
    Screenshot_20230815-075358.png
    89.5 KB · Views: 13
OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

Can be water supply but molybdenum and zinc deficiency help push it further.
I don't know if you are familiar with Dr Chandler marrs hormones matter and Elliott Overton. They say it is really a vitamin B1 issue. According to some of there article, they think it's popsteruse to thing that one vitamin could cause a host of issues and taking massive doses fixing the problem over time.

OP
Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

And apparently thiamine in particular and it's derivatives has nothing to do with a vitamin replacement. It's all about the enzymes like Dr purser talks about in the video. Even Dr Chandler marrs says if you don't fix B1 nothing will work down mitochondria Citrix acid cycle. The enzymes require thiamine and have been deprived of it for so long in some individuals due what they call the high calorie malnutrition western world, the metabolic response has physically deteriorated. This would explain why mega does are required to stimulate the enzymes back to their normal function.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals