CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Orange & Red Light Therapy Device - LGS1
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Iron Overload Linked To Alzheimer Disease (AD)

Discussion in 'Scientific Studies' started by haidut, Jul 26, 2017.

1. haidut

haidut Member

I posted a few recent studies that finally start to make the connection between endotoxin, iron, and neurodegenerative conditions.
    Endotoxin And Iron Finally Recognized As Potential Causes Of Many Diseases
    Endotoxin (LPS) May Be A Causative Factor In Alzheimer Disease (AD)

Big Pharma is desperate for new leads given the absolute failure of all AD clinical trials since 2000 and the demise of the beta amyloid theory as a causative agent. This new study is yet another step in the right direction pointing to iron overload as a direct cause of AD. The medical profession has even coined the term "rusty brains" as a catchy phrase to point to role of iron in this pathology. I have seen a few other studies containing "rusty brain" in the title.
    The new study also points to iron chelation as an effective method of preventing and even treating AD, and explains the beneficial effects of aspirin which were discussed in another thread last year. As per Peat's suggestions, copper supplementation may serve the same purpose as it can displace iron within the crucial enzyme cytochrome C oxidase, thus reversing the metabolic inhibition from excess iron.

‘Rusty’ brains linked to Alzheimer’s | Pursuit by The University of Melbourne

"...Cleaning out ‘rust’ from the brain could be a way to slow and even prevent the degenerative disease Alzheimer’s, according to new research that pinpoints iron as its so-far elusive potential driver. Previous research has long linked Alzheimer’s to a build-up in amyloid protein fragments in the brain that are normally broken down in healthy brains. But efforts to treat Alzheimer’s by using drugs that reduce amyloid levels have so far failed, leading to speculation that something else is driving the disease. New research from the Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health and the University of Melbourne has found that iron might be the culprit. Iron has a special property that allows it to exchange electrons, which is crucial in allowing our bodies to generate energy from oxygen and fuels such as sugars. But it can also damage neurons in the same way that iron metal rusts in the presence of oxygen."

2. tca300

tca300 Member

Awesome! Thanks for the post!

3. Regina

Regina Member

:thumbsup:

4. Mufasa

Mufasa Member

They recommand Deferiprone as a way to detoxify the brain of iron build up.

5. Mufasa

Mufasa Member

6. NathanK

NathanK Member

It's about time. Ray has been saying this for a long time.

7. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Aspirin and vitamin E can do the iron chelation much more safely. Incidentally, both of them protect from and treat AD (in animal models).

8. Kloppstock

Kloppstock Member

My own conclusion is that Alzheimer's also ;) brings lack of iron in the body,
    so i have recently added a half-capsule of iron in my multi-treatment drinks for mum because i was reading a crucial line in wrong context and moved my iron there since i wanna indirectly and partially support amyloid beta also, and then i was sure enough! (crying of laughter)

Im not going to be that grandiose that i will not double ;) check if im doing the right thing
    relatively soon thanks to you questioning me, but i will not be surprised if im more right out than you (whole world)
    Im trying to question myself enough to go deep on this case but im failing right now without your help!, and if that aint Alzheimer's then i don't know what is

9. Wagner83

Wagner83 Member