Coconut Oil For Feet

DrJ

I recently moved from a relatively moist coastal climate (Bay Area) to a dry desert climate at higher altitude (Arizona) and it had a pretty dramatic effect on the dryness of my skin, especially on my feet. Within a few days of arriving, the bottoms of my feet were cracked to the point of bleeding, and the small calluses I had seemed to get dramatically bigger, and heels were much thicker with dry skin and rougher. I used to have these problems before peating, but supplementing with a lot of magnesium made all my dry skin (and dry lip) problems go away.

Anyways, I tried an experiment in which I applied coconut oil generously to my feet before bedtime, and then put socks over that before I went to bed. Wow! Only 2 days of this and I feel justified in reporting the dramatic effects. Cracking completely eliminated, heels feel soft, calluses seem reduced, and overall the skin and nail quality on my feet looks dramatically better. I've always struggled with brittle toenails that seem to get the 'vertical ridges' pattern, but they have already improved. Pretty excited! And thought I would report in case it would help others. It's a cheap and easy home remedy.

Prosper

Nice. Hot saunas and too much coffee tend to dry the skin around my nose and make it itchy - coconut oil seems to help that too.

B

Braveheart

I recently moved from a relatively moist coastal climate (Bay Area) to a dry desert climate at higher altitude (Arizona) and it had a pretty dramatic effect on the dryness of my skin, especially on my feet. Within a few days of arriving, the bottoms of my feet were cracked to the point of bleeding, and the small calluses I had seemed to get dramatically bigger, and heels were much thicker with dry skin and rougher. I used to have these problems before peating, but supplementing with a lot of magnesium made all my dry skin (and dry lip) problems go away.

Anyways, I tried an experiment in which I applied coconut oil generously to my feet before bedtime, and then put socks over that before I went to bed. Wow! Only 2 days of this and I feel justified in reporting the dramatic effects. Cracking completely eliminated, heels feel soft, calluses seem reduced, and overall the skin and nail quality on my feet looks dramatically better. I've always struggled with brittle toenails that seem to get the 'vertical ridges' pattern, but they have already improved. Pretty excited! And thought I would report in case it would help others. It's a cheap and easy home remedy.
yes, know this works...anti fungal too

Beehelp

I've got a very dry skin after my daughter's birth. I use oils and beeswax to cope with it

Hey there, as you are using coconut oil, you can mix some paraffin wax with the oil, heat the mixture in pan till wax melts, allow this to cool down and then apply on your feet. Use this before going to bed and wear socks. This is what my sister does for her cracked feet.

xiaohua

I had success with this as well. Also, epsom salt foot baths are really good for softening the skin.

tomisonbottom

Awesome.

How much magnesium did you take for dry skin and lips?

OP
DrJ

DrJ

How much magnesium did you take for dry skin and lips?
At least 1000mg/day but spread out in 2-3 doses. I take magnesium quite liberally, like if I feel even the slightest hint of a muscle twitch or cramp I take some more.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals