Blossom

Forum Supporter
I agree @yerrag and @Lynne that there are certainly worse things than losing teeth and it doesn't always mean a person will continue to decline and probably helps certain situations. My grandmother in law had all her teeth pulled in her 20's and lived into her 90's. Obviously in my mom's case she had some underlying issues that went undiagnosed. Maybe losing her teeth actually helped-I'll never know. I just see it as one symptom of much larger issues for her.

Last edited:

Birdie

I got cut off by a BMW driver with the gold number plate ‘dentist’ even more motivation to take care of the teeth and not facilitate these vulgar characters in society.
You have a way with words!

achillea

Thanks @Regina. It seems like oral health is vitally important.

Sorry about your Dad @Fractality.

I've been doing the Dr. Ellie oral care program that @achillea posted about since last winter hoping to avoid any potential problems. I'm getting close to the age my Mom was when she lost her teeth.

Been doing the program now for a little over a year. One place in particular in my mouth had been sore for years. Dentists ignored it but not me. The soreness is gone by about 95% so I can brush the area and eventually get to no soreness at all.

Still do not feel totally comfortable with the small amount of Flouride yet have had no effects other than my teeth are strong.

I dink milk during the night when I wake up, swish my mouth with water then have a small piece of xylitol. Got to do something to make it safely through the night

yerrag

2 days ago, I got the results of a dental x-ray. This x-ray provided my dentist with images that in years past would not allow him to determine if there were periodontal issues underneath each tooth. That day, I was going to have an upper molar extracted, as in a previous visit the dentist found that the tooth had cracked and was insensitive to pain. It was basically a dead tooth. She asked me then to have an x-ray taken, and I was told this x-ray is unlike earlier ones, and the information gained from it would be very helpful for my dental health.

Sure enough, the dead tooth was shown in the scan to have periodontal issues, with a pocket of anaerobic bacterial colony. The scan also showed another tooth with a periodontal issue. I'm hoping I won't have to have the lower molar removed, but it's something to be dealt with after the current extraction heals.

As I had recounted earlier, I had teeth pulled already before. I had thought all periodontal issues were a thing of the past already, and that I was confident that with my dental health restored, I had eliminated dental issues as a cause of my high blood pressure. I had personally seen my dad's blood pressure go down, and he was taken off blood pressure medication after that, as a result of discovering dental infection in his teeth and fixing it.

I continue to struggle with high blood pressure, and have been concentrating on fixing another cause (lead toxicity), and have managed to lower my blood pressure from very high to still high, and I've hit a wall. Now, with the new discovery, I'm hopeful that as my dental health is restored (by getting rid of the damned periodontal bacterial colonies), I could see further lowering of my blood pressure from still high (170/110) to normal (120/80).

I'm thankful I am seeing a good biological dentist, and that we're able to use newer x-ray technology to detect previously undetected periodontal infections, to allow these bacterial infections to be eliminated. The toxins produced by these latent and hidden bacteria are a constant and cumulative stress on our body. We could just go on with our lives not knowing we are having chronic health issues as a result of dental periodontal disease.

I know x-ray is something we frown upon, but in this case it is a necessary evil as it aids in eliminating a danger that is present and getting worse over time. Knowing that, I'll be putting myself on red light therapy for a while to counter the x-ray exposure I got.

In case you're wondering, the machine used for the dental x-ray is made by Hyperion. I think it's this unit: Hyperion X5 — MyRay

Blossom

Forum Supporter
2 days ago, I got the results of a dental x-ray. This x-ray provided my dentist with images that in years past would not allow him to determine if there were periodontal issues underneath each tooth. That day, I was going to have an upper molar extracted, as in a previous visit the dentist found that the tooth had cracked and was insensitive to pain. It was basically a dead tooth. She asked me then to have an x-ray taken, and I was told this x-ray is unlike earlier ones, and the information gained from it would be very helpful for my dental health.

Sure enough, the dead tooth was shown in the scan to have periodontal issues, with a pocket of anaerobic bacterial colony. The scan also showed another tooth with a periodontal issue. I'm hoping I won't have to have the lower molar removed, but it's something to be dealt with after the current extraction heals.

As I had recounted earlier, I had teeth pulled already before. I had thought all periodontal issues were a thing of the past already, and that I was confident that with my dental health restored, I had eliminated dental issues as a cause of my high blood pressure. I had personally seen my dad's blood pressure go down, and he was taken off blood pressure medication after that, as a result of discovering dental infection in his teeth and fixing it.

I continue to struggle with high blood pressure, and have been concentrating on fixing another cause (lead toxicity), and have managed to lower my blood pressure from very high to still high, and I've hit a wall. Now, with the new discovery, I'm hopeful that as my dental health is restored (by getting rid of the damned periodontal bacterial colonies), I could see further lowering of my blood pressure from still high (170/110) to normal (120/80).

I'm thankful I am seeing a good biological dentist, and that we're able to use newer x-ray technology to detect previously undetected periodontal infections, to allow these bacterial infections to be eliminated. The toxins produced by these latent and hidden bacteria are a constant and cumulative stress on our body. We could just go on with our lives not knowing we are having chronic health issues as a result of dental periodontal disease.

I know x-ray is something we frown upon, but in this case it is a necessary evil as it aids in eliminating a danger that is present and getting worse over time. Knowing that, I'll be putting myself on red light therapy for a while to counter the x-ray exposure I got.

In case you're wondering, the machine used for the dental x-ray is made by Hyperion. I think it's this unit: Hyperion X5 — MyRay
I hope resolving the infection helps your blood pressure.

yerrag

I hope resolving the infection helps your blood pressure.
Thanks Blossom. I'm looking forward to the coming weeks as I go back to my dentists (father and daughter). Aside from monitoring my blood pressure. I'll also be.checking my serum LDH. It could also get lower.

BTW the unit doesn't only employ xray but also thermography. It gave a colored heat map of my teeth as well.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thanks Blossom. I'm looking forward to the coming weeks as I go back to my dentists (father and daughter). Aside from monitoring my blood pressure. I'll also be.checking my serum LDH. It could also get lower.

BTW the unit doesn't only employ xray but also thermography. It gave a colored heat map of my teeth as well.
It's great that you found dentists and imaging you're comfortable with. That's what has been holding me back from going to the dentist.

yerrag

It's great that you found dentists and imaging you're comfortable with. That's what has been holding me back from going to the dentist.
My dentist is with IABDM. Here's the website: IABDM | Connecting Biological Practitioners Since 1985

You can search for a biological dentist in your area in this site as well. The biological dentists I went to, both in Cincinnati and in Manila, were very helpful. They understand very well the link between dental health and our general well-being. Unlike conventional dentists (as well as doctors), they are in tune with our thinking. They take their time knowing their patient's history. I could say that they take into account the patient's individual context. However, it's better if you can find someone to refer you to their biologial dentist. My naturopath in Cincinnati referred me to my dentist there, and my sister referred me to her dentist here.

achillea

Sometimes you got to do what you got to do.

Do not assume the dentist sealed the resultant hole, ask for your own health reasons and so a cavitation does not develop. My wife just had a 35 year old wisdom tooth site opened and the dentist removed some oily brownish substance he said was bacteria brewing. If it was or not I do not know as there was no culture done.

My experience is that just because they are so called biological dentist does not mean they are good We went to two in the state and both turned out to be unscrupulous and did more damage than good.

There is a new device in Europe that can show more detail than x ray and is far less hazardous, but it is not available in the US the land of the free and home of the debt slaves.

yerrag

My experience is that just because they are so called biological dentist does not mean they are good We went to two in the state and both turned out to be unscrupulous and did more damage than good.
That is true, as your experience attests to. Snakes come in different colors.
There is a new device in Europe that can show more detail than x ray and is far less hazardous, but it is not available in the US the land of the free and home of the debt slaves.

Could it be the device I talked about? That device is from Europe. I didn't say it earlier only because it's become a cliche, but it is said to give low doses of radiation. I was amazed though at the level of detail.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thanks @yerrag. When I have dental insurance again I will probably try to find a biological dentist. Fortunately I'm managing atm with the oral care system @achillea introduced to the forum. I would like a professional cleaning at some point in time though.

yerrag

Thanks @yerrag. When I have dental insurance again I will probably try to find a biological dentist. Fortunately I'm managing atm with the oral care system @achillea introduced to the forum. I would like a professional cleaning at some point in time though.

It's good you have that oral care system. Just don't fall through the cracks and skip a beat. I got into periodontal disease from a combination of factors. First, I didn't have my dental cleaning regularly enough. Secondly, I wasn't taking in enough calcium. Thirdly, I was using the regular lousy "dentist recommended" toothpaste. Last, I hadn't learned to have habits such as oil pulling or the oral care system of Achillea.

Periodontal disease sneaks up on us over time, and it's good to catch it on time. A good dentist and a good set of dental scans (x-ray or not) goes a long way.

I hope you get your dental insurance plan soon. It's sad health care costs so much. The set of dental xray I got only cost me $25. But with how our medical system is copying the US model, it won't be long before every service will be priced artificially high that you have no choice but to buy into insurance plans. Another legal con game, so what's new?

Last edited:

Fractality

I asked RP about this; I'm surprised about how he answered.

Me said:
Do you think it is worth going to the dentist regularly (including x-rays)? I'm mostly concerned about ever developing a dead tooth and the resultant endotoxin effects. Or should I just stick with emodin/methylene blue rinses. My father unknowingly had a dead tooth for years (actually I don't think even the dentist discovered it right away) and then was diagnosed with a neurodegenerative disease. Any connection? I read recently that periodontal disease is associated with Alzheimer's.

Ray Peat said:
Endotoxin from the bowel causes dental problems as well as brain problems. A tooth by itself has very little effect on the system.

yerrag

I asked RP about this; I'm surprised about how he answered.
I suppose cause and effect is something that gets interchanged easily, and Ray Peat isn't immune to the conundrum of which comes first - the chicken or the egg.

yerrag

I suppose cause and effect is something that gets interchanged easily, and Ray Peat isn't immune to the conundrum of which comes first - the chicken or the egg.
I'm not sure if this article supports what Peat is saying: Activation of the transcription factor NF-kB reactive oxygen species is indirectly induced by the release of bacterial lipopolysaccharide, IL-1, and TNF-α. The cytokines IL-1 and TNF-α are capable of activating NF-kB via protein kinase C and other kinases, which phosphorylate the inhibitor of NF-kB (I-kB), cytoplasmic part of the complex, by which they release free NF-kB. Free NF-kB diffuses from the cytoplasm and binds to the place of structural genes promoter and stimulates the transcription of mRNA for proinflammatory cytokines (18).

From https://scindeks-clanci.ceon.rs/data/pdf/0365-4478/2016/0365-44781604066K.pdf

yerrag

This is a study on the association of severe periodontitis and microalbuminuria and chronic kidney disease (CKD): http://www.phmed.umu.se/digitalAssets/50/50453_thesis-shabnam-jun-21.pdf

It's particularly interesting to me as I have microalbuminuria that borders on CKD stage 1. I have been pinning the blame solely on lead toxicity on my kidneys and it's only lately that I have periodontitis for so long without realizing it. Of the two teeth discovered with periodontal issues, one has been removed, and the remaining one to be removed about a week from now. It would be interesting to see if my serum albumin would increase, and if my urine ACR (albumin creatinine ratio) would decrease, after all the infected teeth have been removed. I hope also that the resolution of periodontitis, and its systemic effects, would also lead to a lower blood pressure for me, something I have been working on for so long.

Whichway?

This is a study on the association of severe periodontitis and microalbuminuria and chronic kidney disease (CKD): http://www.phmed.umu.se/digitalAssets/50/50453_thesis-shabnam-jun-21.pdf

It's particularly interesting to me as I have microalbuminuria that borders on CKD stage 1. I have been pinning the blame solely on lead toxicity on my kidneys and it's only lately that I have periodontitis for so long without realizing it. Of the two teeth discovered with periodontal issues, one has been removed, and the remaining one to be removed about a week from now. It would be interesting to see if my serum albumin would increase, and if my urine ACR (albumin creatinine ratio) would decrease, after all the infected teeth have been removed. I hope also that the resolution of periodontitis, and its systemic effects, would also lead to a lower blood pressure for me, something I have been working on for so long.

Any updates @yerrag? Did getting your teeth and cavitations fixed help with your BP issues?

yerrag

Any updates @yerrag? Did getting your teeth and cavitations fixed help with your BP issues?
Unfortunately, I still have high BP. But I'm still glad I got my periodontal issues fixed just the same. I'm thinking that my hypertension isn't caused by a single cause, as I'm pretty certain periodontal issues cause high BP, as I've seen my dad's BP go down when the infection in his tooth got fixed.

Seems like I'm dealing with a many-headed monster. Eventually the monster will lose all its heads.

Amazoniac

- Distal Consequences of Oral Inflammation
Abstract said:
Periodontitis is an incredibly prevalent chronic inflammatory disease, which results in the destruction of tooth supporting structures. However, in addition to causing tooth and alveolar bone loss, this oral inflammatory disease has been shown to contribute to disease states and inflammatory pathology at sites distant from the oral cavity. Epidemiological and experimental studies have linked periodontitis to the development and/or exacerbation of a plethora of other chronic diseases ranging from rheumatoid arthritis to Alzheimer's disease. Such studies highlight how the inflammatory status of the oral cavity can have a profound impact on systemic health. In this review we discuss the disease states impacted by periodontitis and explore potential mechanisms whereby oral inflammation could promote loss of homeostasis at distant sites.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals