Jam

Very, very interesting. I've written about my advanced periodontal disease before, and I believe the bacteria lodged in my jaw were the cause of my joint pains. Since taking high-dose iodine, my joints are reborn. I'm fairly convinced now that these periodontal bacteria were floating around attacking my joints, and iodine nuked them. Iodine is also a potent anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant.

Figure 2 illustrates the reductive capacity of different chemical forms of iodine in comparison with ascorbic acid, using the in vitro ferric reducing/antioxidant power assay; it shows that I2 exerts a 10- or 50-fold greater antioxidant action than ascorbic acid or KI, respectively.

Iodine also has well-known anti-inflammatory effects. It is well established that povidone–iodine, besides its excellent antibacterial effect (47), also exerts an anti-inflammatory action by neutralizing radical oxygen species (48). Moreover, I2 inhibits the generation of nitric oxide in murine macrophages and tumor necrosis factor-α expression in human monocytes/macrophages (49). These specific actions of iodine agree with reports describing the anti-inflammatory effects of marine algae, which, as noted above, contain the highest iodine concentration of living organism, and suppress the levels of proinflammatory messengers such as nitric oxide, prostaglandine-E2, and proinflammatory cytokines (tumor necrosis factor-α, interleukin-6, and interleukin-1β) (50).

Amazoniac

Very, very interesting. I've written about my advanced periodontal disease before, and I believe the bacteria lodged in my jaw were the cause of my joint pains.
"[..]dental procedures (scaling, extractions, root planning etc.) as well as habitual brushing, flossing, and mastication all increase the rate of blood contamination (96) [cases with 'periodontal disease'] and in turn, aggravate the systemic inflammatory response."​

Last edited:

DannyIrons™

@yerrag How are your teeth issues these days? I'm certain I have a problem with my upper-left back molar or pre-molar. I've had special dental cleanings and subgingival scaling and am now using an oral irrigator everyday which has stopped bleeding in my teeth, except that tooth continues to bleed. Nothing untoward showed up on the CBCT scan, the root is close to the nasal cavity but has not broken through. Additionally, any pressure on that tooth will cause nasal inflammation in the left side of the nose. I'm certain there's an issue there but of course dentists just harp on about removing the calculus which is causing the issue, and it's all so bloody expensive!

yerrag

@yerrag How are your teeth issues these days? I'm certain I have a problem with my upper-left back molar or pre-molar. I've had special dental cleanings and subgingival scaling and am now using an oral irrigator everyday which has stopped bleeding in my teeth, except that tooth continues to bleed. Nothing untoward showed up on the CBCT scan, the root is close to the nasal cavity but has not broken through. Additionally, any pressure on that tooth will cause nasal inflammation in the left side of the nose. I'm certain there's an issue there but of course dentists just harp on about removing the calculus which is causing the issue, and it's all so bloody expensive!
So far, so good. It's been 9 months since I had a loose lower pre-molar. My dentist would have extracted it at the very least, and was recommending scaling.

But I'm trying Dr. Manhart's calcium therapy and the tooth is holding up. However, there's still a gingival abscess that won't go away. Maybe it's a good thing as it keeps me on my toes.

InChristAlone

First get the plaque and tartar out from under the gums at the dentist, then keep it free of tartar and bacteria by using a waterpik with iodine everyday and brushing to stimulate the gum tissue, this will prevent expensive treatments at the dentist. I only get issues in the far back where I'm not good at reaching with my toothbrush. I had my pockets checked and it was only moderately bad in the way back where sometimes it does still bleed. I am due to get my tartar scraped off again and the bleeding has been a little worse. I think if I effectively removed the plaque twice a day I wouldn't even need the dentist. And of course I eat starches which causes rapid build up of plaque.

boris

Gum inflammation and bleeding definitely correlates with gut infections from starch for me. I made that experience several times.

The last time after eating potatoes at my workplace for some days I got a really painfully inflamed part of my gum between 2 teeth that I could barely touch. Got worse for several days. Then one day I was offered a dish with some half raw onions by chance, I usually never eat onions because they make me feel terrible, I decided to eat it for the anti bacterial effect on the gut, to test if this would affect my gums. The inflammation in the gums was reduced significantly after the onions were digested. Then stopping the starch and 2 days of a minimal penicillin dose (50-100mg) was enough to clear up the gum infection completely. It went from red bleeding and untouchable to completely healed in 2-3 days.

InChristAlone

Gum inflammation and bleeding definitely correlates with gut infections from starch for me. I made that experience several times.

The last time after eating potatoes at my workplace for some days I got a really painfully inflamed part of my gum between 2 teeth that I could barely touch. Got worse for several days. Then one day I was offered a dish with some half raw onions by chance, I usually never eat onions because they make me feel terrible, I decided to eat it for the anti bacterial effect on the gut, to test if this would affect my gums. The inflammation in the gums was reduced significantly after the onions were digested. Then stopping the starch and 2 days of a minimal penicillin dose (50-100mg) was enough to clear up the gum infection completely. It went from red bleeding and untouchable to completely healed in 2-3 days.
Yeah I never have that particular inflammation anymore, just wherever I'm not good at getting bacteria out from the gums and in between teeth the gums may bleed a bit more than the rest. That type of inflammation in the past for me I cleared up immediately with hydrogen peroxide.

mrchibbs

Yeah I never have that particular inflammation anymore, just wherever I'm not good at getting bacteria out from the gums and in between teeth the gums may bleed a bit more than the rest. That type of inflammation in the past for me I cleared up immediately with hydrogen peroxide.

Interesting I had a big endotoxemia/oral inflammation episode in the winter and someone recommended rinsing the mouth and cleaning the gumline with hydrogen peroxide and it ended the issues almost instantly. I was in a lot of pain, and it stopped within minutes.

I'm ambivalent about hydrogen peroxide though, and not sure what sort of solution % should be used for oral uses.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals