Death Rate From Alzheimer Disease (AD) Has Risen By 55% In Just 5 Years

haidut

Forum Supporter
I am surprised this dire statistic even made it to front page news, but hopefully it would give the public some food for thought. The even scarier news buried inside this tragic article is that most of the deaths are due to the so-called "early onset" AD, which strikes people in their 50s, 60s or even 40s. Matches quite well with the recent studies I posted on dramatic increase in cancer, diabetes, and strokes in young people.
Breaking News: Colorectal Cancer Rates In Young People Have Doubled
Rates Of Diabetes I And II Are Rapidly Rising In Young Children And Teens
Stroke Rates Have Almost Doubled In Young Adults

Case in point is the recent death from "early onset" AD of the basketball coach Pat Summit, but much younger people than that are starting to come down with and die from AD. Of course, the medical profession cleverly changes the diagnoses of these cases to "dementia of non-specific cause" and as such lowers the death toll from official AD diagnosis. But even with those manipulations the 55% increase in just 5 years is striking. Just as in the cases of cancer, diabetes and stroke increase the official explanation is that the increase is mostly due to "better diagnosis" and "increased awareness". But even the statistical acrobats cannot deny that a genuine increase in deaths is at play, which underscores the utter failure of the medical establishment to treat AD as I posted in yet another thread.
Since 2002, 99%+ of Alzheimer Disease trials have failed

I am beginning to wonder if we have reached the tipping point where, as Ray said, the population in "developed" countries becomes too dumb due to PUFA and environmental toxin exposure to be even able to grasp truth about any concept...

Alzheimer's death rate has risen by 55% in US, CDC reports - CNN.com

"...The rate of people dying from Alzheimer's disease in the United States rose by 55% over a 15-year period, new data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention shows. The number of those patients dying at home from the neurodegenerative condition also rose, from 14% to 25% over the same time period studied, 2009-2014. The report also looked at Alzheimer's caregivers -- relatives and friends taking care of an Alzheimer's patient in the home -- and found that the caregivers would benefit from support such as education and help from case management services."

"...Prince believes the rise in the number of deaths can in part be attributed to the fact that there is more knowledge about Alzheimer's disease, more doctors are reporting patients with the disease and more deaths are being attributed to it, as symptoms become more widely understood -- particularly in the later stages, as the CDC report suggests. "But we are seeing a genuine increase (as well)," he told CNN."

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
5 years? Did you mean 15?

No, it is 5 years as the study period was 2009 - 2014. I saw they said 15, but it is actually 5. I hope their writing is typo and not deliberate...

Tarmander

No, it is 5 years as the study period was 2009 - 2014. I saw they said 15, but it is actually 5. I hope their writing is typo and not deliberate...
Yeah I saw that period but thought that applied to just people dying at home. Kind of confusing tbh...does a rise from 14% to 25% even add up to a 55% increase? That seems more then %55

yerrag

If a person that's old has dementia and/or Alzheimer's, the doctors will say it's natural because of the age.

Now, with the person being middle-aged, what are they saying as cause? I'm guessing they would say it's congenital - somewhere up the ancestral tree someone is at fault.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
If a person that's old has dementia and/or Alzheimer's, the doctors will say it's natural because of the age.

Now, with the person being middle-aged, what are they saying as cause? I'm guessing they would say it's congenital - somewhere up the ancestral tree someone is at fault.

They are saying it's mostly better diagnosis, and the portion about the "geniune increase" is left unexplained. It cannot be genes, as there should be no increase in rates. Same as the link on colon cancer in young people - they openly said it is not genes or even obesity, so that's why that authors of that study sounded quite worried (as they should be). This study does not pursue the cause much, as they probably have no clue what else could be the reason if genes are out as a cause.

yerrag

They are saying it's mostly better diagnosis, and the portion about the "geniune increase" is left unexplained. It cannot be genes, as there should be no increase in rates. Same as the link on colon cancer in young people - they openly said it is not genes or even obesity, so that's why that authors of that study sounded quite worried (as they should be). This study does not pursue the cause much, as they probably have no clue what else could be the reason if genes are out as a cause.
It's definitely worrisome. In the close confines of a personal encounter between a neurologist, the doctor usually assigned to such cases, and a hapless middle-aged patient, the patient would be fed the standard answer of genes, genetics being the proxy whenever they are at a loss for answers. And that is worrisome, because no one learns from it. Worse, the children feel stigmatized thinking they have the genes for Alzheimer's.

I think about Angelina Jolie, who cut her breast up because she thinks she has the genes for breast cancer. I hope they don't cut their brains up because they think...

Lucenzo01

The cause of Alzheimer's is fungus in the brain. There was a university in Barcelona proving it and treating the disease with antifungals. On mobile, I will post references when I'm on PC.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Constatine

How bad will things get before some big questions are asked? It already seems like everyone gets a form of cancer and everyone's parents or grandparent suffers from mental ailments. People are beginning to believe this is just a normal part of a terrible world.

How bad will things get before some big questions are asked? It already seems like everyone gets a form of cancer and everyone's parents or grandparent suffers from mental ailments. People are beginning to believe this is just a normal part of a terrible world.

All our dogs have died of cancer. I now realize that it's probably PUFAs. I think PUFAs are the big reason that we are getting so much cancer and Alzheimer's. In diabetes.

Drareg

Does the diagnosis involve heavy treatment with meds,probably making it worse,sorry not probably ,clearly making it worse,aricept and ssri cocktail ,people ironically taking this as nootropic.

johnwester130

coconut oil

pregnenolone powder

niacinamide

aspirin

K2

that's it - basic protection from alzheimers and disease

Only took 3 weeks for this guy to get improvement

Constatine

All our dogs have died of cancer. I now realize that it's probably PUFAs. I think PUFAs are the big reason that we are getting so much cancer and Alzheimer's. In diabetes.
Same here.

coconut oil

pregnenolone powder

niacinamide

aspirin

K2

that's it - basic protection from alzheimers and disease

Only took 3 weeks for this guy to get improvement

If only illness wasn't profitable.
The way that woman is talking in that video makes me never want to have coconut oil again :D

yerrag

Very much so. Apparently the rest of the pet world doesn't agree.

Practically all pelletized pet food is PUFA-loaded. What's worse, they add antioxidants like BHA and BHT to keep the PUFA's supposedly from oxidizing. Yet these antioxidants aren't safe for human consumption. When is it permissible to feed our pets something that's not safe for us?

Pets get sick as a result. And then they tell us certain dog breeds are prone to such and such disease, genes again. Yet we here know better that it has a lot to do with the quality of food given them.

I recently left a koi hobbyist forum out of frustration. I was questioning the use of koi food pellets that have fish oil, and I passed on some links to Ray Peat's articles. It was hard for the members to accept Ray Peat's ideas. One kept insisting what applies to humans doesn't apply to fish, not willing to consider the possibility that in that the aspect of fat consumption koi and humans may have something in common. One very influential member called Danny Roddy a "groupie" of Ray Peat. The member writes well and does a lot of research, but his fault is to not consider that what he knows so far may not be right, and isn't willing to challenge himself to an opposing viewpoint. We at Ray Peat allowed ourselves to be challenged by a viewpoint that is contrary to the mainstream narrative, and for that we are able to take back our health.

I gave up on that forum. I was trying to share my experience of not feeding fish oils to my koi. Being in the tropics, and consistent with Ray Peat's idea that at warmer temperatures saturated oils are much better than PUFAs because of the risk of oxidation, I stopped feeding commercial pellets (that are PUFA-loaded) and had my own food made for my koi. Coconut meat is one important ingredient. Being new at the hobby, I didn't expect so soon to win major prizes in our yearly local koi shows. Yet I did. Knowing enough of Ray Peat and applying its principles to raising my koi had a major impact. My koi have length (which in human terms is height), have excellent conformation (in human terms a shapely body), and excellent coloration (in human terms, it's the health as expressed in a healthy skin).

It would have been nice to share my ideas with that forum, but instead all I get is grief from members who are "invested" in very expensive koi food pellets. These pellets are fool's gold, and you have to be rich to afford them, or if not you'll become a pauper for spending on them. These hobbyists are no different from most people in making their choices as to what constitutes good food/medicine and bad food/medicine. People have a costly bias towards expensive medicine, devices, and surgeries, with the mistaken idea that quality of outcomes is directly related to the cost involved.

These hobbyists keep finding problems (too small, or too fat or too thin, or poor coloration) with the koi they raise, and end up trading them (if koi don't die first) in with their dealer for new expensive koi to raise (again), blaming the "genes" and their poor luck in getting good "genes" out of koi already selected by Japanese breeders for good future outcomes. They rarely question that genes are only one aspect of the koi's development, and continue on making the same mistakes raising their koi, and never get to win a major prize despite all the time, effort, and money they have spent. Soon these hobbyists, in order to win a major prize, resort to buying "ringers"- koi raised by breeders in Japan to full size, at great cost - and bring them in a few day before the koi show - in order to snag the Grand Champion appellation. And hobbyists seem resigned to the narrative that "only koi raised in Japan can win."

Whether it's our own health or the health of our pets, the same forces of commerialized medical quackery is at work. It truly takes a different inner compass in us to want to veer from the programming in our culture, to embrace something that is coherent and practical, and to shun the safety of relying on experts whose claim to expertise rests on us being ignorant to call them out for being quacks and interlopers.

Thanks for listening to my rant!:)

Last edited:
L

lollipop

Very much so. Apparently the rest of the pet world doesn't agree.

Practically all pelletized pet food is PUFA-loaded. What's worse, they add antioxidants like BHA and BHT to keep the PUFA's supposedly from oxidizing. Yet these antioxidants aren't safe for human consumption. When is it permissible to feed our pets something that's not safe for us?

Pets get sick as a result. And then they tell us certain dog breeds are prone to such and such disease, genes again. Yet we here know better that it has a lot to do with the quality of food given them.

I recently left a koi hobbyist forum out of frustration. I was questioning the use of koi food pellets that have fish oil, and I passed on some links to Ray Peat's articles. It was hard for the members to accept Ray Peat's ideas. One kept insisting what applies to humans doesn't apply to fish, not willing to consider the possibility that in that the aspect of fat consumption koi and humans may have something in common. One very influential member called Danny Roddy a "groupie" of Ray Peat. The member writes well and does a lot of research, but his fault is to not consider that what he knows so far may not be right, and isn't willing to challenge himself to an opposing viewpoint. We at Ray Peat allowed ourselves to be challenged by a viewpoint that is contrary to the mainstream narrative, and for that we are able to take back our health.

I gave up on that forum. I was trying to share my experience of not feeding fish oils to my koi. Being in the tropics, and consistent with Ray Peat's idea that at warmer temperatures saturated oils are much better than PUFAs because of the risk of oxidation, I stopped feeding commercial pellets (that are PUFA-loaded) and had my own food made for my koi. Coconut meat is one important ingredient. Being new at the hobby, I didn't expect so soon to win major prizes in our yearly local koi shows. Yet I did. Knowing enough of Ray Peat and applying its principles to raising my koi had a major impact. My koi have length (which in human terms is height), have excellent conformation (in human terms a shapely body), and excellent coloration (in human terms, it's the health as expressed in a healthy skin).

It would have been nice to share my ideas with that forum, but instead all I get is grief from members who are "invested" in very expensive koi food pellets. These pellets are fool's gold, and you have to be rich to afford them, or if not you'll become a pauper for spending on them. These hobbyists are no different from most people in making their choices as to what constitutes good food/medicine and bad food/medicine. People have a costly bias towards expensive medicine, devices, and surgeries, with the mistaken idea that quality of outcomes is directly related to the cost involved.

These hobbyists keep finding problems (too small, or too fat or too thin, or poor coloration) with the koi they raise, and end up trading them (if koi don't die first) in with their dealer for new expensive koi to raise (again), blaming the "genes" and their poor luck in getting good "genes" out of koi already selected by Japanese breeders for good future outcomes. They rarely question that genes are only one aspect of the koi's development, and continue on making the same mistakes raising their koi, and never get to win a major prize despite all the time, effort, and money they have spent. Soon these hobbyists, in order to win a major prize, resort to buying "ringers"- koi raised by breeders in Japan to full size, at great cost - and bring them in a few day before the koi show - in order to snag the Grand Champion appellation. And hobbyists seem resigned to the narrative that "only koi raised in Japan can win."

Whether it's our own health or the health of our pets, the same forces of commerialized medical quackery is at work. It truly takes a different inner compass in us to want to veer from the programming in our culture, to embrace something that is coherent and practical, and to shun the safety of relying on experts whose claim to expertise rests on us being ignorant to call them out for being quacks and interlopers.

Thanks for listening to my rant!:)
So interesting and what a smart move to apply Ray's work to koi! Nice. Hope others read your story. It is telling.

SQu

I was trying to share my experience of not feeding fish oils to my koi. Being in the tropics, and consistent with Ray Peat's idea that at warmer temperatures saturated oils are much better than PUFAs because of the risk of oxidation, I stopped feeding commercial pellets (that are PUFA-loaded) and had my own food made for my koi. Coconut meat is one important ingredient
I'd love to know more. I'm caretaking tropical fish. Overpricing is another issue. New thread? I'll start one if there's interest.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals