OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thank you...was following that study...they mention four months...I have been wondering if that dose can be taken indefinitely ...it has improved my AK a lot already after one month ...not sure but seems to affect my weight?...but skin looks great...smooth and big pores all gone etc

Peat said up to 1g of niacinamide is probably safe for long term use. Studied with HIV patients, MELAS, or kidney disease administered even higher doses for much longer and did not see bad side effects when the doses was below 3g daily. I think 500mg daily is probably enough for most people for general disease prevention and can be used indefinitely.

Lejeboca

To talk further about improving the glucose metabolism in AD patients and to connect to the" plant polyphenol baicalein" mentioned by Travis as the " the most powerful glyoxylase I inhibitor among the class of polyphenols" in
Treatments With Tumor Dissolving Potential ,
and which is derived from Scutellaria Baicalenis.

Changes in cerebral glucose metabolism in patients with mild-to-moderate Alzheimer's disease: A pilot study with the Chinese herbal medicine fuzhisan - ScienceDirect

Fuzhisan "main ingredients consist of ginseng root (Panax
ginseng C.A. Mey, Jilin, China), baical skullcap root (Scutellaria
baicalensis Georgi, Shanxi, China), rhizome of Acorus calamus L.
(Acorus talarinowi Schotti, Sichuan, China), and Radix Glycyrrhizae
(Glycyrrhiza uralensis fisch, Neimenggu, China)".

"It was given orally to FZS-treated patients 10 g once per day
for 12 weeks."

"... To the best of our knowledge, this study is the first to investigate changes in cortical metabolism in response to treatment with FZS in AD patients using 18 F-FDG-PET. Fuzhisan significantly increased rCMRglc in the bilateral temporal and parietal cortices, hippocampus, and posterior cingulate gyrus. In contrast, placebo-treated patients exhibited a declining trend in rCMRglc at week 12 in all predefined ROIs, especially in the bilateral frontal cortex, right posterior cingulate gyrus, left temporal cortex, parietal cortex, hippocampus and thalamus. These findings are consistent with those of several previous investigations. For example, Li et al. found that FZS increased rCMRglc in the temporal and parietal cortices in aged rats, as measured by micro-PET [10]. The mechanism through which FZS affects rCMRglc is still unclear. Nevertheless, FZS may promote the increase of neurosome area and axonal extension,
up-regulate neurogenesis by increasing the proliferation of neural progenitor cells, and prolong survival of the newly developed cells [22,17]."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals