Death Rate From Alzheimer Disease (AD) Has Risen By 55% In Just 5 Years

Constatine

Very much so. Apparently the rest of the pet world doesn't agree.

Practically all pelletized pet food is PUFA-loaded. What's worse, they add antioxidants like BHA and BHT to keep the PUFA's supposedly from oxidizing. Yet these antioxidants aren't safe for human consumption. When is it permissible to feed our pets something that's not safe for us?

Pets get sick as a result. And then they tell us certain dog breeds are prone to such and such disease, genes again. Yet we here know better that it has a lot to do with the quality of food given them.

I recently left a koi hobbyist forum out of frustration. I was questioning the use of koi food pellets that have fish oil, and I passed on some links to Ray Peat's articles. It was hard for the members to accept Ray Peat's ideas. One kept insisting what applies to humans doesn't apply to fish, not willing to consider the possibility that in that the aspect of fat consumption koi and humans may have something in common. One very influential member called Danny Roddy a "groupie" of Ray Peat. The member writes well and does a lot of research, but his fault is to not consider that what he knows so far may not be right, and isn't willing to challenge himself to an opposing viewpoint. We at Ray Peat allowed ourselves to be challenged by a viewpoint that is contrary to the mainstream narrative, and for that we are able to take back our health.

I gave up on that forum. I was trying to share my experience of not feeding fish oils to my koi. Being in the tropics, and consistent with Ray Peat's idea that at warmer temperatures saturated oils are much better than PUFAs because of the risk of oxidation, I stopped feeding commercial pellets (that are PUFA-loaded) and had my own food made for my koi. Coconut meat is one important ingredient. Being new at the hobby, I didn't expect so soon to win major prizes in our yearly local koi shows. Yet I did. Knowing enough of Ray Peat and applying its principles to raising my koi had a major impact. My koi have length (which in human terms is height), have excellent conformation (in human terms a shapely body), and excellent coloration (in human terms, it's the health as expressed in a healthy skin).

It would have been nice to share my ideas with that forum, but instead all I get is grief from members who are "invested" in very expensive koi food pellets. These pellets are fool's gold, and you have to be rich to afford them, or if not you'll become a pauper for spending on them. These hobbyists are no different from most people in making their choices as to what constitutes good food/medicine and bad food/medicine. People have a costly bias towards expensive medicine, devices, and surgeries, with the mistaken idea that quality of outcomes is directly related to the cost involved.

These hobbyists keep finding problems (too small, or too fat or too thin, or poor coloration) with the koi they raise, and end up trading them (if koi don't die first) in with their dealer for new expensive koi to raise (again), blaming the "genes" and their poor luck in getting good "genes" out of koi already selected by Japanese breeders for good future outcomes. They rarely question that genes are only one aspect of the koi's development, and continue on making the same mistakes raising their koi, and never get to win a major prize despite all the time, effort, and money they have spent. Soon these hobbyists, in order to win a major prize, resort to buying "ringers"- koi raised by breeders in Japan to full size, at great cost - and bring them in a few day before the koi show - in order to snag the Grand Champion appellation. And hobbyists seem resigned to the narrative that "only koi raised in Japan can win."

Whether it's our own health or the health of our pets, the same forces of commerialized medical quackery is at work. It truly takes a different inner compass in us to want to veer from the programming in our culture, to embrace something that is coherent and practical, and to shun the safety of relying on experts whose claim to expertise rests on us being ignorant to call them out for being quacks and interlopers.

Thanks for listening to my rant!:)
Wow thanks for sharing. It's amazing just how effective Ray's advice can be.

Constatine

I can't help but think of an episode in the hospital where my mom was admitted because she hasn't been eating for days. She was given parenteral nutrition in which purified soya oil was one of the ingredients. Shortly after she had the chills and the doctor gave her the antibiotic Ciprofloxacin since the doctor was trying to pre-empt pneumonia, as he associated chills to the occurrence of pneumonia. Bad decision. My mom eventually fell into a catatonic state.

Trying to connect the dots, I think what happened was that the soya oil caused her inability to oxidize glucose, leading to hyperglycemia, then the insulin reaction caused a low blood sugar situation, which was manifested by chills. The choice of Ciprofloxacin, which has excitotoxic effects, together with the diabetic condition caused by the soya oil, created a perfect storm. My mom's brain was excited strongly by the antibiotic, and the excitation used up energy, and since the diabetic condition caused the sugar supply to be used up, it left her nerves exhausted. Her nerve cells could have died, and her demented condition could have become permanent, and she would have ended up in a hospice.

But luckily I had read enough on Ray Peat and for the next ten days, she was fed like a pigeon would be fed with my food blend which had honey, whey, colostrum, gelatin, as well as calcium, magnesium, niacinamide, coconut oil, and Vitamin D3. It also helped she had IV infusion of b vitamins, and that her eletrolyte balance was being restored as well by our doctor.

That incident taught me to be very mindful of low blood sugar situations. The use of Ciprofloxacin over safer alternatives was already wrong, but the low blood condition really made her condition deteriorate to that extent. My mom never had blood sugar problems and I made sure she ate no PUFAs for a long time. But just the introduction of soya oil into her parenteral nutrition for 3 days straight was enough to turn her into a diabetic.

Goes to show how important maintaining a good blood sugar is. Not having the benefit of good blood sugar regulation really puts us at great risk of further complications. In a medical situation where prescription drugs are used, where side effects are the norm, not having a reliable source of sugar in our body can easily lead to these side effects becoming amplified to a crisis point.
I swear these Doctors have dementia.

johnwester130

What scares me is how little control these people have over their health.

They might get alzheimers.

They might not.

It just happens randomly.

Regina

Very much so. Apparently the rest of the pet world doesn't agree.

Practically all pelletized pet food is PUFA-loaded. What's worse, they add antioxidants like BHA and BHT to keep the PUFA's supposedly from oxidizing. Yet these antioxidants aren't safe for human consumption. When is it permissible to feed our pets something that's not safe for us?

Pets get sick as a result. And then they tell us certain dog breeds are prone to such and such disease, genes again. Yet we here know better that it has a lot to do with the quality of food given them.

I recently left a koi hobbyist forum out of frustration. I was questioning the use of koi food pellets that have fish oil, and I passed on some links to Ray Peat's articles. It was hard for the members to accept Ray Peat's ideas. One kept insisting what applies to humans doesn't apply to fish, not willing to consider the possibility that in that the aspect of fat consumption koi and humans may have something in common. One very influential member called Danny Roddy a "groupie" of Ray Peat. The member writes well and does a lot of research, but his fault is to not consider that what he knows so far may not be right, and isn't willing to challenge himself to an opposing viewpoint. We at Ray Peat allowed ourselves to be challenged by a viewpoint that is contrary to the mainstream narrative, and for that we are able to take back our health.

I gave up on that forum. I was trying to share my experience of not feeding fish oils to my koi. Being in the tropics, and consistent with Ray Peat's idea that at warmer temperatures saturated oils are much better than PUFAs because of the risk of oxidation, I stopped feeding commercial pellets (that are PUFA-loaded) and had my own food made for my koi. Coconut meat is one important ingredient. Being new at the hobby, I didn't expect so soon to win major prizes in our yearly local koi shows. Yet I did. Knowing enough of Ray Peat and applying its principles to raising my koi had a major impact. My koi have length (which in human terms is height), have excellent conformation (in human terms a shapely body), and excellent coloration (in human terms, it's the health as expressed in a healthy skin).

It would have been nice to share my ideas with that forum, but instead all I get is grief from members who are "invested" in very expensive koi food pellets. These pellets are fool's gold, and you have to be rich to afford them, or if not you'll become a pauper for spending on them. These hobbyists are no different from most people in making their choices as to what constitutes good food/medicine and bad food/medicine. People have a costly bias towards expensive medicine, devices, and surgeries, with the mistaken idea that quality of outcomes is directly related to the cost involved.

These hobbyists keep finding problems (too small, or too fat or too thin, or poor coloration) with the koi they raise, and end up trading them (if koi don't die first) in with their dealer for new expensive koi to raise (again), blaming the "genes" and their poor luck in getting good "genes" out of koi already selected by Japanese breeders for good future outcomes. They rarely question that genes are only one aspect of the koi's development, and continue on making the same mistakes raising their koi, and never get to win a major prize despite all the time, effort, and money they have spent. Soon these hobbyists, in order to win a major prize, resort to buying "ringers"- koi raised by breeders in Japan to full size, at great cost - and bring them in a few day before the koi show - in order to snag the Grand Champion appellation. And hobbyists seem resigned to the narrative that "only koi raised in Japan can win."

Whether it's our own health or the health of our pets, the same forces of commerialized medical quackery is at work. It truly takes a different inner compass in us to want to veer from the programming in our culture, to embrace something that is coherent and practical, and to shun the safety of relying on experts whose claim to expertise rests on us being ignorant to call them out for being quacks and interlopers.

Thanks for listening to my rant!:)
Ugh yerrag. I am now cringing that years ago I tried to raise trout (as pets, not food). I bought a little place on 4 acres outside of Manhattan and it had a small pond on it. I bought some trout. I used to buy 50lb bags of Purina Trout Chow and dump it into the pond. The poor things. I did not find dead fish only because heron were eating them like sushi and I would just re-stock and dump in more awful Trout Chow. Honestly, I remember thinking ,"this can't be right", when reading about all the corn etc in the bag.

Regina

What do you bet this becomes corrupt and nice homes are strangely sold under value.
Oh yeah. And the list goes on. How about ANY reason to confiscate anything over 100,000 pounds (n$). I mean, why bother to do any research except in 'how to fail to cure ANY "disease" and call it incurable for dummies.'? Taxing the elderly out of their homes isn't enough. Better scheme is to poison them and then blame them for being sick.

Mito

That's a good point. I don't know about all degenerative conditions but the neurodegenerative are all on the rise. Both dementia-type and motor-type (Parkinson, MS, ALS, etc).
This recent article says dementia is stable or declining. http://sci-hub.ac/saveme/487b/[email protected]

In the past few years, descriptive epidemiological studies, in which the effects of changing diagnostic criteria and study methods were minimized, have strengthened the evidence that dementia — age for age — is declining in some countries and that the number of people with dementia can remain stable despite population ageing 28,30. Substantial reductions in the risk of dementia in whole populations can balance the growing numbers of older people. Given that the global population is ageing, identifying the factors that contribute to reductions in the prevalence and incidence of dementia in particu- lar countries and regions should become a major pri- ority, as the findings will have important implications

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
This recent article says dementia is stable or declining. http://sci-hub.ac/saveme/487b/[email protected]

In the past few years, descriptive epidemiological studies, in which the effects of changing diagnostic criteria and study methods were minimized, have strengthened the evidence that dementia — age for age — is declining in some countries and that the number of people with dementia can remain stable despite population ageing 28,30. Substantial reductions in the risk of dementia in whole populations can balance the growing numbers of older people. Given that the global population is ageing, identifying the factors that contribute to reductions in the prevalence and incidence of dementia in particu- lar countries and regions should become a major pri- ority, as the findings will have important implications

I strongly doubt that. Most studies post to an icrease in dementia rates/diagnoses, mostly in younger age groups.
Number Of Patients With Dementia On The Rise
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ern-malady-may-behind-rise-dementia/31812871/

SQu

That's really shocking. More trauma for all involved.
Here, some obstetricians can no longer afford the insurance and are leaving the profession.
Tip of the iceberg I think.

Badger

I'd add to this good list the stuff in LEF's "Memory Select" product, in very small doses, which includes lithium every other day and a component of colostrum every day. In the case of lithium especially, the smallness of the dose matters a lot.
New Method to Slow Brain Aging
New Method to Slow Brain Aging - Life Extension

coconut oil

pregnenolone powder

niacinamide

aspirin

K2

that's it - basic protection from alzheimers and disease

Only took 3 weeks for this guy to get improvement

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals