Haidut On Iron And Copper

BigChad

Well, I felt based on my reading, that if I had a diet with adequate zinc, which most people have if they eat foods high in zinc like meat, etc. that additional zinc was going to suppress my bio-available copper and consequently my ceruloplasmin creating imbalance. Zinc stimulates a protein that can not only bind to copper, but to zinc. Ironically, I read all the time that people who have quit zinc supplements tested with higher levels of zinc, this could be the reason (the non-stimulation of this metallothionine, not sure of the spelling). I think a small amount of zinc in a supplement may be fine, but the doses seen in most formulas that are 30 mg and over may be causing more problems than they solve. Then of course if you add to that high doses of ascorbic acid (vitamin C), that can mess with copper metabolism as well. Lately, I am trying to get my minerals from food sources, with the exception of magnesium and some selenium. So, I guess in short, to answer your question, is that I am sort of cherry picking the RCP based on what seems to make sense to me, and since I eat things relatively high in zinc, I elected to eliminate it in supplement form and see how it goes.

Which liver capsules are you using. Whats your overall supplements

Dave Clark

Which liver capsules are you using. Whats your overall supplements
I am using the Ancestral supplements grass-fed liver, 6 caps/day, but I only use them a few times/week, instead of everyday. I also am finishing up the Perfect brand liver caps, which at 4 caps/day have less retinol, copper, etc. The Ancestral brand comes out at about the same in the nutritional profile as eating a few ounces of liver/week, as often recommended on this forum. I started using wholefood vitamin C (acerola, amla, camu. etc.) instead of ascorbic acid. I do not take a zinc supplement since I am a meat eater. I do use a B-complex, CoQ10, selenium, iodine, benfotiamine, vitamin E, DHEA, pregnenolone, magnesium, and some various other nutrients when needed. I am getting my vitamin D from the sun or a Sperti sunlamp. That;s pretty much it for now that I can think of. I know a lot of people are big on the testing, but right now I am just going with this protocol and crossing my fingers, since I really don't want to spend tons of money on testing. I am thinking about donating blood to control iron, but right now I use IP-6 for that until I decide.

golder

Would anyone be able to help me understand the difference between the Copper GHK peptide and the Copper CHK?

how does someone with very high iron (not me but an acquaintance) lower it? He says he only eats red meat a few times a week. Of course he may get a lot of reduced iron but I was wondering what people can do in that situation. Maybe give blood...

Dave Clark

I would give IP-6 a try if I had iron issues. Actually, I think it would benefit just about everyone.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals